Test Discussion Episode 44: Heart of Isis Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy Everyone, Ranmaru here with the newest Episode 44 artifact: The Heart of Isis.

The Heart of Isis is a modification ability based off of the Word of Power iconic ability where the players move through all the letters of Shazam granting unique abilities and attacks. Below I'll outline each of the abilities what they do

Wisdom Of Solomon
    [Supercharge] - 1000 SC

Knows and provides exactly what your role needs.
    [Controller] Increased Vitalization (10%)
    [Healer] increased Heal critical chance (10%)
    [Tank] Increased HP (10%)
    [Damage] Increased Critical Chance & Critical Damage (10% crit chance/ 5% crit damage)

Coming Next Update
    [Tank] Increased HP (10%) & Increased Defense (10%)

Strength of Hercules
    [Supercharge] - 1000 SC

Unleash the Strength of Hercules by rushing towards your target and dealing it heavy damage

This does Single Target damage in a small cone

Coming Next Update:
    Role Specific Functions

Tank - Pulls nearby enemies and staggers them
    DPS - Bleed for 10s (Should be good damage here)
    Healer - Removal of Dash and added Regen to 8 targets
    Controller - Weaker Bleed + defense debuff to target

Stamina of Atlas
    (This ability does not cost any Supercharge)
    Endure with the Stamina of Atlas by gaining a temporary 70% damage reduction Shield

Coming Next Update:
    REWORK Tank - Standard Formula no change 50% mitigation
    DPS - Shield formed based on a percentage of Might & Prec (instead of Resto & Dom) 70% mitigation
    Healer - 4 player Shield with HoT ticks for 6s 50% mitigation
    Controller - self and lowest hp shield and PoT ticks for 6s 70% mitigation

Power of Zeus
    [Supercharge] - 1000 SC
    Shock all surrounding enemies with the Power of Zeus then teleport a short distance backwards

And with the Power of Zeus, the player is sent back away from the target to a safe distance to resume doing damage in a safe manner; let me know if this actually flows properly.

Coming Next Update:
    Tank - Self heal based on percent of damage
    Healer - Damage then AoE heal based on damage done
    Controller - Applies Damage done debuff to target

Courage of Achilles
    [Supercharge] - 1000 SC

Unleash a damaging cone on enemies and inspire all group members’ secondary stats with the Courage of Achilles
    (Buffs are 10% resto, 10% dom, 10% vit to all allies; Right now I think this stacks but in the future it will not.)

Speed of Mercury
    (Not a supercharge)

Gain the Speed of Mercury, moving nearly the same speed in combat as out of combat
    (Player Gains Movement speed, Ability Cost Reduction & combat slowdown is reduced to .2ms)

!
    [Supercharge] - 1000 SC

This is just word of power with a small buff
    Damage increased by about 8% buffs increased by about 3-5%
    Controller role - All group members gain 25% increased Power in for 10 seconds
    Healer Role - All group members 25% increased Healing In for 10 seconds
    Tank role - All group members gain hp equal to 15% of the Casters HP for 20 seconds
    DPS Role - All Group members gain 8% crit damage and 15% crit chance for 10 seconds

Coming Next Update:
    Small Damage increase
    Range Increased by about 5m

General Update changes:
    Cooldown streamlining - All abilities will have a 3s cooldown
    Powercost reduction - All abilities will have updated powercosts (Supercharge abilities will cost 50 power and non SC abilities will cost 100 power)

Please let me know your thoughts about these abilities.

Leveling
    Heart of Isis
    Rank 80: [The Seven letters of SHAZAM!] Gain access to the full library of the Seven letters of SHAZAM!, Transforming and empowering the Word Of Power Ability into Seven new Potent Abilities to unleash the Power of SHAZAM! upon your foes.
    Rank 120: Empower Strength of Hercules
    Rank 160: Empower Power of Zeus & Stamina of Atlas
    Rank 180: Empower Courage of Achilles
    Rank 200: Empower ! & Wisdom of Solomon

Known Issues:
    Do not level the artifact past level 199, currently the artifact is set to give players the level 80 versions of the abilies and will not update to the leveled versions. I am looking into the feedback to decide on how much stronger the empowered versions need to be to stay competitive.
    The Artifact strings currently do not display the proper text this will be fixed in a later build.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just to make sure there is no confusion here.

When you say 1000SC cost - this isn't to be confused with 10000SC cost?

So for comparison

Speed Drain - 2500SC
    Cursed Idol - 5000SC
    Group Transducer - 10000SC

So just to confirm, the supercharges in the original post cost 1000SC?

If so, this should really be tested with Eye of Gemini........
    • Like x 1
  3. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Hi, for

will there be a secondary stat buff for damage role?
  4. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Prolly 10,000.

If it was 1,000, that would be like the Atlantean pack costing 1 daybreak cash!
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Each ability is 1000SC so when you go through the whole rotation, it'll cost 5000SC. EoG works with the ! ability currently
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Can we get the % of Might and Prec that will be used? Saves the time to backward maths it.
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

I'm scared. That sure is... a lot to take in.
    • Like x 2
  8. Retire Well-Known Player

This is incredibly confusing to me. There's too many things going on at once here. Hopefully someone can help me understand. What are these "Coming next update" titles for? It's giving the impression the artifact is not complete yet. And under "general update changes," do these items listed only pertain to the artifact or general gameplay?
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The artifact is still being worked on and several of the abilities are slated to receive further updates.

The original post does make for a very confusing read. I'm hoping the out-of-date notes are removed once the changes are implemented.

The "General Update" section just applies to the abilities for Heart of Isis.
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Best thing I can recommend is to log on, level the artifact to 199, and spend a little bit trying it out. It will make more sense once you get some first-hand experience with it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm sensing a new meta in the works. Isis, scrap, and eog. Everything else be damned.
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

I have a feeling the meta is gonna get shook up a bit too. There’s a lot going on here.
    • Like x 1
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Doesn’t Word of Power alone cost 5000?

I’m thinking what’s happening here is it adds 1000 cost for each ability it uses. So if you’ve leveled the artifact to use all 5 SC abilities, then

5000 (Word of Power)
    +1000 (Solomon)
    +1000 (Hercules)
    +1000 (Zeus)
    +1000 (Achilles)
    +1000 (Mercury)
    ————
    10000 cost per Word of Power use
  14. Reluctant Well-Known Player

The description for the Isis artifact says=

Dark Bargain, gain 20% crit chance and magnitude etc..

basically it says the description for transformation card
    • Like x 1
  15. Cable Girl Active Player

i can't see a working use for this for Dps. I tried and a couple issues - if you stop to use chat while you're in combat you lose the power off your tray and cant get it back. Same thing happens is you swap the your other artifacts..
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

The description is that of the transformation card instead of what's listed here on the forums.

I do love the concept for this are though :)
    Can't wait to test it once it's in working order

Edit: I see it does give the ability wisdom of solomon inside our ability loadouts
  17. BumblingB I got better.

It's not.
    S: 1000
    H: 1000
    A: power
    Z: 1000
    A: 1000
    M: power
    !: 1000
    So when you cycle through the letters, it ends up totaling 5000 or 50% of your SC bar.

This one you really need to actually try it before you understand. It basically is a new mechanic that swaps powers after each activation on your tray.

So you would start with an S and end with a !. And the cycle starts over. You can do things between each activation, it doesn't reset. So like you can do S, then H, then do a combo and clip with A if you wanted. Though A is also a shield to keep you alive since H lunges you at the target.

• Like x 5
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

OHHHHH the wisdom of Solomon is a single sc ability that gives you each Shazam power automatically & cycles through each sc ability depending on your role!!!!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

You beat me to the answer XP lol
    • Like x 1
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What a sad day for artifact tac swappers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.