Dev Discussion Episode 42: Umbrax the Ultraviolet (Duo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Episode 42 Duo.

Please submit any feedback or issues you find here so we can investigate wrongdoings at the SpaceLex Moon Base.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I did it once. I didn't see the loot lock graphic. Did it again and got no loot.
    Missing Loot Lock graphic in on duty menu?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Probably. This was happening with Save the Universe content at DLC41's launch as well.
  4. Ripskull New Player

I have completed this content but am still prompted to exit umbra the ultraviolet. I have replayed all three versions and can not progress the mission.
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Tried the elite version of the duo earlier.

Second boss was fun, the add AOEs were something new for DCUO, we haven't really had pre-position mechanics before. Definitely something I would like to see again in the future. And if you die from it the first time you know for the next time. And I liked the shield part as well.

No bugs to report as of yet but will keep an eye out.
  6. Millbarge Developer

The issue has been tracked down and resolved internally. We will get this out to the Live Servers soon™

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  7. Millbarge Developer

The issue has been tracked down and a fix is being submitted.

-Millbarge
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't know if this is specific to the duo or not, but it's where it happened to me. I lost all audio except for very faint, ambient background music. It happened gradually over the course of the duo. Initially some ability/weapon sound effects were dipping in and out until eventually they just disappeared completely. It resulted in making the boss fight with Lex quite difficult because I couldn't hear the audio cue for his orbital strike attack, and the colour of the VFX for the orbital strike tends to blend into the ground as they're very similar colours. Relogging fixed the issue. It was the elite version of the duo, if that makes a difference.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That is a general game bug related Episode 42. I've seen several users report it while playing other instances. It has made the game nearly unplayable for our league's rage tank since they can't hear their Rage Crash audio effects.
    • Like x 2
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I don't like about the Elite Lex Luthor fight is that the turrets will typically put the players in combat immediately following the matinee. Can this be adjusted so the turrets start attacking after you engage Lex Luthor?
    • Like x 2
  11. Millbarge Developer

I submitted a fix last night internally. It will hopefully go out to the Live servers soon™.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The "Destroy the Terror Orb" mechanic doesn't work correctly if you have the Superman Construct boss. If Superman is flying and you position yourself with the orb between you and Superman, the "Red Arrow" attack will not intersect with the orb. We tried jumping to get the beam to intersect, but it just wouldn't work when Superman was flying.

We were able to get it to work reliably with Batman and Wonder Woman.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

This isn't just flying. It has to do with placement of the construct and the orb. My league mate and I went for the feat and if the boss was anywhere in the center, it would destroy the emitter, but if it was by the wall (like between two orbs) or in the corner, it would not destroy it.

I was a tank and when we figured that out, I quickly started placing him in a better spot.

Also, possible bug, but there seems to be a range on the construct's attack. I did the feat with my villain and it was a healer dos combo team, and John was tanking the boss almost near the entrance door and for the life of us, couldn't get him to destroy the orb. We also couldn't get John to move either. So we had to wait for a closer orb to spawn.
  14. Patrick_Jones Level 30

On my very first trial on the DUO (Elite), 2nd boss Sinestro was supposed to spawn in the mid area after cutscene
    but never happened.

it was my first try so didn't know it was bugged or what but after another try I figured.

When it happened,
    After killing adds in the central area of the instance, Cutscene started.
    After that nothing appeared and on the right, said, "Locate Ultraviolet Sinestro"
    mini map showed red dot on the map (where Sinestro supposed to be) but Nothing was there.
    Tried to rally, or move John Stewart to some particular location, nothing worked so me and the duo fellow left.

Well, like I said, it only happened once on my very first try. Things okay now after that.

(on USPC, Win 10)
    • Like x 1
  15. Siramez Well-Known Player

John SHOULD not be standing in multiple purple pools, ESPECIALLY during the green shield that we have to go inside BUT because of the purple pools, we die to them instead of sinestro's one shot mechanic without the green shield. Please make it that the purple pool would not be near John or have John move more consistently.
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ultraviolet lanterns behave quite odd on the ppen field. Usually you tap on an enemy and they follow you but they seem to reset their aggro, making them return to their position. Its not resetting them entirely with max health for example. Its not a major issue but would give it a better flow if this could be changed.

The orbital strikes during the normal version of the sinestro fight dont deal any damage They only ground you.

During the last boss the last set of source creatures dont spawn. Is that intented due to difficulty scaling?
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Elite Duo issues:
    The turrets do not attack upon the start of the initial fight, but they stay active upon a wipe. Which makes a second attempt just as hard as before the turret fix.

I agree with Siramez as well. The pools should not be inside the green bubble. Is there a way that when John puts it up, it cleanses that spot?

I noticed what Strichcode said about the lanterns just floating back to their spawn points, like they are tethered. I was a tank, had them pulled to me and they will float away from us.
  18. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Hello, today we are doing the alert and the second boss never appeared, the red dot was on the map, but it was not there, I had to go out and do another
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I'd like to reiterate, when you wipe, the turrets and the ones that repair them do not reset upon wipe and they keep spawning and making the fight way harder than the first attempt.
  20. Millbarge Developer

is he in the middle of the boss area, or is he stuck in the wall?

-Millbarge