Test Discussion Episode 42: Ally - Batman Who Laughs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I'm seeing two bugs related to Luck of the Draw following the latest hotfix:

1. The card visual effects are cutting off early.

2. Batman Card is not increasing Precision when it procs. It is increasing Might, Restoration, Vitalization, and Dominance.
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

#1 is a known issue and resolved internally. We'll get #2 resolved tomorrow.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Toxic Encore behaving correctly in this situation?

I use Fear Gas on the 5 NPC group to get a 834 not-crit benchmark. I then use Photon Blast on the low health solo sparing target to proc the Batman card. I then use Photon Blast on the full health 5 NPC group to activate the debuff. The follow-up Fear Gas does 896 non-crit ticks.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you swap to Lucky Draw while in combat, there are some weird visual effects glitches:

See the rapid card procs visual effect at 6-7 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Here are the results after the fix. Tested at 7:53 p.m. pst 12/1/2021: using tank build on spar bots.

Out of 44 flips of Luck of Draw:
    15 flips of Gaea
    10 flips of batman
    9 flips of Frigor
    10 flips of enigma

Stat changes on the Batman Flips
    might from 59917 to 62524
    resto from 31091 to 32443
    Dom from 30808 to 32136
    Vit from 16837 to 17639
    Prec is not changing, bugged.

Gaea changed Health from 326178 to 344503

Frigor is adding the intended crits.

I see the Enigma card come on but I can't really test the increased power regen, as I only had the RSK and Grim keeping me in
    combat.
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I noticed while testing Luck of the Draw tonight that it can sometimes take a while for the passive to proc when you are first going into combat. It takes about 7 seconds for the passive to proc in this video:
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I was wondering how the passives from the Batman Who Laughs interacted with other allies and artifacts. Here are some findings.

Toxic Encore Debuff Stacking
    For this particular test, I was wondering if Toxic Encore would stack with other existing debuffs and what kind of damage totals I would see in Controller Role. I used Fear Gas as a benchmark since it has no damage variance. I made sure not to apply any power interactions.

Base (Non-Crit):
    1471 per tick

Heartbreak Trinket Debuff:
    1582 per tick

Toxic Encore :
    1711 per tick

Amulet of Rao Debuff:
    1731 per tick

Amulet of Rao Debuff+Toxic Encore:
    1886 per tick

Amulet of Rao Debuff+Toxic Encore+Heartbreak:
    2080 per tick

So yes, they do stack if you can get the timing down. Doing that in reality would be kind of tricky. Ideally you'd let your team know a few seconds ahead of time so you can time all of your hardest-hitting attacks to land at the moment when the debuffs are stacked.

Other Toxic Encore Observatrions
    1. I did verify that just equipping Amulet of Rao does not boost Toxic Encore. Rao only boosts Controller debuffs.
    2. I was wondering how Toxic Encore would behave with Nature's Gorilla-Form Impaling Thorns. It is an AoE Finisher. What I found is that Toxic Encore's first finisher will only proc if your primary target is below 45% health. You can't just hit something with your AoE that is below 45% and have the first part proc.

Luck of the Draw Power Regeneration
    Testing this proved to be inconvenient. You can't use sparring targets since they will replenish your power supply. So you have to be in combat with an actual enemy that is hitting back. Since it can take several minutes for the Power Regen Card to proc and you can't use sodas, you have to be very selective about which NPCs you use for testing. I found the LexCorp Turrets in Doomed Washington D.C. to be the best alternative. They hit you for a small amount of damage every few seconds. After entering combat with a Turret, I would empty my power bar, remain in combat, and see how long it would take to fill back up. So here are the results from that testing using a Superpowered Build:

Base (No Allies):
    20 seconds

Cyborg Equipped:
    15 seconds

Engima Card Proc:
    12 seconds

Enigma Card Proc+Cyborg:
    7 to 8 seconds

These tests took quite a while to run since Enigma Card wasn't proccing for me very much today.

The Enigma Card Proc + Cyborg combination was very noticeable. Large chunks of my Power were being recovered per second.
    • Like x 3
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The delay on getting Luck of the Draw to proc seems even worse after the latest hotfix.

Example #1:

I logged in and went to attack a turret. I enter combat at 2 seconds. It takes until 30 seconds for the first card to proc.

Example #2:

I relogged after Example #1 and enter combat at 4 seconds. It takes until 20-21 seconds for the first card to proc.

Example #3:

I was idle several minutes before this video started and enter combat at 2 seconds. It takes until 16 seconds for the passive to proc.

Can the timing for the card proc be adjusted?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I think Toxic Encore may have some timing issues too:

5 seconds - I use Photon Blast to proc the initial trigger for Toxic Encore
    5 to 10 seconds - I defeat the mob group without using Photon Blast again
    17 seconds - I use Photon Blast on a new mob group to trigger the debuff
    23 seconds - I use Photon Blast and proc the initial trigger for Toxic Encore

How long can I hold a proc before I have to use it? Why did the initial trigger for Toxic Encore proc again so quickly? 23 - 5 = 18 seconds.

EDIT:
    A different example:
    • Like x 1
  10. Ranmaru Developer

"Can the timing for the card proc be adjusted?"

Sadly due to the functionality of the system it checks every 30 seconds even when out of combat, and to protect the player from getting dubious extra procs there might end up being a delay at times for when the card activates in combat.

That being said we can investigate a new tech solution for this issue but not at the present moment.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Doing some more testing on Toxic Encore, I believe there is a general bug related to Form transformations and reducing the cooldown for Toxic Encore. Here is an example while using the Central City Trinket:

17 seconds - Photon Blast triggers the 1st stage bomb proc.
    23 to 24 seconds - Use Central City Trinket
    29 seconds - Photon Blast triggers debuff
    36 seconds - Photon Blast triggers the 1st stage bomb proc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What is the maximum duration a person is supposed to be able to wait between setting up the bomb proc and being able to use the debuff? I know the bomb proc falls off after a while. I initially thought it was 6 seconds, but that doesn't always appear to be the case. I wait 10 seconds in this video without trying to do anything fancy:

1 Second - Photon Blast triggers 1st stage bomb proc
    10 to 11 seconds - Photon Blast triggers debuff
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Here is a new one related to Toxic Encore. I only had to setup one bomb effect to be able to cast multiple consecutive debuffs:

6 seconds - Photon Blast triggers the 1st stage bomb proc.
    10 to 12 seconds - Swap targets and use Stealth
    14 seconds - Photon Blast triggers the debuff effect on the 5 target group
    19 seconds - Photon Blast triggers the debuff on the solo target

EDIT:
    Same bug using Central City Trinket:
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Does Toxic Encore not work on bosses? Kind of stupid if it doesn't.
    • Like x 1
  15. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

It doesn't seem to work on bosses. It is pretty stupid and it should be buffed so that it can proc on bosses.
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Absolutely. If it doesn't work on bosses then it it absolutely useless in my honest opinion.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The only reason I leveled it was to use on bosses. If it’s not a bug, then the whole exercise was a waste.
    • Like x 2
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

It will work on bosses. To a lesser extent than non bosses but you will get a defense debuff on them soon.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Is there a reason why it will be lesser on bosses than non bosses? I mean, you already have to get him to 6 to get the passive and at that cost, it really kind of bad that it will be lesser on bosses. Considering single target it usually used the most on bosses.
    • Like x 2
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are reasons why but I'm giving it some more thought and leaning towards it behaving the same on any NPC.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.