Dev Discussion Episode 42: The One Who Waits (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Dec 9, 2021.

1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for playing the Episode 42 Legion of Doom Alert!

Leave your feedback, bug reports, and other Alert comments here in this thread. If possible, please provide screenshots if they help you describe a situation.

Thank you!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Should the Contagious Laughter mechanic be active in the Normal version? I thought it was an Elite-only mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  3. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Elite Version:
    Batman who laughs got damn much health. And his shuriken attack is bugged? It's stunning players in omega phase.
  4. TLantern Developer

No. I've just fixed this. Thanks for the report
  5. TLantern Developer

Is the name of the attack "Shuriken"? If you don't remember the name, what did it look like? And could you break out easily or no?
  6. BugReporter2000 Active Player

He's throwing shuriken at some1, then the players gets an red smoke aura and starts dancing. No possibility to break out
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I can confirm we also couldnt break out
    • Like x 3
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

it's BWL toxic laughing gas, I believe there is already a fix in the works for that
    • Like x 2
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes - it's the same one listed above by Penryn. Fixed in next hotfix.
  10. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the fast reports!
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got to the last boss in Elite. The whole alert is pretty fun until the last phase of Mxyzptlk's game starts. I know that the adaptive augments should help with the knockback of the bouncy balls but that doesnt stop the damage. And thats a problem. Sometimes these balls bounce on you so fast and often its almost a 1 hit - even on the tank.

The gift boxes are much harder to destroy with might, compared to prec (not sure if thats wanted) and Shock Sport Drink (from central city) is disabled in the alert. Is that intended? I would understand it if there were a feat wich goes like "destroy all presents before the timer runs out", but there is no such feat so i wonder why it doesnt work.

Also, on the 1st phase of Mxyzptlk, you can die even after doing the correct emote. If we waited 2 seconds before actvation it hasnt happened again. Also, i once had a symbol displayed above Mxy that wasnt in my loadout bar. I couldnt capture the screenshot unfortunately.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Regular, is Batman supposed to have so much health? Never ran with the greatest burners, around 10 to 15mil difference between me and the pugs I've run with, but the fight is tedious. Not difficult really, tho can def die with no healer so I think that's fine. He just seems like a bullet sponge. It feels like elite level of health. Just my opinion of course.
    • Like x 2
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the 2nd bossfight against the Batman who laughs, i was healing today. After the first phase of his gas 1hit and after successfully avoiding it in the gas cloud, my group heal bugged out and it didnt work anymore. I could spam it but it had no effect and no cooldown.
    I relogged and it happened again straight away.

Im sorcery. A water healer that played this before didnt have that issue.
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

I'm here to cry alongside Strich that might players are pretty much useless through the presents smashing phase. It makes no sense that with 3 brawling WM players we get through this fairly easy but with might its virtually impossible.
    • Like x 3
  15. BugReporter2000 Active Player

The feat counter for "destroying presents" doesnt work correctly.
    • Like x 2
  16. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Where can i sign at?
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Normal feedback:
    Batman who Laughs fight: The smoke DoT that happens after you step into the poison does more damage than if you just stood outside and took his AOE. It puts a huge strain on the healer and outpaces the healer. I don't know if it is tuned to the elite version's poison cloud, but it's way safer to just not go into the poison cloud at all. Please look at this.
    • Like x 2
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I had problems on the bouncy phase to, tons of adds, and dmg from the spheres, as well as the might dps not being able to destroy the boxes fast enough
  19. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

The One Who Waits (Elite)

Even though 2nd boss fight is easily beatable, Batman Who Laughs HP felt a bit excessive even for an Elite boss. At some point burning him and side bosses became "time killer" activity instead of a challenge.

Last Boss

Mxy Says
    • Some players already reported it above; sometimes players die even if they do the correct emote. Not sure what causing it.
    Dice (bug report)
    • This bug happened to me a few times. When I smash the dice while a pet near me, the white number is placed on pet's head instead of me.
    • Another bug: While im not 100% sure of that, lets say if a player smash a dice and get number 1 on his head and then when another player smash a dice while the guy with number 1 near him, they both get the number of second smashed dice (lets say new number is 3). But alert is still accounting the very first number for guy who smashed the first dice(which was number 1). In this case both players think its 6 cogs in total but actually its just 4 cogs. As a result it can lead to a wipe. Again, this bug might need testing again because its was a bit oversight.
    Present Part (bug)
    • The feat "Return to Sender" seems like does not function properly. I think its either personal feat or does not count the destroyed presents (personal ones nor the ones which group members destroy).
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I have to agree about the health of BWL. The second encounter and the only boss in the whole instance, it just takes long and it breeds the damage check "sweaty" dps.