Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Dec 9, 2021.
No, the Toxin is too strong. A fix is coming.
“Don’t touch the toxin!” “Scratch that touch the toxin!” I swear I’m not crazy but at one point on the first day of the DLC someone mentioned a console during the fight? I know that the toxin is hitting too hard but the mechanics are all over the place (including the toxin visuals not showing) with poor messaging.
How long till the fix ? I don't like having to run the event version and miss out on better rewards because the alert is broken.
I believe the patch went Live this morning with the Server Hotfix.
Hello and thanks!
Just ran this with a PUG. After the compound message comes up, I move away from boss, and touch toxin. I then roll away and I die shortly afterwards. My guess it's DoTs that I can't see? It's really confusing. And in the instance there was no green barrel at the start either.
The nerf to BWL's health is quite big imo, we finished the fight before he had a chance to use his compound attack (3 dps + 1 troll group), and we were not max cr or arts.
The toxin is still definitely too strong.
So what’s the deal with the toxin mechanic? Are you trying to force healer runs or something? Because it does so much damage that you can lose 60k just from having a cloud spawn under your feet. And then of course you HAVE to stand in it to avoid the big attack, eating 20k dots the whole time. So are alerts supposed to be done with any combination of roles or not?
We've seen this a bunch, still happening this weekend. It's been less of a problem with all the damage reductions/tweaks leading to less dying, but several times we've had players die and no res icon on their first death.
BWL Boss Fight Elite: Can not revive any team players AT ALL. (not even once)
No one has commented on this thread in a while, and honestly I started to do this in bug reports, but since each bug requires its own thread and some of these are more on the order of suggestions rather than bugs, I figured I'd do it here.
- There is still a bug where no revival cog shows up at all after getting knocked out in Elite. It doesn't happen all the time, and in some runs it will happen sporadically, but it's still an issue. We only get two deaths per boss fight in elite (which is kinda silly anyway), and managing to do pick-ups in the BWL fight is difficult enough with the likelihood of having a DOT on while attempting it, but it really sucks to have to wipe because the revival cog isn't showing up.
- There should be a warning circle for where the red gas clouds are going to spawn. If they spawn under your feet, you get the dot and you have absolutely no chance to avoid it. There are warnings in every other instance for damaging environmental effects, why not this one?
- On the same topic, the red clouds do not always provide protection from BWL's one-shot. I don't know how many times I've heard in group or in league chat someone yelling because they were standing in the red cloud and were still killed by the one-shot effect despite having the aura.
- Maybe BWL's laughing gas attack shouldn't be the same color as the poison clouds. It's a similar issue to above - occasionally you'll have people thinking they made it to a poison gas cloud to be protected from BWL's one-shot, but really were a victim of the laughing gas attack.
- There is something off with power regeneration in this alert. I've seen people saying that Cyborg isn't working properly as an explanation, but we've tested that, and it doesn't seem to be the case, it's just that for whatever reason we're not regenerating power as quickly here as we do in other places. Personally I'm fine as long as I don't run robot side-kick (my Grim isn't maxed out), but this is the ONLY instance I can't run it in other than the CC portion of Family Reunion, so it's something similar to the bug in that zone.
- This is more ephemeral and I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, but I've experienced and heard multiple people from league and PUG runs complain that the timing on our powers is off somewhat in this instance. It's like just a little bit of lag so you have to hit buttons multiple times even when powers aren't showing on cool-down, and the timing on clips is just a little off.
- I feel like BWL still has too many HPs in elite. It takes longer to kill him than it does to burn down most raid bosses.
- Mxy doesn't always register inputs in the Mxy says phase if you input them too early in his cycle. The workaround seems to be to wait until at least half of his timer has expired before inputting, but we shouldn't have to do that.
With all that said, from a design perspective I think the BWL fight in TOWWe is the best thing we've seen in years. I just wish there weren't so many bugs and glitches, and that the rest of the episode hadn't been so lackluster.
For clarification, you're not seeing the cogs even on the first two KO's in Elite? I want to be sure we're not talking about the limited rallies we have in Elite. Do you happen to know if the cog issue happens in Normal and Event mode too?
And one last thing, do you happen to know which version of the base you see this issue in? Is it the Moon base or the Underwater base, or both?
I can confirm cogs sometimes do not appear in first lo in elite. Not sure about the location. Also, the toxin fails sometimes to protect from the compound.
I've also had this experience in elite-- one death, no cog appears, not sure of the type of hall.
Also, in the Myx simon says portion, if you input the correct command but it's too soon, it can fail. Can you look into this?
And finally, I think the final Myx sequence with the boxes in elite could use a small tweak. Either a reduction in the number of hits boxes need, reduction of the number of boxes needed to break or a reduction in damage overall from the enemies that spawn. It can be a just a bit too much imo.
Yeah sometimes we're not getting a cog on the first KO. I know it's happening on the moonbase, I can't remember if I've seen it in the underwater one or not.
Restoration stat is yo-yo-ing in the alert (also noted it occurring in the raid). User was on EUPS (PS4). Lag/latency related to pinging stats?
Discussion in discord #bugs-and-tech-issues (January 5th around 10 am eastern time)
I can confirm that this has happened to me in TOWWR, too. It has only happened to me (multiple times) in that alert, and during the Batman Who Laughs fight. I've also had issues with the toxin clouds not rendering at all suddenly (maybe this is connected?)
Hello, there is an error that always happens to me, when I end the alert, after defeating all the bosses, I always continue in combat, and it does not let me use the teletransporator of the map ... you can only go out with the portal, it always happens to me. .. if they could solve it
Me and my leaguemates can confirm that this happens in elite and we're not talking about the limited rallies.
Do you remember which version of the League Hall you were in? Moon Base or Underwater?
Separate names with a comma.