Episode Spotlight: Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: WONDERVERSE!

Head back to Wonderverse this week for double rewards!

This week – from Thursday, June 24, 2021, through Wednesday, June 30, 2021 – players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Splintered Coins and Empyrean Aether when completing instanced or mission content in Wonderverse.
    • 50% discount on Wonderverse gear at vendors.
    Splintered Coins are used primarily to purchase gear and rewards from the Wonderverse vendors. Characters must be combat rating 299 or higher to play the episode and participate in the bonus week.

PLEASE NOTE: The episode spotlight will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday.

PLEASE NOTE #2: Use that new Phase UI to find the best phase and fight for you in the open world.
    • Like x 8
  2. Eve YouTuber

Thank you thank you thank you. I really needed this to finish upgrading my Athena Helm!! <3
    • Like x 1
  3. Kurama Active Player

:c
    • Like x 1
  4. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

A week of spamming...fun!
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Nice finally finishing some Wonderverse feats
    • Like x 1
  6. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

7. Rorrigam Active Player

Coolest thing is that people can decide if they want to participate or not in this kind of stuff
    • Like x 3
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Most people won't have more than 1 or 2 toons over 299 so it's not like they'll have a ton of alts to work thru Patchwork Themyscira. The new Phase Shifter UI will help get bounties done quicker. Players with higher CR will burn Wonderverse content quickly now. And if you haven't gotten most of the Wonderverse feats by now not sure what to say there? This week will be less grinding than this last week and grinding is what MMOs are all about. If they didn't give us another Wonderverse bonus week I'd imagine there'd be more complaining we didn't than those who didn't want.
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I wish WV wasn't *barely* out of relevance for endgame players. This feels a bit too soon to me, and I would have rather seen something else like Death of Superman or another (please?) Raid the Universe type thing.

If anyone missed it though, it was a pretty cool DLC. And I do hope people take advantage of the bonus, Crypt and God Sphere are excellent instances IMO.

(not trying to whine or complain that every bonus should apply to me, just my opinion)
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Maybe people will be down for FGSE without disbanding after one attempt at Grail.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Eh...get those Splintered coins to 999 and maybe bring a few alts up into 300-331 range to stack some extra marks for later.

I'd guess it would be a good week to finish any bounty counts you might need too (not you....but the royal 'you'...as in everyone). Except Hydra...God knows people will still orbital their way to a failure on that 9 times out of 10.
    • Like x 1
  12. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

Like I said "fun"
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Hey you can sit this one out if you want?
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I have 10 toons at 335+. What I meant was that it had been in relevance all through Legion and it seems like it wasn't that long ago. That said, it was a great episode and I hope people enjoy it.
  15. Vulpar Well-Known Player

I've never seen evidence that orbitals affect spartoi spawning or teeth at all.

If a dev wants to correct one of us and settle the matter, that would be great.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Then you sir are not observant. As the full timer can either end up having something like 8 rounds of teeth, or I've seen as low as 1 round of teeth, what praytell do you believe the difference is? Amount of people?...no, when WV was fully populated, we'd have groups with way more people and get less teeth. Amount of burn?...no, I've seen fail groups where we get excessive rounds of teeth and Hydra never gets past 20% down, conversely, some successful groups she's burnt in 2 or so min and you might get only 2 or 3 rounds of teeth.

I guess it's random in your opinion? Could be I suppose, but I suppose Terra can do her big attack in HIVE raid ALSO only by coincidence vs being triggered by orbitals. Not sure why so many people can't believe they'd use the same mechanics again.

I guess a better question is...at the level of burn many endgame players can put out...do you really believe your orbital is SOOOOO strong that IF it's triggering teeth, it's worth using as teeth will either mean people will need to A) pick them up, B) deal with the skeletons or C) deal with people knocked out by skeletons? All 3 mean less burn for a few seconds, maybe much more if someone is knocked out and forced to flee.

So how about next time, try an experiment, don't use your orbital unless the teeth are actually up. Dropping one WHILE the teeth are active will not spawn more teeth, so go ahead and drop one during the timers....or don't. Assuming you are right, it won't matter as there will be plenty of chance to use it. If you are wrong, well...yea....less teeth.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Dev to answer. It's doubtful they would ever give away mechanics of a fight, even one so obvious as this is.
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

Too bad they didn't updated the Athena helm to work like the Legion omnipotence googles :(
  18. Vulpar Well-Known Player

I don't drop orbitals during that fight (or basically any fight, actually). My observation is that with a mechanic that definitely DOES react to orbitals (Terra) the reaction is immediate and obvious. With Hydra, I watched whether an orbital had been dropped at any point before teeth came out. When someone dropped an orbital, there was almost never a set of teeth following it. When a set of teeth came out there was almost never an orbital dropped before it. ('Almost' because I can't remember any times either happened but I'm not 100% sure it NEVER EVER happened.)

Edit: Oh, and if a dev sees this. It's been several episodes. The community has had time to figure this out on our own and yet the debate is not truly resolved. Throw us a bone. Thanks.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll throw you a Hydra tooth and a gaggle of Spartoi.

The mechanic is based on fast burn will cause the hydra to react "you knocked out a tooth you hit him so hard" kinda thing. Orbitals can cause fast burn if used too close together since they do percent damage and bypass NPC defense. Fast burn can come from many variables but orbitals do speed it along. It is not a Terra mechanic which is blatant - as soon as you use it, she gets mad and counters it and has a cool down before she'll do it again so then you want to coordinate multiples at once after the initial one lures her reaction and triggers a cool down period until she'll do it again.
    • Like x 9
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Told you. So yes...it won't happen with 1 orbital. It won't happen MORE if you drop 20 at once (we get 1 round of teeth for the 1 massive drop). So either don't drop them until teeth are up (like maybe 2 or 3 people SC at the same time) or drop them all at once and deal with the 1 or maybe 2 rounds of teeth. Staggering them out constantly over the fight means way more teeth, likely almost as soon as the cooldown is ready. Which is what most of us already knew.