Test Discussion Episode 41: Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice4All New Player

Ran FoS elite and couldn't get past 2nd boss because of his one shot pull and one shot furnace blast. Is this intended? I mean the boss even pulled us one by one from the other side of the room.
  2. AssassinKrys New Player

FoS Elite is currently broken due to allies:
    • Any boss can be permastunned by batman due to acquaman's cooldown reset. Strategy is put as many SCs as possible, use scrap of soul cloak and spam batman, bosses do not move due to being stunned permanently and die without doing anything
    • First boss, if not using the above strategy, oneshots with pull attack if no shield is used, healer/personal, sometimes even through that. Defense at 60k with 160k health for reference. Pull should not oneshot on live server stats though, cannot confirm, tank did not die to that attack though so the more defense/hp the better i guess?
    • Second boss, if not using batsy spam, does virtually no damage to tank, adds are perma-stunnable and do 0 damage anyway, you can just ignore and melt the boss, ground pound does 0 damage if grey area.
    • Last boss, again if not using batsy spam strategy, provides virtually no risk, tank can stay at distance and eat anything he throws at him, even multiple tentacles through shield, tank was rage performing this. On the other hand anything that hits you as any but tank will most likely oneshot you, surely if not blocking, most likely can survive with shield. Boss does 3x laser beam at random(?) player, one shotting across the map, virtually no range, just oneshot damage, also no skull.
    • Miniboss 1, 0 risk infinite lives it's just filler
    • Miniboss 2, the 2 bosses can wipe the group unlikely though.
    • Split part: the adds have so little health half rotation will kill them on live server, they surely don't feel like alert adds, you can split without 2 tanks 2 heals.
    • Funny enough batsy strat does not appear to work on minibosses.
    • No other allies have been tested with this strat, since batman's ST damage is the strongest there's no point using others.
    • Bridge is honestly a waste of time, you can throw the rock and get there at almost full timer, you can cheese it without doing any damage, tanks with pulls that don't stun, e.g. rage, can pull adds infinitely, alternatively use lasso artifact and profit.
    • No idea if bosses have enough health, considering the amount of batmans hitting the boss I believe they did most of the damage to them, we're just fillers calling flashpoint batman to do the job.
    • Overall the higher the damage the easier the raid, kinda like any other raid in this game, but with the nice cliche of batman absolutely annihilating bosses with Crowd control & pure damage, the dude's guns are something else.
    • Last boost loot is given before the boss dies, it's given after the first phase, when we need to activate the 2 cores stuff, after killing 1 tentacle. When boss dies no loot is given, because it's given before.
    • Tentacles at last boss, the ones that we need to kill to activate core stuff are broken, they have 5k hp, same hp as normal tier 3 raid has (?). Although they have garbage hp they can still massacre players.
    • Like x 2
  3. AssassinKrys New Player

At the moment the raid elite is absolutely useless,because you just need batman for finish it.
    Batman does all the work alone, it look like event mode

• Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Walk-in version of FoS 2 in Watchtower, Prime Assassin is rewarding 3x Grain of Time and 2x Source Marks as rewards.
    • Like x 1
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ok. Seems odd no longer having level 12's in Events, but they were generally a hinderance anyway. Also seems odd that CR 30's will be able to get Episode Currency for the Event version of Power Core, but not be able to do the Solo or Alert. But consistency was never a goal.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Fos 2 elite raid as others said fix the allies also the difficulty on the Tank is extremly low scale it up way higher unless it is intented for us to quit the game a week after again like in episode 40 due to low elite raid difficulty.

The adds the bosses are harmless to the Tank solo tankeable with previous episode stats.

Fos 2 was famous because it had high tanking difficulty which many old raids had in common too.

Hope to see some significant adjustments in this topic.
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Fos 2
    1) Prime could get a buff on healing from the crystals.
    2) Throwing the rock should reset it and the adds that attack the rock should have CC/pull immunity.
    3) Not sure if its too late for that, but in elite we should get 2 bosses at once in the fight agaisnt brainiac meta and extra bosses for Jor-El (maybe controlled steel or controlled metallo from SM), right now it looks like a poor copy paste and not very enjoyable.
    4) Last time I checked there were no feats, but there should be a bunch of elite feats + elite speed feat or this wont last very long.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

1) yes I agree. If I remember correctly it used to heal a lot back in the day.
    2) the crystal/rock should be marked as fragile. If you throw it, it breaks
    3) I don’t know if I agree with a second boss. The adds should do more damage and more adds should spawn. Or even elite fortress defense units should spawn. Something that makes sense within what’s happening with the raid.
    4) there can’t be any feats tied to the actual content. The dlc will rotate maps (raids/on duty content) each month for 3 months. So this means if you can’t get on you will completely miss the feats. And also this will be turned to an event which will feature other raids. It just wouldn’t fit with the type of content this will be
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ah, realized the other thing that's bothering me. Let's project forward to the next Episode. In Novemberish Episode 42 will drop with (probably) 3 brand new instances and an open-world. Being an new end-game Episode the minimum CR will be around 335. If we follow the example of Episode 41, then the minimum CR for Event, Regular & Elite will all be 335.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did they Buff Science Spire Elite??

It was a bit more difficult today somehow.

Also it did not give a reward Box.

And the second time I played it it did not give any Elite reknown.
    • Like x 1
  11. Millbarge Developer

Just wanted to throw a post in here letting you all know that I'm collecting your feedback. Currently, I am working on getting the Quickplay menus and the new On Duty squared away. Today's push to PCTest should have all of that stuff restructured.

I've made a couple of changes to Science Spire but have not had a chance to do much with Phantom Zone or Fortress: Power Core. Those changes should be expected next week.

Over the next few days (likely before the weekend), we will also be releasing the Batman Content in the Save the Universe section of the new UI (and can also be selected in the custom play menu).

If you are using Allies and they are obviously broken, breaking things, hugely OP, etc. Please post that feedback in the Allies thread (I'm sure you already have). If you could though, please change to a different Ally for the remainder of the Save the Universe content you are playing so we can continue to get feedback on difficulty.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 7
  12. RTX Well-Known Player

The question is, how difficult you want it to be? And since you said you made changes for Science Spire for now, i will only focus on that.

Do you want people to be forced to use Soder or a specific Trinket like the Home Turf´s Sidekick? Should it be harder for DPS´s?
    For a Tank it´s probably pretty simple, only more time expensive in any difficulty regular/normal/elite, while a DPS has to watch specific attacks to avoid or getting health back.

And what would be the definition of significantly more difficult, dying alot more or having to spend more time on it?
    (Having to wait for trinket cooldowns, or other timings of stunning etc.)
    • Like x 1
  13. zNot Loyal Player

From what i know they learned from the mistakes they did in last episode that had too easy of elite raids soo im expecting no mercy high difficulty especially on the support rolls (Tank mainly) i hope they arent doing the mistake like last time unless they are fine with ppl leaving the game since it has become so easy
    • Like x 1
  14. RTX Well-Known Player

Well, they have to make it harder then. Which is kinda the problem here, since end game player mostly will have all the mods, trinkets etc.

If you do it without all those it will be a challenge, if we count in a decent loadout and knowledge about it.
    Sidekick, Supply Drop, Orbital Strike...aslong you have those...they pretty much do the job for you already, even if you fail then there will still be your soder left, which also ist 10% more health/power back if you use the Artefact one.
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

CR339. 200 trans/strat/solar. 40 gen mods. 302 augs.

Science Spire Elite. The first boss eye beam attack. Seemingly came out of nowhere after he got up from a counter. Ridiculous amount of damage. He also seems to like doing full auto spams as the Kryptonite drops. You either eat the damage or do the counter. If you counter, you get very close to not having enough time to hit him with the Kryptonite. He ends up doing his attack with under 20% of the timer left on the Kryptonite. If you are late on a counter, I can see you having no time left to follow the mechanic.
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I assume by no mercy you mean extreme damage incoming at all times? If so, hard pass.

I'd perfer tanks be given certain NPCs or attacks to counter rather than just cheapen up the difficulty by pulling the lazy EA Sports style tricks. Have certain deadly attacks that must be countered. Have things like the TotD essence. Difficulty should be so much more than lazy damage (in or out) checks. It should be multi layered intelligent skill based mechanic checks.
    • Like x 5
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There's also a risk of people leaving if the elite raid is too much.
    • Like x 2
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Yes i think the devs do not consider all the buffs and items we have aviable to us these days vs back then thats one of the reasons why ppl be complaining more and more about the low difficulty of elite raids if they want ppl to play their game they gotta give ppl a challenge all these popular raids were ONLY so famous due to their high difficulty
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I have never experienced such thing since most players from what i know do not even try elite as of now there are more and more regular players doing elite over the years since it has becomr increasingly easier
  20. zNot Loyal Player

More frequent mechanics and high incoming damage (how much damage should be determined by the devs specificly those devs that are experienced in this topic such as quitoxic and charon) fos 2 back then the adds would shot a blast that would hit very hard on Expert difficulty if i remember correctly 3 shots and you were dead as ice Tank and they shot frequnelty,now they barely scratch a Tank wherever how much you think is too much i think especially Tanks should be pressured way more like in old content in this case Fos2 it was intense to the tank even the adds and thats what made old raids fun and long lasting aswell as popular.

So yes i agree with you but the tanks job is also to survive tanks have become extremly tanky and this should be considered when adjusting the damage output of aggroable attacks the mechanics etc you are saying i fully agree with but both of these things should be there. High damage output is a absolute must on tanks theres no reason not to do this. Keep in mind we are talking about Elite the biggest challenge the game is suppose to offer for the next 4 ish months untill a new episode comes. Is a harmless elite raid gonna keep people busy? I doubt that give ppl a challenge no mercy,also those old raids kept ppl busy for such a insane amount of time all this due to their high tanking difficulty you needed a good tank or u would never pass it and i personally absolutly love such design one good elite raid was also false idols elite it was heavy on the Tanks and is also considered as hard elite raid also darksides war factory all these top raids have things in common high tanking difficulty now in a ideal world they would design a elite raid with high tanking difficulty and design it so that you need 2 Tanks for most of the fights thats my personal favorite thats why these 2 raids were soo good.

TOTD was mainly difficult for a simple reason: a ton of adds that were extremly dangerous with normal attacks and the skull attack of one of the adds where you had to move away from its very simple to increase tanking difficulty we havent seen any of these things really maybe COU E first boss when the eyes come that was good pure high damage output mechanic wise not much to offer but still something that was abit fun without thosr adds that raid wouldve been wayyy worse this simple thing saved that raid

People are so used to easy elite raids that they run solo support rolls a buff troller and just rush through the elite raid such designs for elite should be limited unless as i said the devs are fine with endgame ppl stopping the game it has become a ghosttown in ep 40 shortly after its realase since ppl were hyped to see the new elite raids that turned to be way too easy,i dont get why they arent doing what they did in the first 3 -4 years of DCUO with the raid difficulty.

Fos 2 was back then mostly about the Tank (which alot of the old difficult raids have in common tanking difficutly was high),sadly this over the years become the opposite just all about having as much DPS in the group as possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.