Event

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by tinoman, Oct 8, 2018.

1. tinoman Dedicated Player

Okay so past week I’ve been doing event on about 8 characters 2 of them are right at level 10. So it’s really easy for above level 30s after crystal phases. But I’ve noticed on level 10s that after the last crystal phase klarion puts a defense buff on and takes forever to kill. I blind que so I’m assuming the other characters I’m paired with are level 10s as well. Can anyone concur? This is not a nerf thread for trolls. Edit: I don’t know if other threads were made about this subject.
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

When Klarion summons the power of Tala (after the 2nd set of crystals are placed), a large jar gets placed somewhere in the room. Someone needs to pick this up and walk around with it to suck up all the ghosts. Klarion gets a shield proportional to the number of ghosts in the arena. When you have access more abilities, its possible to burn the ghosts down instead of trapping them.

Also, the jar fills up after some time, so you will need to empty it. The person with the jar should be able to see an arrow pointing to where you need to empty it.
  3. tinoman Dedicated Player

Several times I walked around filling it up and the defense buff never comes off of him.
  4. Kestral Committed Player

Your group might have been focusing on the adds and not Klarion. The only person who needs to pay attention to the ghosts is the one with the jar to get rid of them.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I run a few low level toons for extra marks and can concur that the post 2nd crystal phase (Tala phase) is way harder on a group of low levels than it is on higher level toons regardless of the buff/nerf to 34. Even if you are using the magical magnet correctly, the adds can get overwhelming and someone can drop...once someone goes down the likelyhood of a wipe is greater....Klarion's defense buff cuts the damage low enough that the phase takes a longer time than should be needed in a seasonal....again, assuming a group of lowbies. I've never seen any real issue(other than the occasional 'I'll just stand here and watch you guys' player) if I'm running on one of my high level toons. Tala phase is a bit slower then...just not as overwhelming with the adds and defense buff....and we don't normally even grab the magnet...just power through him.

Reinheld
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As Kestral said, the only one focusing on the Adds should be the one carrying the Jar, everyone else should be targeting the Emo Pilgrim
    Also need to remember, someone needs to continue healing (if there is a healer in the group) and buffing and the usual group stuff, otherwise use your Soda (and everything else you can think of)

It's damn tough, butt doable, if everyone knows what they are doing, and actually do it!
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again....this is referring to a group of low end players...yes, if there is a healer...even a mediocre one, it's much more doable. That is not the case in most groups of level 10-30 players. Also, regardless of who the group is focused on, as the adds are attacking everyone and plentiful even using the magnet properly, you can get tossed around the room and killed by them. I'd take it for granted that people were locked on Klarion. Personally if i'm running on my low level sorc toon I go in with a fully loaded grand summoning and pop it when the adds come out....most of the time the watcher carries the heals long enough to get it done. I'd heal, but 90% of the time she's the primary DPS too and I do want to get out of there at some point.

Reinheld
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

We are talking about sub-30's, so shouldn't take anything for granted, least of all even knowing how to Target Lock

Have been in Events with high CR players who continue to attack EPB while he is shielded, and actually complain about his health not going down
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I never take anything for granted with noobs, other than I will have to work harder on that run....and even with some people I know are vets running on alts.

And yes....Especially in the Raven phase right before he goes into the box. Love when they drop orbitals on him right about then. Useful.

Reinheld
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Do not run this event with a Healer.
    If there is one; run like heck.
    That's all I gotta say about that.