Dev Discussion Episode 43: The Source Wall Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So there’s a big issue with overlapping mechanics, especially in the second fight. We’re supposed to bunch up together for one mechanic, but then we get nailed by Dawnbreaker, Drowned or Merciless.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Some of these have been addressed already.

There was meant to be a hot fix recently regarding the Merciless pull during Rebuked Isolation, or Dawnbreaker's Orbitals during Rebuked Isolation.

The Drowned shouldn't be an issue if players aren't too close to her, group up. Also block if they have the group-up mechanic and Call of the Deep at the same time.

Depending on the amount of mechanic overlap and the mechanics in question may determine if it is more of a player skill thing (blocking and staying away from boss and other AOE mechanics like meteor, orbital etc.) or an RNG thing. There has been some discussion on this thread already regarding certain RNG elements of the raid that may cause an inevitable KO, feat fail or group wipe regardless of player skill.
  3. Henoshock Well-Known Player

It's a bit RNG, but we just wiped and tried again if someone got the beam while looking for souls. Also you could pull Perpetua way deep into a corner so that people are out of range of her when grabbing souls.

My own question: for Perpetual Relief, I've read that we get some immunity if OWL pulls and stuns into a mechanic, but sometimes the pull is buggy, you'll get yanked, bounce off someone, but not get stunned. Which is usually nice, but if you get yanked right into a mechanic, you have no time to move out, and you didn't get stunned so you didn't get the immunity in the first place (you'll get one shot). Is there a possibility this can be looked at?
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On another run, Perpetua orbitaled us during Rebuked Isolation as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Depends on the exact timing/positioning. If your group is close enough to the edge of the lit up ground and enough people roll/move to the same area it can be worked around. In many cases you can work around it but there may be times where it becomes a luck situation, especially if The Merciless pulls group as well.

Another thing that you can do if timed right is the green marker person can be KO'd on the orbital before the Rebuked Isolation goes off, and then no-one else will be affected but they can then revive that player once it is safe to do so (unless in elite the player has already been KO'd once before).
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s an awful lot to keep track of in the heat of the moment. Am I the only one who finds gameplay like this unbelievably frustrating? Does it really need to be like this?
    • Like x 2
  7. jolaksi Well-Known Player

We get stuck in combat mode after boss fights 90% of the time. We need to run back and wait couple seconds to switch armories to prevent cooldown penalty. This has to go.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

When is the elite plus version going to be cross faction? Please be soon.

Ie. Hero/villain groups or players queuing on hero then switching to villain inside.
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

Is this Elite+ Version's Boss dmg serious? I mean... i'm fully geared, 700SP and max artifacts.
    And i'm being **** 1shot by ONE SINGLE BOSS?!?!?! BY A NORMAL WEAPON ATTACK?
    • Like x 1
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats what you get for playing atomic. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea you're right... probably you just need an group with 8/8 ppl havin Seahorse T3 trinket. Then it should work out
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will never recover from this. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Reg difficulty is too hard for players. It has mechanics in it and not a true pew pew pew pew pew raid for easy loot. Just queueing in and see what players got on is enough to walk out.
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Every raid has mechanics
  15. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

been in at least 3 groups this week that have been killed while early cut scene playing. 2 groups disbanded..doesn't take much. (PC)
  16. Willythewizard New Player

Do the source titans on last boss have proximity aggro ? Hoping quix or a dev can confirm please and ty
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.