Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*gasp*

How DARE they use a Batcave map for a mission set in the Batcave!

:rolleyes: :D
    • Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

To be honest, DC stories constantly use the same locations over and over again. It’s not something new or unique to this game - if anything, it’s another level of immersion.

The ones that would bother me are those characters tied to certain locations as part of their identity.

We shouldn’t have another Darkseid episode without Apokolips.

An Adam Strange episode needs to have Rann.

A Legion episode needs 31st century Metro.

But a run of the mill event story like Metal? That’s any and everywhere
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I can't blame them for re using maps. This is a super hero game. Batman stories take place in Gotham, Superman in Metropolis, WW is usually globe trotting etc.

Ideally I would like them to just completely revamp Gotham and Metropolis. Pull a Cataclysm if you will. Get rid of the bottles and put a new story line int he open world. Have open world even kind of like destiny where certain places have you holding nodes etc. I'd honestly take the L and have a 2 DLC year to have this implemented.

Imagine Caesars forum is fixed now or MIdtown metropolis is no longer ravaged by war. I'm sure they would do a lot more if they could.
  4. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

*gasp*

Maybe pick a part of the story that's not set in the Batcave so we don't have to see it for the 100th time
    • Like x 2
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

They could have atleast used a different boss. That A.R.C. is the WORST part of the alert. Period
    • Like x 5
  6. Raven Roth Committed Player

Was a perfect chance to bring Dawnbreaker in the alert and they missed it
    • Like x 1
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im almost positive we will see the rest at a later time. I hope hes in the Duo though in the upcoming DLC.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Something like that might take more than losing one Episode in a year, though. Making the existing maps of Gotham and Metro may very well have taken a large chunk of the initial development time of the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would say that the rising costs and high prices of vendor gear
    and the overpriced stuff getting added makes it a tedious grind
    (wich adds to the repetitive feeling of wasting way to much time)