Excessive freezing after update

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RealGODofWar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Saturday? Ok.... Thanks for the update. But what you didnt inform us was the compensation plan towards a community that had play time and payed subscripton used durind a period that this game was unplayable.
    • Like x 1
  2. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

More and more the sensation that this was made to "test the waters" of the Ps3 community and its willingness to actually buy the Ps4 grows... you know whats growing too Mepps? My desire to quit SOE/Daybreak after 11+ years of putting up with your blonders. Let me explain some:
    SWG NGE system that killed the community.
    Matrix Online being shutdown the way it was.
    The letdown Clone Wars was...
    Updating SWG into an actually wonder to be played 1 month BEFORE SHUTDOWN (thanks for that!!!!)
    etc etc etc....

It gets old Mepps... and so is the service you guys are providing. they say a great wine takes time to be great... in the case of SOE, time made you worse and then you remained like that... Every game starts off in a good note, actually winning prizes and all... but then you guys are capable of **** it up!
    • Like x 1
  3. CaptainBombus Level 30

Coming from a professional IT background, it seems impossible that an emergency break fix takes this long to release. I work in an industry that provides various SaaS (Software as a sevice) products. If we were responsible for an outage effecting any of our paying customers for an entire week, it would be an all hands on deck situation, and we would be bending over backwards to preserve our customer relationships. Management would be pressuring us to get the break fix out as soon as possible, not us waiting and waiting to get approval from them to release it. This is unacceptable and implausible. People that don't work in this industry may believe this, but I certainly don't.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Try working with PSN.
    • Like x 9
  5. Treskar Committed Player

THANK YOU!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
  6. Phantom Corsair Active Player

I have to wait another 4-5days to complete my alerts / raids without freezing.. go figure!
  7. CaptainBombus Level 30

I don't think I could work with PSN honeslty. You should all be commended for having to deal with them. Would it help at all for us to direct our complaints to them? I'm not talking about this particular issue only, but on their entire release process that causes these types of delays. I have no problem sharing my mind with them and what I think about it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Are you saying that your parent company is frustrating.... uuuh bad career move. Also this pushing the blame from one company to another denotes lack of coerent business savy! I understand your unique point of view you are on "the inside" after all, but for one company responsible for a franchise game like DC Universe to take this kind of blonder is sttagering. Also went Superman v Batman comes along and DC takes the spotlight your company will also be on the stoplight... imagine this happening then, and the amount of crap your company would have to deal with in terms of PR and justify this mess with Warner.

Just saying... watch your step guys. Be sure your company is ready for the heat when DCCU starts up strong!

I await your response on the compensation... I will settle with anything coming our wait... Except nothing! Then I would seriouslly pissed!

Regards
    • Like x 1
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Saturday? Aww :( I understand, kinda hard to work with psn. Thought it would be earlier. Have to wait more days again. Well thanks for the update Mepps.
  10. KomarnoMan Well-Known Player

The service from this game is lousy. Many other companies on this planet treats its customers a lot better than Sony has in this case. Shame on you Sony - your organization is a total disgrace. You will never get any of my purchases in the future on any of your products and that's something you can't take to the bank.
  11. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Mepps, just a headsup... now that Saturday is (more or less) fix day. I think it's time to keep players from actually quitting... with the compensation plan being disclosed. Nothing like shinny stuff to keep us interested heh?
  12. Treskar Committed Player

Calm down. We need nothing as gamers. We went off and played diablo 3, sonic , catamari damacy, bubble bobble.
    WE GOT A VACATION for 15 dollars knowing a game is going to be improved. Of course we could still be playing games you have to code with a scan tron card. Take 4 months to just print them up. Forget trying to configure what order to input them in. HEH.;)

Can I get my game back? YES. Hows that for fair? FINE
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

PSN isn't the parent company of DCUO lol

And you need to read the Terms of Service. You aren't getting compensated.
    • Like x 1
  14. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I laughed so hard reading this. People forget now you aren't a part of the Sony umbrella anymore and that you have to wait on them for any client fixes. :mad: How dare you make us wait! :mad: LMAO. When the fixes do indeed come they are welcomed.
  15. CaptainBombus Level 30

I think it's great people are criticizing a shoddy release process and trying to understand how to improve it - as opposed to just being another syncophant.
  16. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This game is what it is, after every dlc, update or any type of major change there are always issues. Some small, some major and that determines how it goes on the list of things to get fixed. Throw in a toxic community that demands what it want's now....or a refund and you get what you get. You can call it a shoddy release but I have heard worse stories of prior updates that were all fixed in due time. So while there may be a perceived inconvenience, this is all par for the course.
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I think most of us understand how it works, its just the fact that nonetheless having to wait almost 2 entire weeks before being able to play the game is somewhat able to test the patience of even mild mannered individuals.

I understand that the devs cannot get a test server opened up on PSN despite their desires to do so.
    I also understand that this wasn't intentional, so it wasn't a slap in the face to the players but rather an accident.

I do however, believe some form of compensation is deserved, but yet again I'm not expecting it. As it is possible that there will be no compensation for PS3 players.

Nonetheless, I do thank the devs for trying to get this worked out as quickly as possible.
  18. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Damn that's a long wait, but many of us understand. Thanks for the update. I have a follow up question, Mepps. I've also noticed that at the league tribute boxes, gear and base items names are unavailable, so its difficult to know what I'm tributing. I assume this is connected and also being fixed? Hopefully? Also, I've been experiencing some irregularities with queing for Legends pvp. Is this also being fixed? Or do I need to submit separate bug reports?
  19. Dark VVolverine New Player

That's the problem, WE CAN"T PLAY THE GAME. I paid for a game/service and am unable to use it through no fault of my own. In fact, the developers have said the fault is 100% theirs. But I'm supposed to be ok with that? I'm supposed to just bend over and take it while they spend my money?
    • Like x 8
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Saturday at best? While I'm disappointed, I appreciate the update Mepps. I'm sure everyone with a ps3 is angry and some have probably quit but to those who are going to hold off til Saturday like me, could you at least give an extension to us legendary ps3 subscribers. I for one am not going to ask for badges, auras, or special items, all I want is to add the time loss on my legendary subscription due to this issue. Like many others in the game who probably have more than 1 toon, I have 8 who are over cr100 and 3 over cr110, and I was eager to run the new dlc content with my league mates but alas I guess I'll leave it to you
    • Like x 7