Dev Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Welcome to the Save the Universe thread.

Save the Universe takes past content and levels it up to End-Game CR Levels for you to enjoy.
    Please post any feedback or issues you find.

Visit Rip Hunter and his Time Sphere in the House of Legends for a Weekly Mission.

Currently Available: Release 1 (Superman Content).
    • Science Spire (Solo)
    • Phantom Zone (4-Player Operation)
    • Fortress: Power Core (8-Player)

Event, Normal and Elite versions are available for play in the Save the Universe section
    Event: This is the Leveling Version of the content and can be run for reduced difficulty and rewards.
    Normal: CR 327 Required. End-Game level content
    Elite: CR 327 Required. End-Game Elite level content

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Normal Phantom Zone is rewarding Source Marks in addition to Grains of Sand for each boss fight.
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Can't reset the Phantom Zone alert.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

When running the end game version of the raid, are we supposed to get the same amount of options to pick from on each of the 6 bosses? is the event gear supposed to be on those options too?
    I just ran the normal end game raid on my main who is currently 339, and i had at least 3 bosses give me just 2 options to pick from and both of those were event gear drops. The other bosses had 4 options of gear (2 were event gear and 2 were regular end game drops). The ones that just had 2 options gave me a completely random piece of end game gear after picking between the 2 event pieces so at least there wasn't much of a loss but why are those random pieces? is it intended for them to be random?
    The event gear was level 280 and the end game gear was 294, 296 and 298.
    The ones that i'm sure had 4 options were the assassin and the avatar fight. Power girl, supergirl and bizarro i'm sure just had 2 options, the Jor-El AI fight i'm 90% sure had 4 options too but not entirely sure on that one.
    It seems so weird to have them be like that.
  5. Sir Freeze Active Player

Playing on fos 2 elite the prime assasin pull its broken sometimes it doesnt pull u at all and it still kills u even if u blocking,
    • Like x 4
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Is the regular Phantom Zone alert supposed to not have roleless buffs?
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Both the elite raid and alert are wildly overtuned on live. Invisible one shots all over FoS2 and PZ behaving like it's round 25 of survival mode.

What happened here to let these go to live like this?
    • Like x 5
  8. ItsSeven Level 30

FoS2e is genuinely so much fun. I think my group was the first to beat it and it’s the most engaging raid we’ve had in a while imo. There is little room for error. The only thing I’d change is maybe add a tell to the Avatar of Meta’s beam because it is pretty hard to telegraph and ends up feeling like it’s RNG. Also, the whips feel like they are random one shots as well, but apart from that the raid is really fun.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Solo Elite: overall, first boss still has problems. He reset on me when it lost line of sight. I missed a crystal and bee lined it to the pillar. Also, which add can panic you? As I ended up dying because I got panicked and was just running around the crystal and couldn't break out. This was pretty much my experience from the 3 runs i did. Truthfully, this instance is not fun. I actually enjoyed the elite duo, but this solo is meh...

FoS2e: what can I say? We couldn't get past the first boss as he would one shot random players with no tell through block at a distance.

I played only normal PZ and I also played the original one. Difficulty was pretty much the same, which I don't know how to feel about that... Aside from the health making it take longer to defeat, PZr is just more annoying version of the original clamped one. Maybe if I got more gear... IDK.

Anyways, the elite content is kind of making me want to skip it this time again.
    • Like x 4
  10. Zamara Dedicated Player

I thought elite instances rewarded more currency? I ran the elite solo earlier on my main and got 3 grains, ran the regular on an alt and got the same 3? i was honestly expecting 1, not sure if intended. Seemed weird as it dropped 1 and a bundle of 2 separately.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I only had time to run the elite solo last night as it was pretty late over here when the EU server came back up, but I noticed that I was getting event level gear in the loot picker alongside the regular gear. Naturally when I spotted the blue gear I chose that over the green, but then when I went to open it up I realised it said it scales up to a maximum item level of 280, whereas the green gear goes up to 294. Is it a bug that the event level gear is in there too?
  12. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

PZ is not cross-faction so one of our league mates was unable to switch to their villain inside. Are there plans to make this cross-faction?
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, can confirm it happened in our league too.

I don't know why, but I believe it is ordered event on top, then at level for original instance, then 294+ gear, with finally the other options.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah I found that out the hard way lol. I'll just have to make a conscious effort to actually read the item levels before picking the gear I want instead of just going for whatever colour is higher in rarity.
    • Like x 1
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

I want to echo all of this as it happened to me as well. I don't mind Venz being a tough kill but the adding of a panic-inducing add during the Kyrptonite drop along with his resetting if he loses LOS on you during his AE makes this more a contest of chance on the timing of the panic than skill.

The final boss fight is fine though. I just had to find the right placement and powers (and even then it was a bit closer than it was on Test, but it's much more inline with what you should expect from Elite content).

***Alert: We tried running the Alert last night, Jor-El AI does some vicious one-shots with no tells (even tearing through our tank's shield). We made it as far as getting the first set of crystals thrown after multiple attempts (admittedly, our first runs were bad because it's been a loooong time since any of us had to respect the Jor-El AI). The tweaks I would recommend at this point is Jor-El a better tell for his one-shots and/or take some of his ability to pierce shields down a little, also either drastically drop his aggro wipes or remove them altogether (due to the one-shot nature on non-tanks combined with the 2-death minimums for the Elite content).

***This is an early assessment of Jor-El and I had to leave after a half-dozen attempts so it's not like we had a ton of time put into really feeling it out. It may be that we simply didn't find the right placement and routine yet, will know more after this weekend.
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Chance is a good description for this fight. Makes it very frustrating that he has a sliver of health and you are trying to pick up the crystal only to be panicked and run around in a circle around the rock to die and have to hope you can get through it again.

Yes, I agree. The final boss is balanced pretty well. Watching for the bombs while dealing with his mechanics makes it for actually the more enjoyable parts of the instance. It's the first boss that needs fixing.
    • Like x 1
  17. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

After completing Power Core Elite last night, I also believe it should be kept as is, aside from last boss where the tentacle slam, yellow ball transparency (metapulse or something like that) and the annoying laser should all be looked at. The other bosses could use health increases, and the first boss's pull is not random so I believe it is fair.
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The first boss’s pull isn’t random? Tell me more. I died half a dozen times in normal today and I have no idea what I did wrong.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yaiba Committed Player

You want to stay close to the boss (watch out his stomp), you will dodge the pull all the time.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thank you. The most infuriating part of these earlier raids for me is that they tell you absolutely nothing. 2014 me would have really, REALLY loved to know that being in movement mode makes Avatar Of Meta angry, for example.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.