Excessive freezing after update

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RealGODofWar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

People, so theres a fix and it's nice of them to have actually fixed this mess. However the fix can't be applied until some coorperate tie or another actually signs a paper granting the fix to PSN. Ok, so far I have understood the situation.

But I require clarification on this issue Mepps: Who will grant us extention of our lost play time over an authorization process we are clueless it existed, and even you guys at SO.... Daybreak (sorry) are clueless on the exact process of the authorization?

This is a serious question, because €15 a month while losing play time over a problem: First, we didnt create; Second, we couldnt work around it; Third, we have to wait for an already existing fix to be actually authorizated by someone that (here it's 11:58AM Saturday 28/03/2015) at this time is enjoying is weekend somewhere.

Can we please get an extention on our subs? It would show Daybreak actually cares for the playing community, and would ensure loads of clients return for more sub time (I would at least).
    • Like x 2
  2. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

You spoke good english :), and apparently it'll take around 7 days to fix...:(
    • Like x 1
  3. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

Hypothetical question:

If a player was to sue DC, Sony, Daybreak, or whomever is actually responsible for this, in small claims court for under $500 (an amount more than most have payed and an amount acceptable in almost, if not all, small claims courts) would the service provider in question spend upwards of $200 an hour for a corporate attorney to represent them to protect their "No Refund" policy?

Granted that the unmodified ToS dictates that all legal issues go before an arbitrator and not to court minus the provision that allows the end user to mail in a letter stating that they wish it to go to court and not arbitration in the event of legal action.

Basically I'm just curious. If I sell you a car that is broken, even if I tell you all the problems with it, there are still laws in place, such as the Ohio 3 day lemon law, to protect the consumer from fraud, deception, and FAULTY merchandise. Would the same apply here.

Just something for DCUO, and customers alike, to think about.
    • Like x 1
  4. CollKev Well-Known Player

I cannot even enjoy my membership because of freezing. I freee like 5 times in a raid
    • Like x 1
  5. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Love to, but I have other stuff to pay for.
  6. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Mepps at least send out a warning to PS3 users ingame recommending them to not play while this issue is live. That will prevent a %&$#storm of flame wars in case a PS3 gets burned out from over freezing. A potential legal actions against daybreak, sony etc
    • Like x 1
  7. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

It's border line incompetence to leave such a tremendous flop live an entire weekend.... that being Daybreak fault or PSN fault. Patience is wearing thin now...
    • Like x 1
  8. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Need I remind what happen with NGE on Star Wars Galaxies, Mepps? SOE virtually lost an entire community of thousands in 2 days over a game changing update. This is not game changing.... it's game breaking, qualifing as worst then the previous!
    • Like x 1
  9. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

If you people cause my ps3 to die will you replace it with the ps4 you are pushing so hard?

BTW, I don't come here for enjoyment, only to rectify problems I experience through no fault of my own. If you don't screw up, I won't post.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Played one hour, froze solid at 1136EST, G\got back on at 1155, froze solid at 1137EST. Doing CGI and Photoshop stuff for comics now. Skyrim can wait. No offense Mepps, but at least their log in works.
    • Like x 1
  11. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Sufice to say that my trust in SOE/Daybreak and PSN was significantly affected by this issue. You say it was a TOP PRIORITY to fix this... but fixed mail, booster gold box issues first. I'm considering ending my DCUO "career" for good, and after 11 year of SOE also quitting all of your products.
    • Like x 1
  12. Disatria New Player

If they are starting the Xbox one project does that mean by release 3rd gen consoles are getting the.boot or will it be released one 3 r&d gen Xbox as well
  13. swis008 New Player

well then in oder to maintain a good customer experience, you should add an extra month to PS3'ers membership becsuse the subscription is based on time not useage.
  14. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

XBox is garbage! I wouldn't hit an attacker with an XBox to defend myself from a beat down. It would be too cruel and inhumane.

Trying to add yet another platform might explain the problem though.

fictional dev quote: "Oh crap we broke it!!! We'd better do more of the same... FAST!!!".
    No different than putting toast back into the toaster to get fresh bread.
  15. swis008 New Player

quote="Mepps, post: 3169529, member: 6"]The issue here with PS3 crashing is client related, which means once fixed it must go through PSN approvals before we can roll out the download. Other issues are server-side, and do not require the approval.

We will get a fix out for PS3 as soon as we can, but this is unfortunately something that will require several days.[/quote]
    If we buy a PS4, I have 3 questions: will my ultimate edition carry over or will I have to buy a PS4 version of ultimate edition and 2: will my membership transfer ? and lastly will my char. I created on PS3 transfer to PS4?
  16. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

It is my understanding that everything IS transferable if you sell out and upgrade your system to the PS4. But Do you really want to buy a whole console just to play a game that SHOULD work on what you have? That would turn this into a VERY expensive freemium game.

Not so for PS to PC and vice versa though. Otherwise I would just switch and play on PC.
  17. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

Which begs the question; Why CAN'T I transfer my account to PC. If you allowed this 99% of your current dissatisfied customers would be content and silent but suggesting they go buy a whole new console to try and avoid YOUR screw up is an insult! Yours is the only game having issues. Yours is the only one I CANNOT play with any satisfactory results on my PS3.

And remember devs, If we were deep in a raid right now we wouldn't be here with so many demands and complaints.
  18. Mutzukyo84 New Player

Yes Yes Yes but it is not ok, then we have pay to play of a console us wishes and not diktate by the game and the peoples behind of them. I know thats sound hard but in the moment feels like so.

Question: It'd be a compensation for the PS3 membership player? After all, they have paid but can not use the product!
    Mepps said:
    “The issue here with PS3 crashing is client related, which means once fixed it must go through PSN approvals before we can roll out the download. Other issues are server-side, and do not require the approval.

We will get a fix out for PS3 as soon as we can, but this is unfortunately something that will require several days.”
  19. Disatria New Player

Because even if u upgrade to the ps4 u are still using the same psn account and ur dcuo purchases are linked to ur account. Essentially if u created a new user on ur ps4 and put in my psn login i play everything on I have on my consoles dcuo client on ur console because I'm using my psn login. Where as pc uses a whole different account system than psn
  20. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Can you people quit complaining? They are doing their best. Do you think this problem is in the best interest of the Devs, Daybreak, or Sony? Its not. They will fix it as soon as they can. The hotfixes were probably in the works already. You don't know what's going on (neither do I). I also have a ps3 and am similarly affected. It sucks. But that's just how it is until they get it fixed. No one is telling you to go buy a $400 console. Its an extremely frustrating problem. I get extremely frustrated, and feel like I'm just going to stop playing until it gets fixed, yet I keep playing (and I have completed Labyrinth and several duos and alerts). You can make a different decision. Its up to you. But if they could have it fixed already, they would have. Now quit kvetching and take a chill pill!
    • Like x 1