Exobyte Revamp?? getting same amount

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SilkyPawz, Dec 9, 2022.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

I am curious this exobyte revamp isn't giving anymore all exobytes when salvaged give same XP as before the game update yesterday, if you took away the purples,blues,reds and yellows shouldn't the amount of XP Increased?

We got a bonus when we put in those colored ones to match the support roles now they are gone and there is no bonus WE ARE GETTING LESS!!!
    • Like x 9
  2. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

I still don't really understand why this was changed to begin with to be honest. Never had an issue on how it was before and having the crit bonus from matching the colors was a fun part of leveling augments. Hopefully this gets looked into and the XP gets increased to match what it was like before this unneeded change to the system that was perfectly fine.
    • Like x 8
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's certainly going to be easier on the inventory space going forward.
    • Like x 9
  4. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

It was easy enough to make a bank toon everyone has them. Play smarter not harder. A change like this really shouldn't be at the top of the to do list with this game.
    • Like x 7
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Maybe the developers misunderstood the community on this one. A lot of people wanted them to consolidate the episode-based Exobytes for the adaptive augments to reduce inventory issues with those. I agree with you that I liked having the XP bonus based on Might/Dominance/Restoration/Vitalization. I would prefer they consolidate the old episode exobytes into one type as the episode goes out of end-game content.

As for this thread, my understanding was not that they were going to increase the XP of the exobytes but instead increase how often we get the pristine/solid as opposed to flawed to compensate for the XP loss. That was how I read the update notes. Hopefully we get some clarification either way from Mepps or a developer.
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

I mean, I'm working on quite a bit of landscaping changes in my garden, but that doesn't mean I should ignore the dishes. You can knock out relatively easy tasks in addition to working on larger issues.
    • Like x 2
  7. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

It just doesn't seem balanced to me. They add something like this and it just feels like we are getting screwed over in the end.
    • Like x 4
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think it gives us more control over getting higher XP in the end since we can upgrade flawed and solid Exobytes to pristine and increase our overall XP rewards. This may actually be an improvement for players who put in the time to farm.
    • Like x 1
  9. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

If a ship is sinking would you be mopping the deck or patching the hole first? Most players are jumping ship with the decisions being made and how they spend their time implementing updates to the game. So I really don't think its a great time to be picking flowers when the garden is on fire.
  10. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

To be honest I don't think most players know about upgrading exos. And I think they just relied on what dropped and fed it into the augments on the fly.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Then they'll be getting the same XP now as before if I read the update correctly. They'll now get more solid and pristine XP from salvage to make up for the bonus supplied by the other types. Either way, players are either at the same XP as before or higher. The option does provide a bit of an improvement over the old system. I always thought it was odd there weren't plans to upgrade the role-based Exobytes before.
  12. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I was actually really happy to see the colored exos go away. Not being able to combine them like generic exos was killing my bank toon where I stored them between eps after I max my origins, tbh. I’m all for streamlining the level up food sprawl.
    • Like x 3
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For those who don’t get it, this is actually a very good thing. Exobytes take up a lot of space. They aren’t like nth metal where they stack up to 999 but 99. And those who do more end up with far more exobytes. So they do end up taking a pretty sizable amount of space. This essentially does the same thing that the nth metal update did. They got rid of the extra types in order to make it more streamlined and increased the average amount (and probably salvage rate) in order to keep things around the same rate at which it would give before.

On top of that, those who run many alts will know that after salvaging and the shared bank gets filled rather quickly. Especially during seasonals. This helps those who play a lot more.
    • Like x 5
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I still don’t really understand what is going on, I have been working a lot of overtime lately and haven’t really played much since Monday. I have read and re-read the release notes, and I have found them to be very obtuse. At first I thought it applied to changes made in Flashpoint only but it could also read as game wide, which is what I am gathering is the case form reading this thread.

So we don’t get certain exabytes anymore?
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Might/Dominance/Restoration/Vitalization exobytes for feeding Origin Augments no longer drop from salvaged gear. Instead, we receive more solid/pristine exobytes than flawed exobytes to make up for the bonuses that those role-based Exobytes applied. That is my understanding of the change.

Note: I don't necessarily mean that there will be more solid/pristine than flawed overall, just that there will be more solid/pristine salvages compared to before. Flawed Exobytes will probably still be more common, but the percentage of flawed drops went down compared to before.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much what Seth said. Think of it this way. Previously you had a chance for exobytes to drop in flawed, solid, and pristine. And then you had them you had the chance for these to drop in colored versions too. They removed the colored versions so now only the uncolored drops when you salvage gear. Since colored exobytes gave a bonus amount of experience they adjusted the drop rate of the salvage to make up a bit of this bonus.

Previous you’d have colorless, yellow, red, green, blue, and purple. So 6 different colors of 3 different ranks. Most players would only get a bonus from 1-2 (dps and their support role) while the rest would essentially work like colorless. So after those were removed they made adjustments to the chance of getting the higher ranks. If for example you had 75% for flaws, 15% for solid, and 10% for pristine. They may had changed to to something like 60% flawed, 25% solid, and 15% pristine. (Not actual numbers) this change would essentially give players an average amount of exp similar to what they would get if they were using the bonus from the colored ones.
    • Like x 4
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I don't have a problem with this change, but I do think they should have upped the amount to compensate the lack of type bonus. Doesn't have to be the full amount, but an average would be ideal.

I actually think they are doing this for their own benefit, not just player's. Each new set of gear, means a new set of MK whatevers. This gets out of hand even for the devs. So long run, a more streamlined system is better.

Now I wish they would streamline the mod crafting system. Like seriously, just change it to the exp fortification system that all other lateral progression is using now. The RND system is antiquated and has been changed so many times over the years that it is worse than when it was first introduced with GU8.
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The update notes say that they did up the amount, but it's not intuitive to most players. Instead of getting Flawed Exobytes primarily, we'll now get more Solid and Pristine from salvaged gear at a higher rate. Deity provided some possible example numbers (I'd have to do the actual math to figure out something closer to what they really did, and I don't have the XP provided by the three different levels at hand right now):

19. BumblingB I got better.

I guess this will be a long run we will see. RNGesus is a cruel master.
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you, I really wish the Release Notes were clearer and more detail as yours & Seth’s explanations are.