Test Discussion Episode 44: Heart of Isis Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingofthebeast Active Player

I'm agreeing on the name change but not in her powers coming from same place. Her powers are different and I recommend they make isis a separate proper artifact as it's actually needed.
  2. L T Devoted Player

It seems more of a battle artifact in support role. You get a few buffs and some bonus damage.

Did it not work that way for you? That's what happened when I tested, and Trex reported the same on the first page of this feedback thread. I don't understand all the questions about Eye in this thread really.
    • Like x 2
  3. Juggurnaut Level 30

Sometimes the tank is expected to hold a group of adds away from the group indefinitely or until the group kills the boss.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Let's try to focus on the functionality of the artifact in this thread.

As to the name of the artifact, in comics and in our story (spoilers!), Isis has herself directly tapped into the powers of Shazam. We think this fits the complexity and idiosyncrasy of our DC world nicely, and like that it makes you ask questions. We may try to spell (haha) that out better in the game.
    • Like x 7
  5. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

Absolutelly, the amulet of Isis belonged to an older wizard Shazam. To get the powers the weilder has to say "I am ISIS".

And the game is a "comicbook adaptation" does not need to be precise, it has to be fun and enjoyable (and hopefully balanced).

So yeah in the dc world the artifact makes sence.

• Like x 1
  6. kingofthebeast Active Player

True but should the exception be the stardard? That scenario isn't the basis for every fight. Sometimes it's soley for feats and not standard runs. What you explain also includes a second tank usually. Don't want to have something based around an exception.
  7. kingofthebeast Active Player

Just a minor correction , that is the amulet of Hatshepsut (1975) which the amulet of isis( 1994) is based on. You're right though that dcuo is part of the multiverse and not everything is going to be abc. Thanks for sharing
    • Like x 1
  8. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Due to the Eye of the Gemini swap meta, many players may well just treat Heart of Isis as a meme artifact.

There are some fun ideas with this artifact but the combat in this game now involves too much uninteresting inventory menu-ing for other complex mechanics to be competitively viable. I worry that a lot of potential player engagement and associated profits are being left on the table.
    • Like x 2
  9. Juggurnaut Level 30

That’s fair. While that’s an exception, I thought your question was “why do people keep saying this”. Having to use the Shazam super that stuns the adds to get to the next super you actually want to use is what could cause the problem. Either way it’s trivial. I don’t think a “set of supers” is going to be useful for a tank. You would have to know the fight extremely well in order to rotate the Shazam powers in a beneficial order. Otherwise probably best just to stick with a shield or self heal. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Things I noticed while using this in tank role is the wisdom of Solomon animation (blue squiggles) stays on forever. Also the mitigation shield may have some off or the time limit is too short. I pulled 3 open world adds they each hit me once & it seemed like the shield either broke or it didn't proc b/c I didn't notice any gray numbers. I'm looking forward to H getting the pull & stun. When the ! Power is updated can it be changed to give us defense instead of health in tank role? Also with power of Zeus future update can the heal to the tank be based on resto & Dom or a direct percentage of our actual health pool? Not every tank is spec for a battle role & that will increase use for that power in that role.

In dps Achilles seems to also buff pets (at least me Quislet had the animation) which would be cool for those who use brick or watcher.
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I can still use a loophole to spam Solomon and relogging would still make the power disappear on the power tray.

I'd also like to propose making Atlas and Mercury the white letters as they are the only ones that don't use SC.
    This will relieve the 2nd A to be the odd duck as in the current iteration.
    [IMG]

I'd like to point out that only on forums would people ask questions, and it's not the good kind.
    You'd want something like "oooh that's a deep cut I want to know more", here it's "Why did you make such a mistake about lore"?
    It's like saying the lasso of truth can create violet energy constructs because in the comics Wondy used the lariat in tandem with a Star Sapphire ring a few times... that is not how powers are associated.
    I can't imagine people who are familiar with either the TV version or comics 52-onwards Isis to be thrilled by this... choice.

About Isis having tapped into the powers of Shazam... Sobek is not the S in the Egyptian SHAZAM! set.
    More importantly, mixing up Greek and Roman myths is not the same as mixing with Egyptian ones.

It's also misleading to say she directly tapped into those powers in the comics.
    For context, Isis did steal the powers of SHAZAM!, which was not done with her own powers nor required her own amulet, but through the use of the Historama and channelled through a scarab necklace that used to trap Black Adam's attributes.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    To reiterate, she only gains access to the Greco-Romanian SHAZAM! through the necklace, which is based on the above design.
    I really hope you would make more effort to change the artifact's icon and description, so as to disassociate SHAZAM! from Isis with a more brand & lore-accurate presentation.
    Even without considering that this is a broad-stroke deviation instead of minute detail, there's a good reason to be precise: Legal problems.
    Last I checked, the character was created by Filmation and is now the property of Universal Pictures. Classic Bionic Woman situation.
    Unless WB bought the rights back without anyone noticing, it is technically possible to get in trouble when you draw on the TV-adjacent version instead of the one from the post-Crisis comics.
    It could be that the rights are not clear to all parties involved, or that the comics and DCUO are too small potatoes for someone to take legal action, but why would you want to be careless in the first place?

To be blunt that's not even a good excuse, are you going to be okay with a Black Adam being pink-haired with fire for legs?
    • Like x 2
  12. Snoopy Level 30

Was messing around with the artifact and some of the animations are going to be annoying to deal with. Example the one that lunges your toon towards the enemy is going to get so many people killed. The other animation where pets and everyone in the group gets a horrible yellow tower of light is incredible distracting and I can only imagine if more that one person in the group has this artifact. Having that yellow thing proc over and over with EOG spam healers is going to be a nightmare. I'm sure this is probably a fun thing for the RP community but in practice this isn't a well thought out idea. Hopefully this can be changed before launch.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Under absolutely no circumstances in my opinion should 1000sc supers be procing the orange or green EOG.

EOG is already a problem with people fueling endless oranges and greens and something like this if it triggered an orange or green on every single one is only going to break this even further.

You'd break the game even more overnight with the EOG.
    • Like x 6
  14. Retire Well-Known Player

ANybody on test have the answer?
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Those are future changes. They are currently not on test right now.

I haven't tested it specifically, but I think it just procs on the "!" not on each one like everyone thinks. I know Quislet procs on "!". Essentially, this is a 5000 cost SC broken up over several button presses.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy everyone, The updated changes should be live.

Artifact – Heart of Isis

• Wisdom of Solomon
      • Tank Increased HP (10%) & Increased Defense (10%)
    • Strength of Hercules
      • Tank - staggers nearby enemies
      • DPS - Bleed for 10s
      • Healer - Removal of Dash and added Regen to 8 targets –
      • Controller - Weaker Bleed + defense debuff to target
    • Stamina of Atlas
      • Tank - Standard Formula no change 50% mitigation
      • DPS - Shield formed based on a percentage of Might & Prec (instead of Resto & Dom) 70% mitigation
      • Healer - 4 player Shield with HoT ticks for 6s 50% mitigation
      • Controller - self and lowest hp shield and PoT ticks for 6s 70% mitigation
    • Power of Zeus
      • Tank - Self heal based on percent of damage
      • Healer - Damage then AoE heal based on damage done
      • Controller - Applies Damage done debuff to target
      • [DPS] 5% increased might per target hit. (max stacks 5)
    • !
      • Range increased by 5m
    • General
      • All Heart of Isis abilities have their powercosts lowered and cooldowns properly set to 3s
      • Strings updated
    • Known Issues
      • The ability text is out of date, this will be updated soon
      • Rank 200 still doesn't properly apply
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    • Strength of Hercules
      • Controller - Weaker Bleed + defense debuff to target
    As far as I can tell, the Defense debuff isn't working. I see the red shield icon on the target, but I'm not seeing any damage difference. My Fear Gas damage ticks are doing the same amount of damage before and after using Strength of Hercules.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The Power of Zeus in Controller role is giving a -5% Defense debuff to the player.

I don't think that is intended.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I just tested it, it currently doesn't proc EOG at all. Quislet does proc on "!", which is where I would assume EOG would proc if they have it work with it.
    • Like x 4
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

I think it does as well I tested the ! Power & it triggered piped pipers flute. I didn't have time to see if it triggered the computer yet.

Also I think the devs want to give us a different playstyle. Instead of looking at this as a "supercharge " artifact view it more as a group buff teamwork artifact which is pretty cool. (Thoughts for everyone, not specifically you.) I think I can find some cool uses for it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.