Episode Spotlight: Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks Charon for confirming what 90% of us already knew.
  2. Vulpar Well-Known Player

90% of the population knew it was fast burn and not orbitals? Wow... I must be living under a rock. Never once seen people claiming that.
    • Like x 3
  3. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Thank you for responding!
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice splitting hairs there. Other than a co-ordinated SC blast, I'd doubt you'd be able to fast burn enough for many teeth. He definitely said orbitals going off too close to each other is a cause for 'fast burn'. It would be an interesting experiment I suppose to see if a group using NO orbitals but hitting all at once with some big hitter SCs could also cause teeth, but I doubt that will happen unless you can get a small group phase together to keep anyone from using orbitals.

BTW....if you are not using an orbital for the 'fast burn', why use it? The pretty colors and shapes? Guess that's good too.

EDIT: As we are way off topic, and Charon has already answered, I'll step away now. Thanks for the lively discussion though.
  5. Miserable Dedicated Player

It's obvious you didn't know exactly how the mechanic works. Not sure why it's so hard for you to admit that.
  6. Whazues Well-Known Player

the episode spotlight is cool and all but after 2 days now i'm having an issue with the game constantly closing on me barely a minute of being logged into one of my toons and it happens everytime i take a single step with it and bam forced exit from the game. so am I the only one having that problem or are there others having the same issue? and im talking about on my PC Account so i'm not able to play today if i am being forced out of the game for some unknown reason every minute i try to do something like open inventory, move my character, queue for a solo, duo, 4 player or 8 player. i dont if its some weird issue in the game or if it's on my end and if its on my end i can't fix it because i'm not a technician or programmer im just a gamer whom has to babysit my niece and nephews and other skills that dont involve programming nor computer repair.
  7. Whazues Well-Known Player

well i was in a burn yesterday but the group was wiped out by the hydra during the second round of teeth and the time ended up running out by the time the 3rd round of teeth were spawned in so as i see it each burn is different
  8. Whazues Well-Known Player

i was starting to grind for those forge steel's as well but today i am unable to since the game is constantly kicking me all the way out of it for some unkown reason
  9. Eve YouTuber

haven't had any issues. I'm PC though.
  10. HE MANofGRAYSKULL New Player

ok uuummm I am just wondering if the Devs made it possible for villains to enter Police stations and Watchtower and Heroes to night clubs and Hall of Doom because there are villains with low cr stats in Watchtower kicking asscots and not even taking a scratch, saw a couple of heroes in hall of doom but they were just chillin not botherin anything ?
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, guess I'm not done being off topic here....

Here, I'll add back in the part of Charon's post you omitted to skew the topic.
    So while Fast burn can come from other sources, it definitely comes from Orbitals.

So, yeah, I'll admit it's not exactly only orbitals, but just like a car is not a 'reason' for the car crash....it's somehow always involved in one....hence the fact it's a CAR crash. If the main way to bring enough burn in a short period is to use 2 or 3 orbitals in quick succession, then yeah...it's still the orbitals. I'm sure one day when we are CR 600, 1 punch will lead to the teeth coming out....but as of now, and definitely when WV was current, that was not an option...orbitals however were, and still are.

Like I said, it would be fun experiment to see if 2 or 3 supers could bring out the teeth without anyone putting down an orbital as well.
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

I forgot one can't buy the high gear set if you are not a member and then I lost interest in this lol
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can buy any gear member or not. You cannot buy Elite gear without the Elite renown, but that you cannot buy even if you are a member, if you have not earned the renown. It's true that while WV was the 'current' DLC, the reg vendor and Elite gear were both 'off limits' from the non member/owner, but A) that's not true anymore (open eps) and B) won't be true of future episodes as they are all going full 'free' now.

BTW, if you still need to complete the gear set(for the feat), I'd say accumulate the marks now and hold off a few weeks/month till the next DLC drops. The price will drop from about 500 marks to 104 with the conversion to source, and the drop gear from Flashpoint will be better than WV vendor gear after just a few days of running things.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've been trying to tell people this for so long. Orbitals are fine, just stagger them throughout the fight. I appreciate you providing the official word for reference! :)

Didn't know about the cooldown on Terra though. Damn, that woulda been helpful back then, lol.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You're correct but the answer isn't "no orbitals". It's "stagger the orbitals".
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As no timer is given for the 'fast burn' window, that's hard to quantify how staggered you need to make them. If staggering every 8 seconds and the window is 'within 10 seconds' welcome to a world of skeletons. Not sure what the cooldown is(seems like maybe 10-20 seconds between even the closest rounds), but I've seen 2...maybe even 3...rounds of teeth in less than a minute. That leaves it open for 10 or 15 sets of teeth through the full timer. For less than massive groups, that's a fail. BTW...not sure how you set up a proper 'staggering' of orbitals unless you are an 8 man group and the only ones down there...but good luck herding those cats.

Hey, I really have no dog in this fight. I've got 5 accounts with all 50 done, and as of this spotlight I should have everyone I care to get to 999 coins there. I doubt I'll spend much more time participating in this fight. I just find it funny that when you go down there with like 40 people but they all light it up at the same time with orbitals (like when the fight just starts), you get less teeth(like 1 or 2 rounds) than when 10 or 12 people go down on a regular week, 'stagger' them close enough and you get 6 or 7 rounds of teeth and end up in a fail, most of the time people just leave as there are 30+ skeletons around....try again in 30 I guess.

Meanwhile, when other 'small' groups use none...or fire off only in unison, Hydra burns pretty well you get a single round of teeth at some point and if it's a fail, it's close. BTW...if it's close, that's where having 5 or 6 orbitals ready to go can actually make a difference and win the fight...too bad everyone is on cooldown having used them over the last 3-5 minutes.

BTW. I never said you couldn't use orbitals. I always use mine, but I only use it after the teeth timer is up. If everyone did that, you'd get 1 or maybe 2 rounds of teeth, so manageable numbers.
  17. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

I just use my orbital whenever it’s not on cool down. Deal with it.
  18. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

New Hydra myth: Don’t use supercharged powers it spawns skeletons.

PS: I was correcting people saying don’t use orbitals, it’s the burn that causes Spartoi many times because it was in the forums.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The good news is that with the spotlight, there have been enough people down there that it hasn't mattered that much....the bad news is that as of Thursday things will return to normal and failures will be abundant. Either way...good luck to all.
  20. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

Na ill do what I want, don't need lil Green Arrow talking like a big super hero. Lol get off my comments you snowflake.