Test Discussion Episode 43: The Source Wall Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

The time has come to face Perpetua at the Source Wall! Join Death Metal Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor (plus pop-ins by one or two other Death Metal heroes) and remove Perpetua from our Multiverse.

This is the testing thread for the Source Wall raid. Please leave your thoughts and feedback here; your opinions can help shape and improve the raid in many valuable ways. I look forward to hearing from you!

- Quixotic

Know Issues:
    • Current build has a gate if One Who Laughs resets on a wipe; fixed in future build
    • Like x 1
  2. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Played reg and I got stuck in the white dome wall that comes down around the arena entrance when the boss starts (couldn't move or hit anything). Otherwise, it was pretty nice. Mechanics are straightforward and not annoying. I wish the last boss had more attacks when she's on the ground, because otherwise it feels a little too similar to her attacks during the first boss. The art design ooks so cool! I wish we could see more of the source wall area.
  3. DJ BOSS New Player

DCUO EPISODE 43 TEST SERVER - SOURCE WALL RAID ( FIRST BOSS )

4. MaDaNoF New Player

5. iEddyGaming Active Player

Thank you for sharing. ;)

This is complete uncut run with no commentary - I, personally, enjoyed the raid. I ran it twice, once as HL Might DPS and 2nd time as Elec Prec DPS. When I ran it as HL Might.. Some spots of the raid, wouldn't let me go from range combo to melee combo. As in I would try to press Melee after MG to do whiplash but it won't go through. But if I would move, change my position, it would work.

Other than that, so far, I haven't ran into any issues. Combat was fun. Mechanics were easy to follow, though we had some random one shot deaths (as you can see in the video). Hoping to try out Elite soon. Good job!
  6. zNot Loyal Player

So we went into The elite raid the first bossfight „Proma“ does her staff attack where ice comes out of it i think such attacks should have a skull attack before they happen considering how deadly they are (which is good since its elite!) so the tanks have enough time to move.

interms of damage output of the bosses with their weapon attack they are counterable and i think they are fine! both tanks were cr 356 which is like 17 cr below max cr(if 373 is max cr) i think the bosses are scaled very very good. League hall buffs were missing,and we did not have episode 43 origin augments on.

On regular the second bossfight looks very very promising looking forward to try it on Elite!

The first bossfight on Elite needs a second tank and i and the group really really loved it! its so satisfying to see a Elite raid bossfight that has challenging mechanics on the Tanks and that requieres a second tank. Good job!!

I see this elite raid with lots and lots of longevity and this wont get boring/easy after 2 weeks. Thanks!
  7. Kestral Committed Player

The wraiths that have the colored doom emblems are going to be a issue. Specifically the blue ones. I got stuck with the blue emblem above my head. I'm assuming the mechanic is to que all the blue wraiths but I couldn't find the last one at all. Found him later in the mach hanging out near the wall of the blue dome perfectly camouflaged. Another player later in the same match also got blue and had the same issue not being able to find the final add.

Perhaps red or orange and green instead of blue and green for the icon colors on these? Otherwise see if the icon can be made more bold rather then thin lined.
  8. Kestral Committed Player

[IMG]

Was unable to find a way to reach that briefing or inspection point.
    • Like x 2
  9. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Feedback on Elite version:

Devastator doing a random spike move(the one he smashes the ground with his fists and spikes come up) which has no indicator. That usually aims for group and mostly KOs people. Is this intended?
    If im not mistaken I recall similar move was imprinted to one of the bosses on live server(probably an epiode boss) and then that spike move got patched where boss only aimed for tank.

Note: Tank wasnt losing agro. Devastator was straight up doing spike to the group.
  10. Blackhole1st New Player

Im kinda tired of being kicked out of elitte ques for having so called low arts. Are their any plans to have extra nth metal drops and double source marks permantly so everyone can play the game without being kicked out?
  11. Time Warped Level 30

When you say low, is this 140ish or 160ish? Also, have you try forming your own group?
  12. zNot Loyal Player

You should go to another section of the forums this is only for feedback of this raid.
    • Like x 3
  13. Quixotic Developer

Devastator has a Spike Wave he can aim at anyone. I added a bit longer tell and a point animation to help telegraph it better. Let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks!
    - Quixotic
  14. Eve YouTuber

Not that big of a issue but watching other players running the raid on YouTube, Death Metal Wonder Woman is missing her cape in the cutscenes it seems. Just giving a heads up!
  15. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the report! I modified her character data and forgot to update her cape to go with it - d'oh!
    I corrected that and should be fixed as soon as we can get it updated.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.