Ever since we can share skill points....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zim, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Green Lantern New Player

It made me want to play my alt actually.
  2. Fruity Reaper New Player

Ditto it has now given me 3 legitimate top end chars so whatever role we need I have...keep up with these improvements devs...

The downside is that the villain pug scene has got suspiciously worse all of a sudden ;)
  3. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Why
  4. Feenicks New Player

Because I believe each alt should earn it's own skill points.
  5. Kristyana New Player

I find myself playing my alts more now as a result of it, actually.

The reason is that my main ended up getting so far ahead of my alts in skill points that I just shelved them on the back burner for most of the time, and everytime I was on them, my mentality wasn't to simply "play and have fun" but it was all about progression either with marks or skill points to make my character "catch up." It wasn't a fund mindset to play from.

Now with that mentality gone, I enjoy being able to keep all of the toons I play at the same level so I can switch them out as needed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime New Player

I dont play my alt as much as my main, but i think its more fun now. I dont feel weak as i did before i dipped into the SP. I use it more now just as a troll. I run my raids and thats it. I like it because i dont have to change powers on my main anymore. Can easily keep 2 to 3 toons going for now. When T6 comes out we will see. They might be on the back burner til my main gets geaered up.
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The priceless gain is in being able to have one of each power type and to be able to compare, rate, and monitor changes to their powersets as the game continues to expand. You'll be able to more readily observe why certain power types struggle at the same function that other power types don't, IE: Earth dps.

I've had something in the range of 32 alts over the years and nuked most of them over time for various reasons. Because of armories (albeit overpriced), and SP unlocks i've been slowly rebuilding my alt army so I have one of each. Just finished raising up a mental character and am now going back to finally see what Celestial is all about. The SP gains from my main are worth the price, and my ability to adapt to each power and obtain that firsthand knowledge of their functions as a whole makes you appreciate the diversity, observe the flaws, and revive an awareness for balance that many people who don't play alts just won't know about other than generic and ill defined hearsay in-game.

There's also the fun factor involved in playing any random mission with your alts, knowing you don't have to grind SP. You can spend all day queueing up a medley of duty missions and grab your box rewards, or just compare how you do with each power type in content/raids.

It boils down to why you play the game. For the grind, or for fun? No matter what your choice, your grinding time. Make sure it's well spent.
  8. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

"......................"

you do know that the person that is playing the main is the same one playing the alts (you) which means that you already unlocked them?

I have some magic beans for sale, want to buy them?
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

For me I don't even play that much. However when I do its either T5 or duos with my buddy however no one LFGs for anything T4 alerts and below that only LFG for raids. I que Wayward and I may be sitting in que forever. Some of my other friends list pals aren't even on when I'm on any more. So I have more time for Leveling a new toon then I do actually gearing them up.
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

At the same time, part of the gameplay experience is acheiving these in-game goals. One can see the actual sense of progression as an individual experience in the career of their separate toons. Entirely understandable.
    • Like x 1
  11. Feenicks New Player

I do know that. But my view of this world is each alt is a unique individual. Each alt, to me, has to carve out their own place in this world.
  12. Feenicks New Player

My point exactly.