Episode Spotlight: Justice League Dark

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 25, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK!

Do you believe in magic? You do this week! Currency rewards are doubled and gear costs are halved this week in Justice League Dark!

This week – from Thursday, May 26, 2022, through Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced or mission content in Justice League Dark.
    • 50% discount on Justice League Dark gear at vendors.
    Source Marks are used primarily to purchase gear and rewards from Justice League Dark and other episode vendors.

PLEASE NOTE: The episode spotlight will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday.
    • Like x 7
  2. Trended Active Player

I just feel this is absolutely pointless with omnibus now as farming fos3 we still give more rewards (source marks) so it doesn't increase incentive to run it. At least give 2x renown
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

What a bummer. Can't believe these will be a regular thing going forward. Smh.
  4. Eve YouTuber

That's nice. One of my favorite episodes!
    • Like x 3
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm really shocked there's no 2x death metal currency. Every single episode since I've been playing there was always 2x (current episode currency) around the 1 month mark (4th or 5th week) since episode release. Guess they are trying to stretch this one out longer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

The House of Mystery part in the raid is one of my fave maps
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

Same!
    • Like x 1
  8. Randarch Active Player

Not that one needs an excuse to play JLD again, but THANKS!
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

oh, cool. I liked JLD.
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I want that vaulted ceiling in my lair.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Uh...double source marks is always nice.
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm sure there's at least a handful of feats that I need in those raids and it'll be easier to form a group.

It really is a weak bonus though.

Ideas...

Triple to 5x source marks...

Stabilizer fragments from bosses...

Special kinds of buff consumables in bonus locations...

Cold hard cash...

New hidden bosses that drop any of the above...

There just needs to be a little more incentive to be there, me thinks.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The devs arent doing 2x bounus currency just because they feel like "this will make them happy". Its a tactical tool to bring back players that quit during early episode lifespan or to motivate continuously playing people to keep going.

With Elite+ being released recently, most players got more motivation by default, so this isnt needed. At least not right now. In about 2 weeks i can see many players getting bored even of Elite+. They will drop bonus currency then.
    I like the way they artificially stretch content since we all know that Dcuo players have no self control when it comes to content. :p
  14. Batladin New Player

If this is a Joke, I'm not laughing. (Again)
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I usually hate demons and witchcraft stuff, but this dlc is probably my favorite in the last five years
  16. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Neat for those who still need the vendor gear styles.

Tho how about a discount on the other styles in the DLC vendors? Things like the Auras, Hair Styles, Materials, and Trinkets? Most of those award feats just as the discounted gear does, and with each vendor having several items that cost 150-200 Source Marks a pop adding a discount on those styles for the players who just want those styles for the feats would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  17. Adgtheone New Player

Define "mission content."
  18. Eve YouTuber

Open world missions
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

2x renown or an ease up on the clamp (like +5 CR diff), something to actually incentivize running the content over easier/faster stuff. Metal2 worked out IF you wanted DME, but that's because people run that a lot for the Robins. I'd guess the JLD alert will be hopping for the + marks on top of the pet drop....but the marks alone? Meh...as you said, running FOS3/DD is more efficient.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Episode Spotlights aren't for players that are here all the time, but for players that need to catchup. Hence, spotlight. It includes vendor prices of the gear being halved.

The weekly bonuses are intended as something for players to have each week. Sometimes it's a big event, like triple new episode currency or double XP when fortifying artifacts. Sometimes it's something small, like spotlights on a dlc or 10x LPvE. Some players will not want to benefit from it, so it's not a big deal.

I actually like the bonuses each week, it's the weeks we have nothing that I'm a little sad. (Like when the DLC launches.)
    • Like x 4