Evolving Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gwalir, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Gwalir Loyal Player

This is an idea I posted n the old PS3 boards, and would like to get everyone's opinions of it on this new board.

I had this idea due to a lot of people's beliefs that, due to Controllers' Vit going up while power costs stay the same, two Controller's in a Raid group aren't needed as much as they used to be.

What I was thinking was, they should make it so with each DLC we will be able to earn three power points, which we would be able to spend on new powers or use to evolve our current ones. If we use the new power points to evolve them, they would get stronger or have additional effects at the cost of their power costs going up. Each power could have up to three points invested in it, with each point giving a bigger benefit.

I will use Gadget's Gauss Grenade move for an example of some possible upgrades. As it stands now, GG costs 300 and, in Controller stance, stuns 2 NPC's while also giving one a 7% Defense debuff. Maybe for a one point upgrade, its cost increases to 400 but it now stuns 3 people. A 2 point upgrade would cost 500 power, but would increase the debuff to 10%, while keeping the 3-person stun unlocked with a one point upgrade. Spending the max of 3 power points in it would make the move cost 600 power, but would be capable of stunning 4 people, while giving 2 of them a 10% debuff.

If all the moves are capable of being upgraded, we may start to see more variety to people's loadouts, plus it would make both Trolls and Tanks likely to be ran more. After all, each upgrade will up the cost of a power, meaning Controller's will need to keep increasing their Vitalization to keep up with people's power costs, while Tanks may be needed to help with the fact people will be stunned more often and receive bigger debuffs than before.
    • Like x 3
  2. ToySoldier13 New Player

While it is a great idea, it will never happen in this game. These devs couldn't handle it even if they did see a potential profit in it.

This game is a great casual beat 'em up MMO, but we need to accept that is all it will ever be.
  3. CCBatson Dedicated Player

While a toolbox approach would be interesting, I doubt you'll see anything in the manner of more PP implemented. Rather look at the way the new Tactical Mods have expanded on methods of play within certain powersets. That's where I see the Devs going in terms of expanding the choices available to characters, opening the toolbox in a different but just as valid way.
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Maybe at some point they can introduce a refinement and harness system to our powers. You can refine existing powers by crafting and modding them for a little extra oomph. You can also harness new powers, which would be unlocking a third and/or fourth tree in your powerset to spec in to, by some mentor system or some such. All inherant on them adding more power points, or new points to earn, and raising the level cap.
  5. Twilight Man New Player

It honestly is a great idea.
    But I'm thinkin PS4...
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'd be okay with saving this for PS4.

I'm just throwing ideas out there to see which are well received or not, and hopefully the devs will work them in at some point.
  7. krullock New Player

i thank the power tree need to keep growing no matter if are loadout dose . i for one would like see them add one new power tab every new DLC. something new on every tree some be more power draining then others. that way all they have to do is make more to chouse from.
  8. krullock New Player

i also thank they need to take plant and shapshefting make them there own powers. shefters should have beastboy types on one tree and M-manhunter aline types on the other tree. instead of them being togeather with plant. make tree for plant powers and plant pets.keep plants as healer and make shapeshefting tank. that just my thalts on it.
  9. Statman New Player

A +1 from me in the past, but sadly I'm just going to have to like it this time around.

Good to see you got that capital G this time around Gwilar, people might call you by the right name now, haha
  10. Gwalir Loyal Player

Please tell me you misspelled my name on purpose, otherwise I may have to put the saying in my signature again. :)