Dev Discussion Episode 43: Return to Earth 3 Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Alert, yes, but not for the Duo. I think that got missed in the notes but should be active on PC Test.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Charon, it's Sunday! Get some rest! :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Anyway to tone down the color of green when it gets on us ? That blocks the view to much. Make it more transparent like you did with the water pool for healers ?
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not sure if this has already been suggested, but please can you update the "No Spores on Me" feat so it says (Elite) on it? Have tried it a few times in regular version recently and obviously didn't read to the end of the feat description.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello,

I think sometimes the timing is still a little too tight. (Maybe internet connection/ping related) I get stunned by lasso and I can't break out fast enough to block before she KO's me with heat vision. Sometimes I can and sometimes not. I think it needs a 0.5 second delay.

This is for the elite version.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I agree. Sometimes I mash the hell out of the prompt button, only to still get hit by the heat vision while stunned.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

I keep observing this weird behavior with Superwoman's fire field and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Follow me here for a bit:

So I'm tanking Superwoman. Superwoman places her large fire field on another player, a player who is far away from me. On my screen, I see the fire field is far away from me and I see the other player actively dodging the fire. Right, everything's cool right? But wait, at the same time I'm suddenly taking an 100k DoT... kinda like if the fire was under me, and sure enough my character also has the fire aura indicating I've been in a fire field.

No fire field is rendered under me and like I said, I can see a rendered fire field far away from me. So what gives? Can two large fire fields spawn simultaneously, with one not rendered? Is it some strange positional thing where standing behind or in front of Superwoman while she's placing the field also burns me? It's very strange and it's now happened enough times where I felt I should bring it up.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

yes this has happened to us. Whoever is in the middle towards the back of the room gets the fire field the tank in the front has an invisible one also. This has happened several times.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Precisely. The most obvious times I've noticed it is when the fire spawns under the healer who, like you said, is normally as far back as the entrance door. I see the fire, I see the healer rolling to the side, then suddenly 50-75% of my health is gone and I'm on fire - completely invisible.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I've run this several times now and the timing is still too tight. I think there is lag on input before you can start tapping to get out. So it doesn't register the first few taps so there is a delay on when you are out. IE die before you can finish tapping.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

We switched up with healer to the left side and it seem to do better. Good luck
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone has some insight if the mindcontrol on 1st boss can be broken in a specific way?

Tried it for quite some time but so far the only strat seems to be just ignoring it and finish the first encounter as 3 players.

It happened 2x that the MC person was turned normal again rather quick, but we couldnt reproduce it.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

I heard rumours that TLantern, who worked on this alert, left the team. I wish him the best for the future if this is true.

If there are any concerns or further bugs regarding the alert (maybe issues that are better in DMs), who should we contact?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.