Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are arguing against your own point. The main complaint with THIS DLC is we got the worst parts of both of your options. We had a 6 month content drought only to get a largely recycled DLC. If you added that 3rd option of Episodes coming out at a slow rate AND use repetitive and recycled, would anyone choose that option? Would you? Now you can argue that the 6 month span was to accommodate the switch roll-out, but that does not really benefit most of the users who were here already (or the apparently very low pop switch community for that matter).

I tend to agree with your 2-3 dollars worth of entertainment analysis (although in my case it's less than $1 a day) and yeah....I have enough to do that I'm getting some entertainment for my investment....of course as JLD was 'done' for most in the first few months of release....and most of this episode can be enjoyed as a premium/F2P you could argue you'd get about as much entertainment for 0$ a day for the last 5 months if stopped subbing.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  2. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I thought that the reason that JLD was six months, was because they were working on both Metal 1 and Metal 2? Metal 2 is coming in December, so if we split JLD, Metal 1, and Metal 2 evenly... we have three episodes in nine months. That feels like the first option of "faster release, more recycled resources."

The new Frozen and Overgrown Gotham maps look like they took a long time to make. JLD's six months also had summer in it, a popular season for people to go on vacation and take breaks.

HOWEVER, since we don't know what Metal 2 has, we don't know how much new created content/resources have been worked on... so I'll concede to your first paragraph's point... for now. We'll see in December. ^_^
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed on the "we'll see" part. It could be argued that a content drought mid summer, when nothing is going on in the game(summer seasonal is pretty un-loved) then having 2 DLCS launched during what is the busiest part of the year for the game (Fall seasonal, X-mas seasonal, Anniversary Event, St.Pats) is another thing to discuss, but yeah....that's another conversation.

I'm sure if they crush it with Metal 2 all will be forgotten. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed.

Reinheld
  4. Minie Well-Known Player

Part 2 should be good for sure if not decent. If what you say is true, there has been possibly 6+ months of development time put into it alone since part 1 barely took any real effort, based off of what we've seen.

I think this part 1 was just something to hold us off until part 2 , kind of like annappetizer of chips before your actual meal is delivered, that's the only logically explanation I can think of why part 1 was so rushed.

Call me naive, but I believe the dev team will pull through and deliver some quality content the second time around.
    Hopefully we don't get a second appetizer of chips after we've been waiting for an actual meal all night :D
  5. Awsome Well-Known Player

I really wasn't taking it personal, but no one ever defends Michigan, so I felt I had to step up. But for sure, everything east of I-75 is indefensible.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's more like we think we have found a structure that most players like. We are open to suggestions of what to cut or add.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Atlantis was a stupid-high bar we...maybe shouldn't have set? Heh. But Switch was a reality, and we tried to do a few things differently this DLC which have had varying success (it looks like). Metal 2 will be here fast and then we're off into 2020, keeping all of this feedback in mind.
    • Like x 5
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Ditch one of the weekly counter missions (subjectively, they suck anyway) take those 8 marks

Put 2 marks in the solo duo each day instead of 1 (7 extra marks per week) - makes these more rewarding

Create an 'Elite Alert' with a weekly lock out that rewards you with 1 extra mark and a nominal sum of renown when run, when run it loot locks the regular and elite versions (elite for the week, regular for that day).

Same amount of marks, more rewarding content. ;)
    • Like x 16
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Elite versions of the alerts that will offer up about 150-200 renown total for completing it (split as necessary among the bosses.... e.g., 40/40/70 or 50/50/100... or just a single token for having completed the entire instance)... and no roleless buffs.
    • Like x 4
  10. Awsome Well-Known Player

I (surprisingly) like this idea... like, a lot.
    not sure the feasibility of making a weekly alert that locks the daily, but if doable, it would be cool.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Pretty sure I remember that being the way it worked with Desecrated Cathedral Elite and Phantom Zone elite for a while, could be wrong though.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

THIS! I agree 100% on this. Keep the Elite alert locked once a week, including the daily alert for that day, then for the rest of the week, the alert regular is unlocked daily as it is now. Also, please consider adding an extra mark to the duo. Maybe instead of having 3 weekly missions, have two weekly missions and like Proxy said, add the other few marks to one or TWO of the duos, and have the alert drop 4 marks instead of 3. (1/1/2) or (2/2) depending on how many bosses are in the alert.

Again, I HIGHLY suggest having an elite alert that really tests your skill. I also like the idea of having 2 duos instead of an alert, or maybe 2 duos AND an alert and 2 raids. People like duos, including myself.
    • Like x 1
  13. Awsome Well-Known Player

I think (judging by a lot of people's comments) its not that the structure is bad. Its that it seems to be the same cookie cutter method, while many QoL issues continue to get ignored. Then, when a DLC comes out that mostly re-uses old maps and bosses on top of it all, it makes many players a bit upset.

Personally, I don't mind re-using maps, re-using bosses, etc., as long as many QoL items start to get resolved. But if Daybreak is going to continue to ignore this stuff, then putting out a cookie cutter dlc that (for the most part) just reuses old content, then you are going to get complaints.

Others can comment, and correct me if I'm wrong.
    • Like x 2
  14. Wildcat Committed Player

Ill be nice to see some "forgotten" characters/stories/places from dcuo - The Question, Martian, Wildcat, Batgirl, Cap Atom and many more

Green Lantarn Sinestro?

Do we need to fight with the BIG guys all the time?

If we can't get any new map, it ll be nice to visit (a little bigger) Central City at night - with CC Flash enemies doing some stuff

People are tired of all the same npc's, maps and instances.
    The only reason now to visit the same old instances, maps etc should be a time travel DLC.

Can we have a part of Star City, Fawcett City etc slimmilar to Central City or bigger?
    Blüdhaven before Chemo destruction etc.

We need something fresh...

...and please no more robots. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Adding to what Proxy said (cause I agree with all of it), do a few things t make the dailies less tedious. Some overlap would be nice, like have the guys guarding the metal boxes be metal people so it counts for 218, same with the inmates or Tspheres ...they could be metal inmates vs normal ones or metal ice/plant guys. Also, why the 2nd contact on the officer daily? Can't the 1st officer just give us the mission and we warp to where it is....why the 2nd button press that means I can't just jump right into doing things? Same with Hal and the weekly? He could probably handle giving us the mission without needing us to then go grab a scoop of cornflakes out of the bucket next to him....which I know more than a few have forgotten then had to double back. A lot less tedium would go a long way to making seem to move along faster.

If you were not looking to remove the 2nd count mission in favor of redistributing marks as suggested, what about making the portals like the motes, where proximity will count for pickup? This would solve the complaint about people 'stealing' your rift while fighting and make it go smoother (this set of outdoor missions is 'touch the cog' heavy already).

Just so you know it's not all criticism, the raid boss fights seem very enjoyable and are reasonably challenging. My opinion, but they are the best part of the action here.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd vote Last boss only....Otherwise I'd guess we'll see a lot of 1st boss or 2nd boss...leave, reset....people, like the 'tough' elite raids.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Not to mention, it would also be very alt friendly for those who like to main more than one toon and doesnt have enough time in the day to set down for two more elite raids.
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

I personally do not like the Counter Missions with a bunch of adds those get so old, my reason for hating it the most so many people just leech, there is no team work when they just sit in a group high in the air and do nothing.

I really liked the relics 100 and the 54 Motes, those were more fun and easy enough to do by yourself throughout the week. Bounties, needing groups I don't mind but the 300+ adds I wish you would all break away from for weeklies or think of something more fun.

Or make a solo more fun or duo with More marks and do away with counter missions as "ProxtStar Mentioned"
    • Like x 3
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

My question is how is content rewarding if u can't finish it? U have way to many players that get kicked at last boss or dc or can't do it because of other reasons. Maybe they got disconnected maybe mom said hey u been on that to long son!! I'm saying why are we still on this mark system for gear still? U have content that bugs out it could happen at the last boss. Than what ur stuck running that again all of it. It's just unfair u have to start working on something worth our time or nobody will run raids anymore. Would like to see a new system in 2020 for gear progression. fair to the player and the time played. The ep open world should be for grinding on adds and bosses for exp. The content on que should be grinding for more exp/marks for styles for that content. The adds in open world should be ranked not combat rated. Everyone should be able to get reg gear and op gear and elite just by koing adds and bosses. We do more of that than we beat content. So work on making each gear have a rank bar plz
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

If the metal guys in the solo would count, I think the ratios would be a lot more reasonable. You just don't get enough running the outdoor dailies to hit 218.
    • Like x 3