Error 11001 (not using a proxy)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Quasi Avis, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Quasi Avis New Player

Hey,

So I've been trying to download DCUO, I got to about 60% and then this error shows up

Code:
    Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/dcuo-pc/dcuo.sha.zs/2d/d6f/47efbe4b1ee2ec31ea963a391f1bfc24478

I've looked everywhere, but everybody says to turn off the proxy server, but I am not using one.

I tried using a free VPN and surprisingly, that worked, but it was free so it had a limit, I'm not about to pay for a VPN to download DCUO.

Does anyone have a solution for this error that is unrelated to a proxy?

Thanks,
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Just because you are not using one doesn't mean that it is disabled. Ensure that all proxy server options are disabled and uncheck the auto-detect option if there is one.

Here is a link to the forum page that may help you: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/error-11001.295250/

If all else fails you can try to uninstall and reinstall again after checking on the proxy server settings.

The only other thing I can think of that would hinder downloading is your Internet Security Settings: ensure that all browsers and launchers are not running then go to your internet security options (click the advanced button/tab ) and uncheck the "Check Server Revocation Certificates" and check the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"
  3. Quasi Avis New Player

I went in the Internet Options and made sure the proxy server and auto-detect options were unchecked,
    I also tried unchecking "Check Server Recovation Certificates" and checking "Do not save encrypted pages to disk", but it's still not working.

At this point I'm just hoping it resolves itself over night, like in the thread you linked in your reply, otherwise I'm giving up, thanks anyway.
  4. Jinxei New Player

I am having the same exact issue. No proxy, followed all steps in the linked article, completely uninstalled the Steam and Daybreak client versions and attempted to reinstall. Both have the same issue. Spent all night researching this error and it seems to be a consistent issue with no real resolution. ):
  5. Redness New Player

Having the same issue, tried everything recommended, even reinstalled it. Was working a few weeks ago just fine.