Equipment Mod Exchange Kits are not working..

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by KageFighter, Nov 18, 2017.

1. KageFighter New Player

I am trying to exchange an equipment mod, but it is not working. Before this update, it worked just fine. Could you please look into this.

Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What mod are you trying to exchange?
  3. KageFighter New Player

New Justice Underground (Latest one)
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think it was only intended for you to use the exchange kits on mods from prerevamp. The premise being they gave you 20 exchange kits for free if you changed your power or played with combo powers (exchange precision mods for might mods).
    • Like x 2
  5. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I was having the same trouble with special forces mods. I changed a few out, and then two minutes later ran into a problem changing one out.
    I couldn't figure it out.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it was the exact same mod, it can only be exchanged once.
    • Like x 3
  7. KageFighter New Player

I think you may be right.
  8. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

they were different mods
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Does that may say "Account Bound"?
  10. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

no... its just another thing in game that is broken.

Besides, I do not have the ability to craft mods and then make them account bound.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you use an exchange kit on an equipment mod it becomes account bound and you can no longer exchange it for a different mod.
    • Like x 1
  12. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

I can confirm this post is legit same thing is happening to me.
  13. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I crafted the mods myself.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That has no bearing on anything I tried to explain. Let me give you an example:
    I crafted a Precision VIII Mod. I can trade it, put it on the broker or set it in my gear. If I use an exchange kit to convert it to a Might (or Resto or Vit or Health or Dom etc) VIII Mod it becomes Account Bound and I can only trade it to my other toons and I can never use another exchange kit on it. It is stuck that way permanently. I'm assuming you are either trying to exchange a mod you have already exchanged OR you are trying to exchange a mod from a post-revamp episode OR you are using a Prefab Exchange Kit on a non Prefab Mod... so which is it?
  15. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

None of the above. I was trying to exchange a mod that I crafted myself and I did not previously exchange. I simply removed it from my gear after a couple of months of running content and attempted to exchange it.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is. How am I not making myself clear enough?
    Also, where is one of the green names? I believe they should be addressing this issue. I do not need anyone to attempt to sweep it under the rug as if I do not understand the game. I need someone with authority to address and fix the problems.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The disconnect is you appear to be the only one having this issue with the Special Forces Mod. Later tonight I'll attempt to exchange some Special Forces mods on my tank.
  17. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

Seems to me that the disconnect is that you are only reading my posts on this thread. If you read others, you will see that they too have issues with mods.
    I never came specifically to you for an answer. Your answer appears to be more and more irrelevant to the issues at hand the more you speak.
    It seems that these issues need to be addressed by someone with authority, instead of someone who is continuing to be condescending.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not trying to be condescending. I'm just confused why the exchange kits are not working for you but are working for others. I successfully exchanged a Special Forces Mod, there were no issues.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215388248356512&id=1145827725
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

Is the mod currently in your gear? Or did you use a special forces mod kit to remove it and now you’re trying to exchange it from your inventory?

I get you’re frustrated, but we’re trying to help! If you want a specific person to answer, then you could send them a private message. Posting on an open forum is bound to get open responses. :)
  20. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Having the same issue with Special Forces Mods. It worked successfully on 2 Precision & Health Special Forces Mods (Chest and Legs) but wouldn't work on the Precision & Power Special Forces Mod. (Shoulders). All gear was from the same set (Riddler). For all of them I was trying to remove a mod from socketed gear, worked on 2/3 pieces of gear. Does seem bugged.