EXACT difference between membership, Ulitmate edition and Premium

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Edwar368, May 15, 2016.

1. Edwar368 New Player

There is surprisingly little specific detail I can find about the differences between Membership, the XBox One "Ultimate Edition" and Premium, the FAQ makes mention of "and much more", which doesn't really cut it.
    1. Apparently you are automatically premium when you spend $5 in the marketplace - Does that include the Xbox Store? or is it explicitly the in game marketplace? i.e. If you buy the Ultimate edition, will you automatically be premium forever?
    2. The episodes are a little confusing, the Ultimate edition mentions "episodes 1 - 14", but the Episode packs in the xbox store have names for the episodes, not numbers, so are these "named" episodes actually episdoes 15 - 23 or are they something else?
    3. Its not clear to me what features are Membership only and what are Premium. For example, today I tried to enable Voice chat for nearby characters and was sent to the marketplace, but not to the actual item, so its not clear if that function would be available to me if I brought the ultimate, or if I was just premium
    4. Given the above confusion, is there a definitive list of things that are active simply by being premium?
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

The ultimate edition includes some powers (not really sure if all of them), episodes 1-14, upgrades (shield, lair system, utility belt) and it will make you premium.
    Buying membership will give you access to all episodes, all powers, more inventory slots, bank slots, you can trade money and items, you have no cash limit, you get monthly stuff like replay badges, loyalty points, daily access to the vault and access to all legend characters for marks. But all that stuff only remains available to you during your membership duration, once it's over you'll go back to being premium and you'll lose slots, you will only have 2000 cash and you'll have to deactivate some characters.
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

1. Basically anything you buy at $5 or more, that adds to the game gets you Premium status. I believe it doesn't matter where you buy the items, sense only things authorized can sell DCUO products.

2. They only just started calling Episodes, Episodes at number 15 and gave them numbers as apart of their names. Prior to that they were DLCs and had full names without any numbers, so the wording of bundles don't have a number distinction to them.

3. Chat systems are not effected buy your account status, accept for a delay on LFG and Trade. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

4. There use to be a full list comparing all three account types but they got rid of that years ago (there are cynical theories why, all true).

As a Premium you get more bank and inventory slots, 6 character slots, cash cap goes up to 2000 (sucks), can trade items only, oh and better login queue. There is the benefit of technically owning what you buy in comparison to renting as a member.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

What Free starts with:
    1. All classic content up to tier 3
    2. 3 tier 4 Duos 1 tier 4 4-Man (Inner Sanctum)
    3. Access to 6 powersets (Nature, Sorcery, Ice, Fire, Gadgets and Mental)
    4. Access to 3 movements (Acrobatics, Flight and Super-Speed)
    5. Access to 10 weapons (Martial Arts, Brawling, One-Handed, Two-Handed, Hand Blasts, Dual Wield, Staff, Bow, Rifle and Dual Pistols)
    6. Access to Hideouts
    7. 2 character slots
    8. 28 inventory slots
    9. 12 bank slots
    10. 9 shared bank slots
    11. 0 broker slots
    12. 1 Armory per character
    13. 1 Deed per character
    14. No ability to trade or receive items or Cash from mail
    15. No ability to talk or create custom voice channels, or talk in Proximity
    16. Not able to create a league
    17. No additional Daybreak Cash/Loyalty Points
    18. No additional Replay Badges
    19. Limit to $1500 Cash
    20. 1 Vault run every 7 days
    21. Slowest login queue line dubbed "Free queue"
    What each of them will minimally give you:
    1. Ability to trade items and receive items from mail
    2. Ability to talk in Proximity and custom voice channels
    3. 4 additional character slots
    4. 14 additional inventory slots
    5. 12 additional bank slots
    6. 5 additional bank slots
    7. Limit of $2000 Cash
    8. 1 Vault run every 3 days
    9. Priority login queue line over Free dubbed "Premium queue"
    This is because buying the Ultimate Edition makes you a Premium member. The Ultimate Edition in addition gives you access to:
    1. Access to Episode Pack I (Episodes 1-5)
    2. Access to Episode Pack II (Episodes 6-9)
    3. Access to Power Bundle (Light, Electricity, Earth, Quantum, Celestial and Rage)
    4. Access to Shield
    5. Access to Utility Belts
    6. Access to Lairs and Mainframes
    Legendary gives you access to the Ultimate Edition in addition to:
    1. Episode Pack III (Episodes 10-14)
    2. Episodes 15-23+
    3. Access to remaining powersets (Munitions and Atomic)
    4. Access to Skimming
    5. 10 additional character slots
    6. 21 additional inventory slots
    7. 24 additional bank slots
    8. 15 additional broker slots
    9. No limit to Cash
    10. 1 Vault run every day
    11. Able to create custom voice channels
    12. Able to create a league
    13. Able to trade Cash and receive Cash from mail
    14. 500 Daybreak Cash/Loyalty Points per month
    15. 150 Replay Badges per month
    16. 10% Marketaplce discount
    17. Ability to purchase any Marketplace Legends character for Marks of Legends (average price 100 marks)
    18. Access to Modern Batman Legends character
    19. Priority login queues over Premium dubbed "Legendary queue"
    And of course you get those benefits only if you subscribed. If you purchase additional Marketaplce upgrades you get:
    1. Access to Amenity: Teleporter
    2. Access to double general Amenities (if you get the Marketplace Amenities and the Amenities from collections. Example 2 placeable Sparring Targets)
    3. 15 additional Armory's per character
    4. 3 additional Deeds per character
    5. 16 additional character slots
    6. 84 additional inventory slots
    7. 81 additional bank slots
    8. 14 additional shared bank slots
    9. 60 additional broker slots
    That should be the exact differences. Of course you could also get other Marketplace cosmetics and such but that should be all of the functional benefits between Free, Premium, Ultimate Addition and Legendary.

Disclaimer: This information remains relevant up to the date of this post (May 16, 2016 00:23 ET). Any relevancy beyond this date cannot be assured.
    • Like x 4
  6. Wolveester New Player

What happens to characters when they have a power that you only have cus of membership and your membership runs out? What happens to that character ?
  7. ObiJuan87 New Player

If I remember right it becomes locked until you resubscribe or buy the required items that the character has through the market.
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Nothing as long as you have 6 or less characters. If you do you choose which characters to lock. If you bought 7 more character slots separately, had Legendary for 1 month, created 15 characters you could keep all 15 with each powerset in the game regardless if you owned access to it or not.
  9. Frost Prophet New Player

Hi, I've a question about marks of victory. I've heard that you can only have a 100 at one time, is this the same for everyone regardless of membership status? Also if you do go over a 100 are the extra marks held and credited back to you once you go under a 100, or are they lost for good. Thanks :)
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

100 is the cap for everyone. If you are at the cap and do something that would ordinarily earn one or more marks, a message will pop up in chat that says "X Marks of Victory could not be awarded because you are at the cap" or something like that. If you are capped, spend some or lose any others you might earn.
    • Like x 1
  11. Frost Prophet New Player

Thank you, appreciate the info :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Cardinal New Player

Hello everyone! I have a question about getting premuim access. The info I found almost everywhere says that one needs to spend 5.00$ or more to become premium. For instance, buying episode which cost (9.99$) on official site through Steam will grant one a premium access. So, whats bothering me is that, will one be granted a premium access by buying 2 episodes which cost 4.00$ THROUGH Steam? Because its 8.00$ total.
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

YES
    Once you spend over 5.00 you will be a premium member. You will always be a premium member after that point no matter how much you spend.............unless you subscribe / pay monthly fee.
  14. Cardinal New Player

Its just I did that. I bought 2 episodes which cost 4.00$ on official site, but I acquired them THROUGH Steam. And Im still f2p ;(
  15. Cardinal New Player

What should I do?
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok, so Premium is just an advanced f2p, as a Premium you are still a free player but with a bit more benefits.

It's rather easy to tell if you became Premium with your purchase, starting with the login screen, there will be a 1(or 2) of 6 characters displayed under the character list, instead of the original "of 2". Then once you're in the game you inventory and bank spaces should be bigger and then there's your cash it will now be up to 2000 (that might not be an automatic thing though).

Now I have heard there can be a delay of things when making a purchase, so if you see no signs of your account being upgraded that could be why.

Oh and on the cynical note, DGC does not view Premiums as any different than Free.
  17. Cardinal New Player

I've got only 2 character slots. 1500 is a in-game cash limit. About delay, I bought them more than a half a year ago. Its just I quit plaing back then. Now my friend talked me into playing again, and this started bothering me because its hard to play with these restrictions. I cant even buy vendor gear cause its above 1500. So what would you suggest me to do?
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Did you receive an activation code from steam for buying the packs?
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230646747-How-to-Activate-a-Steam-DLC-Pack

Did you activate the code?
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217581988

If that does not work.

Send in a support ticket with some sort of proof of purchase. Screen shots usually work best.

As a side note:

DCUO needs to post the requirements, benefits and make this easily accessiblefor the 3 player status types.
    The new DCUO web paged dropped that information.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, they are: -

Chat and Voice restrictions:
    With Free to Play, there are some limitations placed on in-game text and voice chat, based on an account's access level:
    • Legendary: Unlimited text and voice chat
    • Premium: 6 text chat messages within 30 seconds, proximity (local) voice chat
    • Free: 6 text chat messages within 30 seconds, no voice chat
    These limits can only be changed by upgrading your access level: there are no upgrades through the Marketplace that would allow for additional chat functionality.

Source: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230654267-Why-is-my-Chat-limited-