Dev Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

Yesterday I queued my 4 man group to the regular phantom zone. We went in and noticed being clamped; thinking i made a mistake, i made sure it was the regular mode, not the event mode. Sure enough, we were taken into the clamped version again. Decided to use the on-duty to get to the regular up-scaled PZ.

Not so easy, PZ.
    • Like x 1
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

I´m unsure if the actual development principe is nerf, after only a few people joining forums crying for it.

Im not often giving advice to people which normaly should know better, but devs or Millbarge mainly...log on the live servers ask in LFG or System chat what people feel about specific instances. Those who dont have a problem with it, not going into the forum or discord saying it works fine. Therefore try to get real ingame feedback, trust me that will work better for the future of the game!
    • Like x 1
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Whats going on with Phantom zone elite?

August 28 hotfix notes:
    • Elite: Reduced damage from Jor-El AI's Spike Wave
    • Elite: Reduced damage from Zul's Encase
    • Elite: Zul fight has a slight damage adjustment overall (lower)
    None of these changes hit live server. In addition its not only spike wave of jor el doing the 1 shots. His fist slam, energy pull, crystal snare etc etc almost every aoe attack he does 1 shots they players except tanks. Even his basic combat moves (block breaks brawling combos) hitting tanks like a truck.

Any words?
    • Like x 6
  4. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I have been in over a dozen groups now on 4 and 8 and been the only one left alive after just seconds. This is even after getting people on board with all the rules for playing each boss (which many had now idea about). I have beaten them with the top tier groups that play just right as have others but that seems to be the rare not the norm. I see people rage posting in the Legends Hall about it all and then come on to the forum where we are supposed to share it just to read the usual suspects saying nothing to see here and it's the best update ever.

I hope the endless buzz online and the hour long waits would will give more of a wake up call then the usual suspects nay saying. And it is literally the same ones in every thread nay saying any critique of the game. Obviously we love the game that's why we are paying and playing. We come here to make the devs alert to issues.

Very disappointed but not surprised.
    • Like x 1
  5. Liightmare dc Active Player

To add to this it doesn’t seem like any of the patches really made a difference in pze fos 2e. Still getting 1shotted even though we’re blocking. The only thing that seems to work is phase dodge and Amazonian deflect.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

So, I have a question about the clamped event version of the instances. Is it intended to no longer go back into the boss fight when you die?

Yesterday, I queued for FOS2 event and no one was coordinating during the last boss. People would rush in a start it and lock players out. Especially since there are no repair bots near the boss area, one has to figure out how to get back to the start to repair. It was a nightmare and after being ignored about coordination, I excused myself from the group. This was on my lower alt.

This instance is fun, but it requires coordination and event versions ALWAYS have difficulty when it comes to mechanics.

Also, in all versions, the tentacles that are around the switches are hitting way too hard. For the event version, the floaty balls are just as bad as the upscaled unclamped version.
    • Like x 1
  7. jolaksi Well-Known Player

BUMPING AGAIN

Like... whats going on? At least tell us "fix for PZe and Fos2 elite coming out at .......... date." Can we get a confirmation? Its been a week and nobody ran these instances in proper way....

DEVS?
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Ok... So pugged PZ event and... That's not event. The damage is way out of line. The amount of health the bosses have and the amount of damage they can do is just too extreme. There is no way to pug it as a new player. The fact the portals were removed from boss fights makes it worse.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tros Well-Known Player

Any tips for Completing LB? first and second was ok for me, but the last one was horrible, can u explain what we was doing wrong and what we could do to finish it?
  10. Liightmare dc Active Player

So what’s the plan for fos 2 elite? I’m reading a lot of patch notes for omnibus but nothing for fos2e. As an endgame player endgame content is the reason for me to log in. And if it’s bugged then there’s no reason for me to log on. I understand the need to make changes but it seems like endgame players are taking a major step back this dlc. Unlimited source marks doesn’t do anything for you when you have most of the 200 arts 600+ sp and nothing to buy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There's no traditional "event" version this time around, the lowest version is just the stat clamped original versions of the content. Things should go back to the status quo from the next episode on (event, normal and elite modes).
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, i spent 4 hours in PzE yesterday...

This time the changes hit live.
    Our main set up was 1 Tank 1 Heal 1 Troll 1 Dps.

1.Boss - a phased fight. Hard but doable.
    2.boss - with the healer being max range at all time, doable aswell. (we had non there)
    3.Boss - thats where the fun began.

We had Zod and Ursa. Ursa does her 180° laser that 1 hits (unless you block with a water or SC shield on). This laser usually starts on the aggro drawing tank - but sometimes it doesnt...

So, since its pretty much impossible to start off with her we focused Zod first. Zods swoop attack still has no tell (emote or skull). So, at the start its kinda random if you get a 1 hit as Troll or Dps. Then after some damage, Zod goes up and does his massive laser. Thats essentially our damage phase. A few seconds before the laser ends you have to block because he will randomly swoop attack something.
    Then hes doing 1 or 2 more 1hit moves wich you have to keep blocking through. So in total you block for 15 seconds shortly before his big laser ends and then continue killing adds and Zod.

Then the phased fight with ursa starts and you have to wait until the laser is over before you can go close and damage her.
    I ended up flying so the laser cant hit me when ursa does it on the ground.

As you might tell from my description we ended up with a 2 Tanks 1 Battleheal 1 Battletroll setup.

Here's the reason, Ursas whirlwind attack can obliderate any tank in seconds that stands too close. That, by itself, is no big deal since the other attacks are pretty managable for the tank. However, because the laser is pretty much a guaranteed one hit, the tank has to keep ursa facing the left side of the group in order to not make her do the laser through the room.
    Now, thats impossible to consistently do while kiting them. Thus we ended up with 2 Tanks.

Final conclusion:

Its doable but still hard until Last boss. Ursas laser needs to be blockable (without a shield) and shouldnt start on any other than the tank. Ursas whirlwind attack needs a damage reduction so its face-tankable and Zod needs some tells for the swoop attack and the attack where he lunges randomly and encases someone in ice.

So far, if you dont have a 2 Tank set up and you dont get ursa at 2nd Boss, disband.

By the way, you only drop 2grains of time more. For the effort required even after more nerfs, they should sit at around 10 in total instead of 8.

Also, exploit: with super strenght you can carry the crates at LB out of the boss room so you dont have to worry as much about the adds as usual.
  13. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure you not In the same elite alert.
    Jokes aside:)

1st Boss: It's feasible, but I was hopping more.
    A delay AEO pull that one shots if not blocked and a skull for spikes would have made this boss far more interesting.
    Now it feels about the same as before, but less damage.

2nd Boss:
    Zul/Ursa
    The easiest fight ever was. Literally if you have a good tank it should be a breeze. It is fine as it is.

Zul/Non
    The hardest stuff in the world if you only have one tank.
    Non always charges to the furthest person in room.
    Everytime Non does either a charge or frost breath a ground slam follows. However, if possible could we have a graphical indicator like hydra has? Its really hard to tell the range of that move.
    Personally, I really had a blast in that elite alert, but if you compare it to fos2 elite is at least twice the difficulty.

Zod/Non
    I did a few attempts and even knew the mechanics, but we decided to disband.

I still believe people should be forced to run all content to get full renown instead of spamming the easiest route, either be fos2 elite 1st Boss or the meme FFe raid.
  14. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

In regards of Ursa you as a tank can force her to always hit the wall and fail completely the laser. She does her fire ball attack like she does on lpve legends and then starts her laser slightly to the left in a clockwise direction.
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes, but for that you need to facetank or else there is a chance of her hitting the group while kiting.. and because of her whirlwind attack that doesnt work... . I had fun in there too but its supposed to be a daily instance so i guess an average run of 30 minutes is a bit overtuned and thats when everything is 1st try. :D
  16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

There is a huge issue with Save The Universe event versions.

The thing is when you'd play alerts or raids in their event versions during the past it was way easier and it would help people catch up if you were behind with gear and such. Now it's definitely not as easy it just feels like any other omnibus run. Not that there is a super bad thing it's just not coherent with what you've done in the past. More so that in the Flashpoint alert event version you could run it with 4 dps and for this you do need at least a healer that actually knows how to heal at least to a certain degree or a proper tank I had a hard time and long time completing that event version with my low level character while testing it because exactly that it was not tunned well.

More so that this time around there is not many event parts now to do with low characters. While you had acesss to the whole episode with flashpoint like open world, and then 2 raids and 1 alerts, that was removed and now you can only do 1 solo, 1 alert and 1 raid. I'd say if you wanted to be new player friendly to bring back those flashpoint event versions.
    Or then adjust accordingly the event versions for Save The Universe content.

Same with the raid since it's basically just the omnibus version. Hope the feedback helps and it's kept in mind for future content at the very least.
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Phantom Zone Elite the first Boss Hand Clap ranged attack is tuned WAY TOO HIGH, it's a one shot for DPS, Troll and Healer.

Prec damage is tuned a bit too high in general in the clamped material but for the elites it's off the charts... I'd rein that in a bit.
    • Like x 3
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We were noticing that too I think. About the prec damage. A bunch of us were in clamped fos2 and all were might builds. Or weapon taps meltedddd. We each probably have 100sp into prec since why not but it did seem like weapons hit really hard compared to our lesser might attacks.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think he’s talking about NPC precision damage.
    • Like x 2
  20. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

No its not, don't even try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.