Dev Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol I'm not against prec players. And I do realize now that he was talking about npcs attacks. But I swear, blast adaptor seemed to melt.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They've said before that for this episode the "Event" version is not really like traditional Event versions, it's just the levelling versions of the content (i.e. the original versions). We should be getting more traditional Event content as normal from the next episode onwards.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I've been noticing the same thing. Prec damage in STU content is out of control once again. Seems like it might be about time for another rebalancing.
  4. Time Beacon Active Player

renown isn't dropping off penguin in iceberg lounge solo elite, and he is dropping 280 loot too
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

The reason why precision damage is higher is pretty simple to explain.

1. Time/damage output (Brawling, Dual wield)
    2. Crits (Chances and output base hit damage)
    3. HP of enemys
    4. No cooldowns

If you look at what the Brawling and Dual wield combos have in common, you will find out that both of them do hit with alot "medium" hits, which is mathematicly better based on their timing and crits.

For example you have 5x 5000 damage hits, compared to maybe dot or high hit output with might lets assume 3x 1000, 2x6000, 1x10000 both 25000 in total.
    lets say 3x crits 2x 1000 1x10000 compared to 3x 5000*, therefore alot of fast medium hits are better than alot low or high hits. Specificly if you go against adds, lets say an add has 5000 HP left and you hit it with 10000 you´ve only done 5000 damage while losing the other 5000, if it been a crit like 20000 you even lost 15000. Worse if your attack will be on cooldown. Which is the key here, precision has no cooldown, you´re unlimited in constant ~same amount of damage output.

You can see that this effect is higher in high content compared to stat clamped content, due to the fact that crits getting nerfed at specific percentages there.

That´s also a reason why gadgets can be more effective as other might powers, the base damage of fear gas etc. is at a "medium" level with about the same hit high for each hit, now having those crit + time/damage bonus due to clipping makes it become better as other powers who might hit lower or "to high" wasting crit chances per hit.

And since people basicly "glitching" the delay time with brawling/dual wield its more a question about what devs allow to happen.

*base damage 12000 vs 15000, assuming it would have crit high of 100% 24000 vs 30000 damage output.
  6. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

People like you get things nerfed yet are nowhere to be seen when it's rendered unusable.
    "Balance" in a nutshell
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Nothing I do gets anything done in this game as seen by all my ignored bug posts. But calm yourself sweet cheeks, no ones caring about prec anymore since it's already weak for the amount of effort it takes without nerfs
  8. MiLady Well-Known Player

Why are the devs choosing the longest content with the most mechanics? It definitely not an alt friendly choice. I would like to play all of my alts, but these long solo/duo/alert/raids are eating up a lot of my time. I would have hoped the Dev's would have chosen content that was most played, not least played. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why does everything in the Batman Save The Universe have low health? Health pools really need to be looked at going forward.

Iceberg Lounge (Elite) - Pengbot boss hits a little hard at points but besides that I don't know what makes it elite content, besides the name and rewards. I genuinely haven't recognised any difficulty here compared to how the solo is otherwise.

Inner Sanctum (Elite) - Most of the adds, second and last boss have really small health. Brother Eye is basically an add at this point.
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Stop getting prec nerfed. It's not prec. It's gadgets and SS. It's never been prec. Every time I see someone posting how op prec is, they are always gadgets
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

One more thing I will add is that you can beat the elite alert without healer. Family Reunion literally has no mechanics, a very long "tank and spank" alert....
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The roleless buff isn’t working in the central city part of the alert. All the more noticeable considering there’s 100000000000000000000000000 respawning adds.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To add to this, I’m thinking it’s not working because the area is technically an open world due to being shared with other groups. As soon as we enter the “private” alternate Gotham, it’s active again. Could y’all maybe make an exception here, pretty please? :)
  14. Myoxz Well-Known Player

The Solo, Alert and Raid missions from Save the Universe, still have the description from Superman's event.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Future Save the Universe Elite content:

I would like to address Elite difficulty in general and what makes Elite - Elite.

Elite doesnt just mean higher numbers. It means mechanics and know-how aswell as coordination on a higher level than usual.

This seemed to be forgotten about while making Fos 2 E and Inner Sanctum Elite.

I personally dont care about the daily Elite alert or the daily Elite Solo/Duo. Those are okay the way they are and dont need additional tweaks in my opinion.

Raids however, do very much need additional tweaks. Its already too late for Fos2E / IsE and it wont be the same for Throne of the Dead Elite, since it's been an established Elite raid before and was working well.

For the future:

I would like to see in both raids' elite versions to get some work put into before they return. And, if you plan on doing more content for Save the Universe, to get the same treatment to upcoiming raids that havent had an Elite version yet.

(I know about the circumstances and limited time this went over with. Omnibus had a clear priority - wich is good. Now that most Omnibus content seem to go well, you will hopefully find some time to fix the Save the Universe Elites). :)
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Please please PLEASE can we have the roleless buff in the Central City part of Family Reunion normal? This has been a miserable weekend. :(
  17. kingmonkey Active Player

If this has already been addressed, forgive me for taking space, but a lot's been said and I couldn't see my specific concern.

Now that Save the Universe and Omnibus (especially Omnibus) have us traipsing across all of DCUO, can we have the powers of our adaptive augments be integrated? Not the stat bonuses, but the content-specific bonuses. It's a bit of a momentum killer to pop into an instance (again, especially Omnibus) and have to sort out which adaptive augments to install in our heads, or worse yet, forget to do it at all then suffer undue disadvantage because we didn't know we were hopping into Metal Part 2 today.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Roleless Buff is STILL missing from the central city part of Family Reunion!!!! Please please PLEASE add it :( This is causing me so much distress.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It might also help if the paradox adds weren’t hitting harder than raid enemies! 170k from a hunter’s jump slam!
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Themiscira divided feedback:

Can the first part of the alert get changed, so only one of those flags needs to be set? This alert will be tediously long and this would help streamlining it a bit, making it more fun and worth rerunning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.