Escaped experiment

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Does anyone know where this is within the bop open world
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Top right corner of the map. It is the weekly bounty.
    • Like x 1
  3. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Towards the bottom right of the limited area of the B.O.P. Metropolis open world, near the huge gold angels. You can't see him until you've finished Lois' clues mission and take her next mission (the weekly open world boss). You also need the Failed Experiment to finish Jimmy's mission with Scoops.
    • Like x 1
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay let's sort of make this easy... I'll assume you have at least some idea of how Metropolis is laid out? Head to the Water treatment area... Now as you get close make a LEFT turn and go to the C.A.O. Dam. You will find a console that hands you the mission AND the Meta experiment is right there as well.

Not familiar with the area? Click the link and scroll down to the map. The RED streak show s where the dam is located.

Good luck.... As bounties go he is not that bad. does not teleport you anywhere (like Synn does in Thanagar). You can use orbital strikes and sidekicks/henchmen with out spawning a ton of mob members (like the Man Bat in Chaos Gothem). Actually I have battled him like 7 times now with my alts and only had to be rezzed once.

Oh and By the Way... You can get the mission and complete it without finishing Lois's CLUE hunt. I had him taken out before I completed that on any of my alts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

Actually, near the very end of the fight I found myself teleported very high above him and fell. I was left very confused.
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Thanks everyone, I’ll go take a selfie with him so I can finish the Jimmy Olsen mission
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh **** lol Okay so some how in the 8 times I battled him yesterday I never had that happen. Well compared to some of the other stuff that recent bounties have in to drive us insane I can live with THAT. :eek: Not crazy about hearing it happens though LOL
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Yeah, it happened to me twice in my fight with him on one toon. It didn’t happen on any of my other toons so it really took me by surprise. Lol
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL yeah I was the same way when I battled Oni. I had done it a few time with no disappearing act and then POOF "Hey! What am I doing way up here?" I think it was the same sort of thing. I had done it quite a few times with nothing and then all of a sudden I was almost out of health and sitting on a roof top away from the battle..

Probably depends on where the are positioned or maybe how much damage you are putting out? First time with Oni was on my main with the highest combat Rating.. maybe I was ticking him off so POOF "BE GONE!" Only the Dev team knows for sure
  10. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Looks like he can also be found to the top right of the map as well, as others have said. I only found him down to the bottom right, previously. In either location, he's near the two gold angels under the huge archway.
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

There is no feat for this boss, is that correct? Just seems odd considering the last dozen DLCs.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

No feat for this one as far as I can tell but there will probably be one for the boss they inevitably introduce for the final bonus weekend.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Oni teleported me yesterday as soon as I used a supply drop. Total d**k move, lol.