Every decent name is taken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scorch Bomb, Jul 26, 2013.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Substitute certain not so obvious letters with numbers. For example when I created my main White Wolf was actually taken. So my main's name is actually "White W0lf". See what I did there?
  2. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I would have gone White WoIf (the "L" in Wolf is a capitalized "i")
    • Like x 3
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yep...same type of thing.
    • Like x 1
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Love your sig
    • Like x 1
  5. Sionn Committed Player

I can't believe these names weren't taken. A few names I recently reserved, and will use; Tempus Lord (tempus is latin for time), Chrono Prime, and Lord Khrona for a future lantern character.

Combining two names is easier to get than a one word name.
  6. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

And yesterday I managed to reserve a name for my upcoming Celestial character - Holy Terror. :p
  7. TDSK Committed Player

Just do what I do when I can't think of a name
    Search it up in google on how to say it in Japenese, and put the closest way you can. For example, in SWTOR I was Sukaiu~ōkā, which is Skywalker, but I had to put it as Sukaiu'oka as the ~ wasn't allowed.
  8. Hallows Eve New Player

Sorry, you're just not creative enough.
  9. Hero Alpha Well-Known Player

I agree the xXnameXx and Name123 are pretty lame but some people just have to have a certain name and will take x bookends to do it. Luckily I got my name very early. If I hadn't I'm not sure how I would have handled it since I have used it since back in CoH and before that as a kid making comics. I still think someone should make a thread for people to post names they would like to trade and stuff.
  10. Star Tyr New Player

Since the game has been around for awhile, it's necessary to get creative with names, and it is easier to come up with two-word names. I made a yellow lantern with the name Deimus Xanthous. In lantern lore, yellow light represents fear. Deimus is the god of fear and terror in Greek mythology and Xanthous means yellow.
  11. Captain Spire New Player

Let me get this straight. Mine has a lack of imagination but Sarah Bellum Premature Refrigeration Rapid Boil and a name with random numbers at the end is just fantastic?

You're SOL kid.
  12. Voqar New Player

What I would like to see for this game and a lot of MMORPGs is that if you are inactive for a certain amount of time (1 month, 3 months - something reasonable but not excessive) that your characters are renamed to "renameme" - freeing up held character names - and if you return you have to rename your characters. This allows people actually playing to more easily pick names and for those who bail and never return or who bail and return months/years later it shouldn't matter if they have to pick new names when nobody they ever knew will be around anyways.
  13. Kefkakefka New Player

:rolleyes: Can you help me too? I am stuck for a Eletric supporter char. Hero, male medium!
    :D you can pm my name. I am already afraid to lose *anxiety +10*
  14. SupesIsBestHero New Player

What name are you wanting?
    If you're making a iconic toon like Iron Man, Superman, or something like that then trust me, there's a decent name avaliable..
    I've been shocked to what great and decent names I've been able to make, I'd give you some names but don't want you to take them ;)
    I've gotten the names such as "HalTheGreenLantern" "TheRealWonderWoman" "TheRealBatman JL" "CapedCrusaderBatman" "TheRealSuperman JL" "oHUIK" oLOKI" and so on and so on and this is recently..
    if you mean making up your own name then tell me and I might have some suggestions for you
    All i make are Iconic toons so I don't know much about original name toons though
  15. Alpha XXX New Player

There are still good names out there if you flex your imagination, but I do wish they would free up names taken by characters that haven't logged in in over a year.

My biggest peeve is less that and more that you have to name right at the end of the creation the name and the theme/look go together, so I'd rather find out what my name options are before I do any designing.
  16. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i have to respectfully disagree. unless those random numbers, x's and o's are somehow a part of the name i say wrack your brains some and try to come up with something that doesn't have to resort to that, not that theres anything wrong with that but there is.

na na.
  17. Villain Level 30

Simplicity indeed - Vev
    aka
    <<<<<<
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

It wasn't that I was having a hard time being original. It's that I had that name picked out before ever hitting character creation. It was my nick name for several years before DCUO was ever even released. A name I gained in the martial arts community and among friends in tournaments. White Wolf was MY NAME lol. So when I saw that it was taken, I was like "nope, I'm getting that name one way or another".

Now ever since then it's kind of like a trademark for characters that I make. All of my wolf alts now have that same o replaced with a 0 even if they don't need it to be.
  19. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i know. i think the exception to the rule is being able to own it better than the guy who was lucky enough to get it first.
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

You won't hear an argument from me there.