Test Discussion Episode 47: Open World - Bottled D.C.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Jesk, May 10, 2024.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The TOS applies to all servers including the public test server.

From the Rules of Conduct: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231138488-What-are-the-Rules-of-Conduct-for-DCUO
    7. You may not modify any part of the DC Universe Online client, servers, or any part of the DC Universe Online website located at http://www.dcuniverseonline.com, without the express written permission of Daybreak Game Company. This includes, but is not limited to, any hardware or third party software that allows unattended game play, alters movement speed of your character, or anything other action which we determine as an unfair advantage to your character.

From the TOS: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
    7.1. While playing, streaming, or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:

Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums.

10 CHEATING
    Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s).
    • Like x 5
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

"The TOS applies to all servers including the public test server." You made a statement based on your believes there, while you doesn´t even seem to understand why those rules are made. Quoting them, doesn´t change that.

You give up rights, you gain some in the testing phase of software. Luckily the developers i met in past which seen me doing it, knew that.
    (Millbarge, JackFrost, TLantern, Mepps)

But sure, in your believes they just let it slip or didn´t care about TOS right?

I imagine you´re one of those who would try to sue them, if using the test-server would harm your system, in the believes that you would win.

Wait for a response from a developer, and don´t act like you would be one. I already gave you guys a hand in not doing it anymore or going over to PvP phase to let everyone test as they like to, but instead you still wanna spit in my face not seeing that im not the bad guy.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    Who are former Daybreak employees?
    I'll take Potent Potables for $600.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I understand that the need for troll needs to increase, but a bounty kill should not solely rely on a heal debuff when running small groups. When you get low times and many players aren't online, you have to better prepare for that, and scale for group size.

Many players don't want to run their secondary role and only want to dps. So we have to prepare for the reality of the current game mindset.
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You violate the TOS: you're a bad guy. Violating the TOS = bad. Breaking the rules = bad.

Pretending that speed-hacking and TOS-violating is just ordinary "testing" is childishly pathetic. Acting like you're doing everyone a favor by saying you'll do it in PvP is equally childish.

Everything else you say is self-serving ******** of the same sort all cheaters everywhere use to rationalize their cheating.

If you want to test honestly, test honestly. Quit conflating your TOS-breaking with testing as if testing reports are payment for getting your ya-yas off with speedhacking.

Yeah, that's not how it works. You don't get to make up your own rules in your head and claim that they're real. And this quote doesn't even make sense.
    • Like x 3
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

The only childish thing is your guys reaction.
    Meanwhile i´ve giving them feedback and reported 3-4 issues within the open world, where you guys however been useless as usual.

The bad guy does more good things, than the good guys.
  7. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

Except you've got a speed hack installed on your machine and with that fact known, it seems reasonable to suspect you probably use it on live as well.

I'm sorry but, even if you do have some good testing in between this other bad testing, your credibility is now shattered.
    • Like x 6
  8. RTX Well-Known Player

„You probably“ is not a fact or truth, but what i seen so far it‘s impossible to make that clear to people.

My credibilty is shattered in the eyes of people which doesn‘t matter to me. These people didn‘t spend their lifetime in learning how to build games, how to program, how to create 3D stuff, how to reverse engineering etc. How could they understand when referring to „software testing“ as main term for a variety of testing methods, if they never came in contact with it before.

Keep your stereotype thinking, that makes it easier for you.
  9. iLazy Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Lantern Gblue New Player

+1 on this.
    Tumbler swarms are causing huge fps drops and making big demands on CPUs. My PC fan goes into overdrive and it is not an ancient PC by any means. Combine this with the additional drain of actual players/effects on live and its going to be a pain for a lot of people. The spawn numbers could also be reduced, as completing the bounty is relatively quick with good aoe loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  11. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

12. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Introductory mission Brainiac Returns Part 2 states:

In the On Duty menu, use the Custom Play Duos tab to queue for Brainiac: Overrun Area 51 and complete it.

There does not seem to be a duo in this content at all. So please add the duo or change the text to point to the alert.

Cheers, AP
  13. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Duo is disabled at the moment, it was mentioned in the patch notes. They will likely add this by the end of the week.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, it's actually "Sundollar Coffee" when it relates to Booster Gold.
    This is from issue 40 of his 2007 run. He consistently went to Sundollar shop throughout his run, I just found this one quickly online with the original textless inks.
    [IMG][IMG]

I think when DCUO was being developed, they were not allowed to use the original name OR they didn't want to use the original name and came up with their own version. (That or it was a HUGE coincidence. lol)

Consistency sake with DCUO, since it already exists in game, "Sun Doller Coffee" is probably just easier to do, but accuracy, it's Sundollar Coffee.
    • Like x 1
  15. DocElysian Active Player

Devs - on behalf of the Switch population, I am begging you to either release a different version or rethink this bounty entirely. If PC performance is not doing well, we stand absolutely no chance.
    Do me a favor, open your game on a Switch, go to SOBA open world and fight Pride and then tell me if you think this will go over well for us.
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The open world stuff is pretty basic but gets done pretty fast which is.

The overlord fight when he does his cone attack .. sometimes the ground indication marker gets covered by the grass of the uneven terrain hopefully there is a way to fix that I know there is a skull indicator as well but both indicators should be working and visible regardless.

The tumbler colony is fun but its going to be a huge issue for ps4/5 and switch probably Xbox as well.
  17. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

The colony tumbers won't stop chasing a player until the actual event ends. I was able to have them follow me well past the spawn area. Any other NPC would have either despawned or "evaded" and returned back to the area

This is in addition to the feedback that having 500 adds if not much more than that number in 1 spawn area cannot be having a positive impact on server issues and I imagine, similar to when South Gotham avatars were added in Gotham City would create so much lag that players couldn't go near the area of the map.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ryan_Ragenolds Active Player

Yea...that Tumblers Invasion mission cant hit the live server the way it is now. Its gonna be a nightmare.
  19. IonHero Committed Player

I know this will never get fixed or perhaps there is a reason but...
    The Whole Map is turned 90 degrees counter clockwise from how it should be.
    [IMG][IMG]the North in the Washington D.C. open world maps is East in Real Life.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

This is what I immediately saw:

How about use your cheats to figure out how they can detect or stop other cheaters.