Test Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

Just curious - which iconic would you see as the face of a base item vendor? Definitely nothing for EP41 but can kick the idea around in the future. My first thought was John Stewart since he's an architect but he's going to be the face of League Hall stuff in the future. Though it's not too late to pivot on that actually.

Any other candidates? Heroic or villainous.
    • Like x 4
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Hmm... How about Ambush Bug? Catwoman or someone from Rogues(those guys steal a lot items, you know, so maybe they can sell them:)). Also I think about Penguin.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Ambush Bug maybe? ik he is showing a cutscene though, but he is also a base item himself lol
    Martian Manhunter might also fit

Edit: It will make no sense, but Krypto lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

I do like Catwoman. Hmmm. Cheetah even with her archeologist background or Giganta with her thieving background. Yeah and any of the Rogues - though only a few look good enough currently to be planted in the HoL (a couple of the above will be looking realllly good soon).
    • Like x 4
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Brainiac? remember all the cities, worlds and other smaller things that he collected ...
  7. Eve YouTuber

Awe also what do you think about Brainiac 5 selling base items? Hologram maybe if he does not have a full model
    • Like x 1
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

I legit thought about Brainiac a few minutes ago from all his bottling lol. A few villains I don't see being in the House though... Black Lanterns, Brainiac, Dark Knights, etc. :p

Maybe Brainiac 5.
    • Like x 5
  9. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I can totally see penguin Selling base stuff he in for the money after all.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can you stick elite base items on there? I ran 4 characters through both atlantis elite raids and only got one drop. :( Also did you see my enquiry about martial arts weapon styles for brawling?
    • Like x 2
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

His ugly self needs some upgrades first lol but he could make sense.
    • Like x 5
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Toyman is a possibility if you think in terms of dollhouse furniture. Could use his true form from the Hall of Doom Armory instance, or just use one of his robotic surrogates.

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Toyman
    • Like x 3
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'd have to check with Systems on what would qualify to be on there.

Maybe? Have examples of ones that could qualify outside of store bought weapon packs?
  14. Eve YouTuber

Please don't forget poor Cassie Sandsmark she deserve a new model too :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

My favorite suggestions so far:
    • Catwoman
    • Cheetah
    • Giganta
    • Heat Wave (the only good looking Rogue we have right now)
    • Toyman
    • Penguin (would definitely make a push to get his facelift sooner than later)
    Again, assuming this would be approved of course. We'll see. We do have some voice actors coming in for 42 that could get tapped for this (John Stewart, Giganta, Cheetah) but of course a few of these have enough VO we could cobble something together for vendor VO until the actor comes in again for something else then we snag those few vendor lines from them.
    • Like x 6
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some of the Shadow Daemons in Legion were doing the same with some kind of runic style. I can’t think of any others offhand. It’s more of a general enquiry. I have MA envy, I’ve never really liked the way Brawling styles work. :D
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

How about a base item that is a weapon rack that has a few of the iconic weapons like the artifact weapons from Halls of Power as a reward for completing the feat ?
    • Like x 3
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What about Alfred wearing a face mask like he did in the old 1966 show talking about how he knows how to design a manor and a cave ?
    • Like x 1
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I think from the list the most suitable is Cheetah, her archaeological past is a good excuse for both an armchair and an artifact of a forgotten civilization or aliens ...
    • Like x 3
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Would be nice to have Alfred in the game finally but.. yeah lots of other new people being added before that can happen.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.