Dev Discussion Episode 43: New Apokolips Duo

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for checking out the New Apokolips Duo!
    Here you'll confront the Furies, Resurrected Brimstone and Darkfather.

Please leave any feedback and/or suggestions you have.

-Millbarge
  2. BumblingB I got better.

The Elite second boss is just dang near impossible to get through unless you burn through the mechanics with sweaty DPS or have a tank. A healer doesn't help, because the one taking all the aggro will be stunned to heck. This is definitely going to be a very difficult Elite duo to run regularly. The other bosses feel about right, but the control effects are really the problem with it.
  3. Sir Freeze Active Player

During the first boss mad harriet constantly teleports to the green area that the father box creates, since u need to beat all 3 first bosses without them going to that green area (for a feat) it seems imposible to get
    • Like x 5
  4. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Enjoyed the duo massively, there is certainly a lot of things going on but it does make it interesting.

I do agree with Sir Freeze for the feat I didn't understand how you're supposed to make them not go into the green area since Mad harrier just teleports to it by her own volition.
    • Like x 3
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

The second boss has to many overlapping mechanics. Circles on the ground, cone attack, boss exploding, while adds in the back spamming auto on pistols. And I mean literally sometimes at the exact time. Man, it's a duo.
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I tanked it with a DPS friend,the brimstone bossfight (elite) i think its the best elite duo bossfight i have played.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Agreed, it keeps you on your toes
    • Like x 1
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

this duo is short and to the point, therefore i love it!!!
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Bug:
    Brimstone Second Boss:
    If he is killed before the lava erupts, then during the cutscene, the lava will still erupt and kill the players.
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This is what I’ve been experiencing (in elite especially). It’s also a bit cheap that a Parademon can ignore tank aggro and block break the DPS as they’re in the last second of blocking for the Brimstone explosion. It’s like RNG death.

And while I can’t speak directly to it, the tank was also noting how he was being juggled, stunned, etc by adds all in less than two seconds.

There were also several occasions where I (as DPS) was at full health and no where near an eruption or red warning cone and still died to a one shot.

Maybe head augments will help as we get there, but let’s be honest - the elite duo is the replay spam money. It’s not going to be worth farming if the full tank (and everyone else) is at the mercy of RNG to be effective.
    • Like x 3
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

I was in a group today with a tank and the add BB me. It's the add with the dual pistols. Don't think their counter mechanics work like ours. I think the DP BB anyone blocking. Not just the player targeted.
    Yea, it's total rng. I went in there one time and blew through second boss. Went another and literally had 2-3 mechanics at once. And if you're lagging, just forget about running the elite
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Huh, I reported this bug before it went live :( They did put a fix in too. That's a shame
  13. Eve YouTuber

Me and my friend ran it as Healer and Might DPS on test server (Elite of course), It's not impossible. But you have to burn the adds in the Brimstone fight to not get block breaked. My friend and I agreed that this duo is a dream of a Prec DPS. It's not impossible, but running it everyday is not something I want to do unlike the other elite duos.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

The problem is the compounding control effects. You can get controlled breakout and immediately get controlled again. There are also RNG of the floor circles. They can overlap and as much as you like, hard to roll out of.

I detest this boss fight. This isn't a raid or alert, but a duo. It is by far the hardest elite duo encounter. At least the Lex fight in the last duo had only the turrets, which you can disable and the adds easy to handle because of it. This fight stinks and makes me really not want to play it.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will there be elite feats for the duo added later? At the moment there isn't any, so besides renown there isn't a lot of incentive to run the elite version.
  16. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I hop in the duo and everything melted like butter. Any way to bump up the difficulty?
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Second boss is ridiculous. The stacking mechanics are just too much. Either adjust this or let the last boss drop 200 renown.
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This is a great duo. Elite feels perfect. We were doing 2 dps thru the whole 1st fight and for about half of the 2nd then I’d switch to healer. It’s a workout with the adds pounding on you but it’s fun. Just keep circling the room and heal your buns off while adds are smacking you. Last fight can be 2 dps again. I want to say that all their health is too low vs the elite alert boss health being too high. We can burn brimstone too fast and cause overlaps. We got him to explode 3 times in a row without him ever doing something else. Aside from that, it’s good imo for a daily. I don’t mind the low health btw, just seems very different vs how high the alert bosses health is.

Also did tank and dps instead. Do able. Clarion works wonders in there. Pets also take a lot of the attacks so I can see mercy viability in there. Personally, I like heal and dps vs tank and dps but either works. The healer becomes a tank so really needs to be moving and aware and have a shield or 2 to deal with the train of adds you’ll be dragging behind you as you circle the room. But we never burnt the adds, just let them stay out.
  19. Impulsive Level 30

Why the Duo elite gives only 2 marks?
    Flashpoint and Doom's duos give 3 marks for elite, 2 for normal and for 1 event.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jcal Dedicated Player

Wow! Finally happened to me. Running the Elite version - Brimstone is about to explode and wouldn't you know it... some Maniac or whatever Full Auto block breaks me at just the right moment. Wipe. Very annoying.

And is it just me or did the final boss receive some tweaks? Seemed like Parademons were spawning much faster and the Omega Beam lunge thing was happening more often. I know the Elite alert definitely got some changes, like the Ultraman Ice Breakout skill challenge thing is now there.

Maybe I'm imagining things since people are better geared now, the duo is going faster.

* Also still haven't a clue on how to keep Mad Harriet away from the Lockdown Zone. She still teleports to it as soon as it is active. Anyone have a strategy that's worked?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.