Episode Spotlight: Justice League Dark!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avelox Active Player

Yeah, when I read the message I interpreted it as being a somewhat rushed plan. Going forward they may resolve it to include a wider player base. Bringing back the event version or unlocking the episode for the week would solve some of that. If next time they try this they haven't adding anything more to the week then I'd agree fully.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Admittedly, this week was a stretch because we didn't have an amazing week lined up. Love the bigger ideas, though, and love that folks are warming up to forced stat clamping.
    • Like x 3
  3. Elda Mad as a Hatter

cr boost in dlc zones absolutely ruins pvp in that area. screws with your power gen and makes you suddenly run out of power.

also, JLD episode for us is completely useless, as is Titans etc. once you hit a certain point the only thing worth running is your current episode, the last episode, and that's it.

Should be some incentive to run old stuff, would make queues for players grinding their cr up significantly easier.

AND why does elite share the loot lock with reg?
  4. smlaude Active Player

please don't force stat clamping
    • Like x 5
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If by stat clamping you mean: raising or lowering the CR level of players to be relevant to the content being played for the bonus or "featured" content, then absolutely.

For regular content runs, for example, I would disagree with stat clamping due to often times lower people requesting higher people to help get specific feats. But if you plan to "feature" certain dlcs in the future, yes to raising/lowering CR.
  6. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

a million times this^^^
    • Like x 3
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

...let's not get any crazy ideas, here. I mean, if you want to level some content for limited periods as a highlight so that they're earning the standard, base-level rewards...have at it. "Clamp yourself for a few source marks? Y/N". But if we go all crazy with new currencies or clamped-specific styles/rewards/feats for running clamped content, you can just go right ahead and throw that in the garbage right now, LOL. Someone wants to knock themselves against a wall for source marks for catalysts or vendor styles? Go ahead. I put my time in DWF and Paradox when it was new, I'll be damned if I have to run that for more feats, LOL.
    • Like x 5
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Sick burn from Mepps with the stat clamping comment.

The response to this bonus week in this thread is completely over the top.

Remember how up until a couple of months ago there was a whole decade where every week wasn’t a bonus week, people. And then put the outrage and disgust present in this thread against that background.

It’s no wonder the genuine player grievances get lost amongst all this childish, entitled garbage about nothing.
    • Like x 3
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I am telling myself this is sarcasm. Small comforts.

Just in case it's not sarcasm:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. StarLost New Player

I'm a bona fide new player, one of the apparent target demographics for this bonus week so let me give me thoughts here.
    As it stands...please don't?

I really think this is an okay idea executed poorly. And it's timing/execution has very, very poor optics. Let me explain:

Unfortunately, this comes over as 'maybe inspire some people to pay for a boost'. Making bonus week accessible exclusively to such a specific CR range, conveniently lined up with the boost doesn't smell right.

Ordinarily, I'd say 'meh, it's just a sale with an associated bonus' but to do this in a period of bonus weeks specifically meant for people staying at home during the quarantine feels like you are trying to extort money out of people currently under a lot of financial pressure.
    Again...very poor optics.
    But newer players aren't going to be able to access this without spending money on a boost that we never planned to. I really didn't want to purchase a boost. I wanted to enjoy going through the game and seeing all the content with my wife.

Now we feel under pressure to pay the price of a decent indie game to skip it all, if we want to take advantage.
    If you didn't have the time to do this right (an event version would have made this feel a lot less like pressuring people to buy a boost) then...why do it? The previous bonus weeks were great. Rotate through those again.
    You want to do more of these? Oi vey...
    So yeah. Really enjoying your game, but I don't like this at all.
    • Like x 3
  11. StarLost New Player

Why?

The entire purpose of this game is to get great gear. Forcing players to do more and more content where that gear is negated negates this entirely.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

In the tune of that DMX song- "MEPPS GONNA GIVE IT TO YA"
    • Like x 1
  13. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Honestly I dig this idea. It's going to allow me to level up some alts much quicker. Can't wait!
  14. Tygerfyre Committed Player

You forgot the #Sarcasm On# tag. ;-) Any support for clamping is weak at best.

I do have a proposal for the stat clamping, old content, and queuing issues, since they've all come up here yet again.

Add 2 checkboxes to the queue UI. These an be used together, or not.

One is "Start NOW!" a.k.a. "do not matchmake". That one enters the instance with whatever people are in the current user's group already, down to and including going in solo. If a game mechanic requires multiple players, that's on us to get the right number of people for it. This has been proposed before, I suspect.

The other one is "Adjust CR to content" a.k.a. "Stat Clamping". Adding this would allow users who want to play the content without an overwhelming advantage to specify that when entering the queue, keeping in mind that it might further slow their queue. If you select this, you are only matched with other players who have picked it, or people who are already in the relevancy window.

However, anyone who volunteers to have their stats clamped, also then qualifies for full rewards. Got to have the carrot to go with the stick that is stat clamping.

I suspect that adding these as options on the Instance UI would help with all of the problems related to clamping, lack of relevant content for endgamers, and queue lengths, since it would tend to draw people back into that content.

It also lets the *players* decide what kind of experience they want. They can blast through Fortress with a CR300 team of 1-2 people to look for an old style, or get an old school 8-man run at relevant CR and earn a few Source Marks to apply when they get back to their normal CR300 self.

Or something in the middle, for an extra challenge. Pick both queue now, and stat clamping, and see if you can run the Batcave raid with only 6 people, for example.
    • Like x 3
  15. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

I would totally be down for clamping. I remember the "Sidekick System" of another game sadly not with us anymore ("That shalt not be named..."). It kept everything lively. So: YES! to clamping :)

@Mefromnorway: your issue is for the tech support rather ("File a Ticket"). Greetings
  16. inferno Loyal Player

I think highlighting specific episodes to "funnel" players into specific instances is a great idea. This certainly should concentrate queues and help them pop more often.

Unfortunately, as others have stated, any other toons outside of the window won't get much and probably won't participate unless feats are involved.

If this is the plan for future bonus weeks, perhaps a new type of currency can be rewarded for toons outside of the window with a new set of rewards to be purchased from a special vendor.
  17. Gromm865s Active Player

This is a fail for an award week, I've tried running an alt, (and unlocking 400+sp) at JLD content, the problem is there is so little population in that ep that it's so difficult to get any of the bounties done in open world, where I don't have time to stand for hours waiting for enough people to join in on the bounties, on duty content too. My main at end game has no reason whatsoever to run that content, with that cr relevancy and all.

Was looking for a reason to renew my sub this month, guess I'll just wait and see what the next week holds. Feel like there could have been a much better award week, I mean there was an entire thread of ideas to look at and this was what we got.
  18. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thank you for finally doing something like this.
  19. ApocalypticMan New Player

After a week of making the most of double lex coins . I'm glad this week is basically just regular for me . I played the Hell outta the game last week. Making sure all my toons got those extra marks . So I'm cool with a break . I hope stat clamping was a joke . I actually left after stat revamp a few years ago .
    • Like x 1
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you know what? it's not for me. but that's ok. the devs have handed me tons of great stuff over the past couple of months, & credit where it's due. so, this week I don't get tons of great stuff. it's ok. for those that do, good on yer, have fun.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.