Every decent name is taken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scorch Bomb, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Scorch Bomb New Player

I've been trying to play this game again now that I've got a computer again, and I can't even get past the character creation screen because every possible name I can think of is taken. Does anyone else have this problem? Is anyone else tired of the people with x's at the beginning and end of their names?
    • Like x 2
  2. Covalence New Player

If you can't think of a name, just look up a word in a different language,
    • Like x 5
  3. Epic Wins New Player

I can make one for you, what power will you choose? villain or hero? male or female?tall, medium or short?
    • Like x 3
  4. Deathmike Devoted Player

If you want a name but it's taken consider adding DeathmikesNo1Fan at the end.
    It might still be taken though..:confused:

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 12
  5. Chuccles New Player

I agree I hate the names with the the x's like XxSupermanxX or numbers Superman32342 or numbers in the name $up3RM4n they should have a penalty for lack of creativity. Oh you put a x at the beginning and end of your name? minus 15 sp lol But I think you mean all the obvious names are taken, but not all the good ones.
    • Like x 1
  6. McGhee Well-Known Player

Yes, I am tired of the names with "x" or some random number added to them. I think it show a lack of creativity. It also doesn't effect my gameplay, so whatever. PM if you need a name. I have plenty of names/concepts I am not using.
  7. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

This is all i could think of @.@

/311 rocks..
    • Like x 3
  8. XODUIS Committed Player

This is how you get a good name. Combined two awesome sounding words together. My alts name is Scythe Death, no x's, numbers or anything. A few weeks later saw someone with the name THE DEATHSCYTHE lol. Or whenever a new game comes out and you know the Main Characters name, TAKE IT. I dunno if Edward Kenway is taken yet but try it or Take Connor Kenways real name. i think it Tahk'nametean lmao
  9. Legend Lord New Player

I agree with the above poster, it's all about putting words together without X's or others gimmicks. Cleaner is always better!
    I agree however it was a hassle to finally get my 3 characters named. I ended up with 1) Legend Lord 2) Vengeful Vixen & 3) Prophet Prime

Experiment, you will find something eventually!
    • Like x 1
  10. Legend Lord New Player

I also deleted a bunch of Alts I never use today so the names Doom Doll, Torture Troll, Rebel Devil, and Dr Redemption.
    All free, available, and yours to use ;)
  11. Wilder Midnight New Player

Lots of ways to work around this but it also depends on what you want. if you're trying to emulate a popular character you're going to have a very hard time. probably going to have a hard time emulating an obscure character too (never tried to see if "matter eater lad" or "porcupine pete" would work). If its a good idea its going to work no matter how you spell it, if it isn't its just going to look lame. There are ways you could work numbers and letters into your name, ways you could work things you like into your name and theres always the old standby of taking a noun or verb or name and adding "girl" "boy" "man" or something like that to it.
  12. Covalence New Player

I agree with 2 other posters, if you have a name with numbers or x's you shold get a penalty! Give them a cash limit of 500... >:3
    • Like x 1
  13. Statman New Player

Of the... 10 or so characters I have, I've really only had trouble naming one of them. That one was sinerate - I wanted incinerate, but I dealt with it. It's not like all of my characters were created early in the game either, I created Shock Horror just a few months back.

http://thesaurus.com/ has done me some wonders, even though I only needed it for 1 or 2 of the characters I've created.
  14. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

I hear Deadpool is available...
    • Like x 3
  15. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

I've done that:

MRBEANxxxDeathmikesNo1Fan
    • Like x 1
  16. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

I only ever made one name with a number in it - Singu1arity - that was a deliberate choice though, the 1 in the middle seemed appropriate for a "singular" character. :) Plus, when I write it down anywhere, it becomes "Sing1arity" (with a nice big "1").

Other names - well sometimes I have to take my second or third choice, but I can usually find something, so I currently have characters called. BigBadRon, Astropath, King Monkey, Earthpounder, The Hologram, The Electrode, Discus, Nature´s Fury, Fästingen (Swedish for "The Tick" :D ), Spider Fridge, and Harbonah (the Angel of Annihilation).

Older, now deleted, characters include Dr Metropolis, Blaze Inferno, Dark Solaris, and Professor Unusual.

Not an X anywhere...
  17. darkmoon caverns New Player

Don't give him a name. He will be much happier choosing his own. And on the off chance you come up with an awesome name...give it to me. XP
  18. Tskales Well-Known Player

19. Cloud_9 New Player

Maybe you could think of an original name? Cause odds are of it has to do with a weapon or power, it's taken. Just come up with a name, not what would be a title.

For instance, my Hero Controller is Core Paradigm. Odds were that name wasn't taken. Most of my other names are variations of my original toon, Azuren (Azulen, Azureno, Etc.)

Another tip is to use obscure DC knowledge and add another word. My HL villain is Odyms Traitor, Odym being the Blue Lantern home world.

A bit of originality goes a long way.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No... It shows that pretty much all the names are taken.

How long will you try to create a name for your toon??

An hour??? Two hours?? 4 hours?

After a while of trying various names... you give up and pick the name you want and add XXX into it.
    • Like x 1