Test Discussion Episode 42: Umbrax the Ultraviolet (Duo)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Nov 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is regarding Regular version:

Ultraviolet Lantern Phases
    Compared to the Elite version, the reduction in the number of Ultraviolet Lanterns outside the bases is very noticeable. It feels like there should be at least a couple more Ultraviolet Lanterns guarding the bases.

Lex Luthor

For the first 30 seconds of the fight, I wondered if we were playing the Event version. It wasn't until the Source Creatures spawned that there was an actual hint of difficulty in the fight. Luthor by himself seemed fairly easy. We refrained from bursting him down just so we could see all the mechanics. If we had used Orbitals and Allies at about 30% health, we wouldn't have had to deal with the Source Creatures at all and the fight would have been much shorter.

At least for Regular Mode, the Lex Luthor fight feels like a bit of a letdown compared to the Sinestro fight in terms of difficulty. Aside from the adds, there isn't anything particularly interesting about the Luthor fight. The Sinestro fight is setup so you are forced to go through all of the phases and deal with the mechanics. I'm not exactly sure what to suggest here to improve the fight. It is too bad the player can't use the moon fragment pieces to do something interesting in this fight like prevent the adds from spawning or another mechanic from coming into play. As is, the moon fragments just roll around the room and serve as spawning fodder for the adds.
    • Like x 1
  2. Millbarge Developer

he's attacking an invisible NPC running around - I'll fix that soon™

Thanks for all the other feedback, I'm going through it now.
    -Source Blast is intended to be more of a tell than a damage attack - informing you that he's breaking the Moon Rocks to release the Source Creatures. I adjusted the damage some, so you should have seen more than the 1500 damage in your previous post.

-Millbarge
  3. inferno Loyal Player

This was tested on 1:54 p.m. pst 12/3/3021; This is the REGULAR version. Using a battle tank build, I am using Grim, quislet, and Mystic for Artifacts and Cyborg, BWL (luck draw), and Aquaman (Hear Call) as allies.

I have left the Combat log on with Damage received.

The other toon is just a bystander, I just went in here to solo it. As you can see from the fight, I intentionally prolonged the fight by mostly countering the Luthor and letting the pets do most of the damage. The Source Blast now hits for 6 to 7k damage. At one point, I decided to kill the Source Creatures which is why I started doing more damage but I tried to avoid Luthor as much as I could.

I will let the video speak for the difficulty of the fight.

4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Ran the Elite duo tonight to test out the changes. Here are some quick notes:

Construct Boss
    • If your partner doesn't see the on-screen message to "Interrupt the Freeze Wave," you're dead. That is going to be an issue when blind queuing or even when playing with a drowsy partner. It can also be an issue if the boss has immunity for some reason.
    • This fight is mostly a DPS check. Can you burn the boss down before the Terror Orb field expand? Trying to destroy the Terror Orbs still doesn't feel like it is worth the risk.
    Sinestro
    • Fight seemed fine for an Elite duo. Everything seemed to be working.
    Lex Luthor
    • One of the turrets always targeted John Stewart the entire time and John would just keep attacking it. The attacks from the second turret were fairly easy to avoid. I think most people are just going to ignore the turrets.
    • I still find it difficult to predict exactly how far away I need to be from Lex's Orbital Strike. The Orbital beam doesn't have a well-defined AoE circle on the ground like what you would see for other Orbital attacks. It also doesn't help that the pillar of light can be hard to see sometimes depending on what player visual effects are being displayed. I've just been sticking with the strategy of getting "really far away" to make sure I don't take damage.
    • The fight is fairly easy if you are running a DPS/Tank or DPS/Healer configuration. Double DPS can be rough if you aren't both using a self-healing build.
    • Like x 2
  5. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Terror Generators spawn in each other. :(
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is it bugged??? or was the Gatekeeping successful?

The Elite version is pretty much unplayable queueing for the mission. :(
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm sure this has probably been reported but when running this on ellite the first boss can ice block you and kill you before and as the fight starts immediately after the cut scene
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Ive gotten through elite pugging its all dependent on how dedicated your partner is and baring them being quitters and walking out after 1 wipe
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know I can get through Elite.
    The issue is usually the other half of the team. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Beaten it Several times. They did a good job on leaving a feeling of “needing a decent dps, and needing a decent role playing toon”.
    Some feed back
    1st boss with two new dlc geared dps is too easy, he literally melts before any terror generators spawn, maybe increase health just a little too ensure mechanic even gets noticed.
    Second boss is awesome, I wish he only did the mechanics once each though, it gets repetitive.
    Also I’ve died several times when the dead bodies explode WITHOUT being in the red circles, are the outlying white pulses suppose to do as much damage as standing in the red? It’s definitely beatable just annoyed at that random wipe after rolling all the way out lol.

And then there is lex. A good balance of mechanic vs dps check. Love the splitting multiplying reviving adds! This fight is fun. Didn’t notice anything wrong in either the succeeds or fails, always knew why we weren’t getting it.

Over all the elite duo is well balanced for an Entry level elite.
    Can’t wait to see what elite +1-4 bring ;)
  11. beardrive Committed Player

At the first boss fight, one of the duo often is left at the door and attacked by the ultraviolet boss during the cutscene, or a generator spawn there and kills either/both players.

At the Sinestro fight, John Stewart is absent completely from the map about 40% of the time and cannot shield players from Sinestro's ultraviolet attack. If they cannot shield/drink 2 times during the fight, they wipe because his attack is so strong. Weak players wipe immediately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.