Dev Discussion Episode 43: The Source Wall Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelg Always Right

So much this. That yellow one is a bear to find when it's near the wall. There was also one time where I just straight up didn't have an icon above my head. I had to ask someone else what my own symbol was to try and find it. This used to happen with the runes in the Flashpoint Royal War alert, too.
    • Like x 2
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I say we should need two healers i had no problem with that aspect of it.
  3. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I had trouble with the yellow and the orange. The red wasn't too bad.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I did want to say good job with the new raid I really liked the challenge of it and having to figure out the mechanics we had to leave at the last boss because the tank had to go to bed but I was happy we didn't finish it. was kind of late already when we started . this stuff shouldn't be a breeze on the first day.
    • Like x 1
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Agree thats also how it was back then and what made the game fun longterm and gave the content that longevity.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree :)
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, all the content seems very well done all around, difficulty seems perfect. Ran regular with the crew a few times then took a stab at elite. Will be in elite for the rest of today now but even regular is a solid challenge. Smooth launch, great content. Thanks devs!
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Had a chance to run the normal raid twice yesterday. I got to agree with others' sentiment, this has been a pretty successful DLC launch. A few things I experienced:

The soul fragments. I don't know if it's a color bleed or a draw distance issue, but it's hard to find the fragment when it's next to the barrier. As others have mentioned, I had to ask if anyone seen the one I needed.

The Titans fight does seem a little over tuned for normal, though I saw an adjustment is incoming.

I'm not sure what the tell is for the player explosion thing. My second run almost wiped last 15% of Perpetua's health. It seemed like it hit two people and blasted both sides of the room. Tank got me and I got another player and we were able to 3 man the last bit.

The visual effects in this are a bit... Bright... White. I wasn't having issues with it triggering migraines, but I know it could if I'm having a on the verge days. I think it's not necessary to adjust this one, but might be a good idea in the future to think about photo sensitivity of players when doing compounding effects.

Good raid, thank you.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m really hoping the difficulty doesn’t change. At least not drastically. It’s day one. Gear up and get comfortable for 2 weeks then we can all see what feels over tuned. I did run a low level alt thru event mode and my lord, players were getting ruined. At one point, I was the only one left and every enemy came and gave me a beating but I still survived and everyone came back in. Weren’t any downs from cheap shots so I say leave it and let players get better vs making it so easy they learn nothing. Regular, it’s pretty tough. We ran a few alts thru it and everyone loved the difficulty. Tanks could die, wipes could happen. We did plenty of 1/1/1/4 and even no troll runs so it’s not like it can’t be solo healed or solo tanked. Tho I’m a pug group, I’d think most should be running 2/2/1/3 setups for the time being.

Edit: shouldn’t say “any” cheap shots. There was one run where we wiped in reg because someone got the green thing so we all huddled up. The literal second that ended, drowns call of the deep attack leveled every single one of us except the tank that was far enough away. It was funny but needs a bit more time for us to spread back out. That attack hurts real bad haha
    • Like x 2
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

I don't care about regular and elite, but you do understand that you only have to be level 15 to play it? It will more than likely frustrate new players. Not make them better. Also, I don't think I ever heard anyone on a mic in any event run
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, and they can come right back in so why make it too easy? Anyone that died, died because they didn’t follow even basic mechanics. If the devs make it so anyone can just stand there, they’ll just have a miserable experience later on when they’re getting smoked or kicked. Better to learn when they can just waltz right back into the fight no? The player base needs to get better. Easy content is one thing, brainless isn’t going to help. If I saw players dying while blocking/ following mechanics then I’d say something but this was just player error.

Normal level, again it’s day one. It ain’t easy but it’s far from impossible. If non communicating pug groups are failing, that’s on them. They’ll learn and get better and finish when capable. Gearing up will matter and help a lot too. Those all seem like good things to me personally.
    • Like x 2
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Making content hard for level 15 won't make the player base better. Staying around to continue playing will.
    Like I said, I don't care about the reg or elite. I'm talking about level 15 players. I don't even know if they have a full loadout. Anyway, the devs know. That's why adjustments are being made
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Ever heard of event version?
  14. Eve YouTuber

Sure, I don't think It's a must on normal, but it is helping, I just think the damage from all 4 bosses was very high that even the tank couldn't shield from it + bosses pretty much lost aggro all the time. Healers did their job too, the damage just broke through shields, which was my original complaint. I definitely plan to run the raid more because I never actually enjoyed a raid like I did with this one.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

Ummm, ik you can read, but do you understand?
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This conversation is just an online gaming version of Nature vs Nurture. Personally, I’d be more likely to leave the game for being too easy. Different strokes for different folks. Some will leave because things are too hard. I’d hope anyone that’s cr 15 realizes that even while being buffed up about 315cr, they’re still baby weak. No one left in the run I was in, no one quit, and everyone finished. They all could have survived and done fine if they used their block button or didn’t melee 4 bosses at once. They need to learn is my opinion is all. I see the devs are dropping the 1st bosses damage some which is fine. They didn’t seem to kill any of the group that I recall tho so may make it too easy but it is what it is.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The tanks aren’t really “losing aggro”, the bosses just ignore it on occasion to attack the group. Shields were going away fairly quickly for regular, but again it’s day one so it should be fine for most shortly. Can run 2 tanks of one is having that much of an issue but I and a few friends ran it solo and loved that it was decently challenging in reg.

Elite… shields are gone in one hit. I couldn’t rotate them fast enough. 2 tanks, 2 heals (even tried 3 heals) and those 1st set of bosses will still own you. It’s awesome haha. Feels like sm round 20-25 right now.
    • Like x 2
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

What gameplay up to level 15 that make anyone do anything you said?
    I haven't leveled a toon since 2012, but I don't remember any mechanic that required the R1 button.
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Blocking? I haven’t played early stuff in near a decade but I really hope blocking is taught very early on
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

Haha I bet, I didn't ran it on test so as I said I came completely without knowledge to this raid. I only run normal, I never touch elite raids, I enjoy some challenge but I don't go all out for elite raids, sadly. Old ones sure, sometimes. I just don't feel comfortable enough healing or dpsing in elite yet, but each to their own. Yeah I only talk about regular here, elite should definitely be the definition of challenge and skill- normal should be passable but still challenging. I really really love the mechanics in Perpetua. It made it my absolute favorite raid.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.