Test Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They’re tradable. Rejoice with me. :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Sammy Well-Known Player

Is mother box 3 tradeable too!?
  3. Sammy Well-Known Player

YAY!
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Actually, that’s a good point. Are pets bought from the vendor tradable too? It’d be sweet if I could finish the elite raids on just one character, and buy them to transfer to alts.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disclaimer: this comment has nothing to do with this section.

Whats going on with the healing barrels? Green for healing - makes sense. But why the toxic (dark) green color?

This is highly irritating and doesnt look good in my opinion. Bright green, sure.

I dont get what was wrong with orange, but since it doesnt restore supercharge anymore, it makes sense.

Then again, why not make the "swirls" green and blue since it restores health and power.:)
  6. Brandon-richard Active Player

Don't know if anyone ask but any chance for Black Manta's daggers.
  7. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

From the video I saw it says not tradeable for pets
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

How about iconic weapons(and weapon boxes like Joker's one), it is tradable?

Side note: After color barrels change, description of break N barrels feats must be changed too because it's confusing when in description say "break orange barrels", but barrels are green now...
    • Like x 2
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

For the moment, regarding the store pets, only the Tier 1 pets are freely tradeable and account bound. Tier 2 and Tier 3 were set to be non tradeabe and account bound.

Dropped pets are freely open for trade and not account bound.

The thought process was those hunting the rare drops for themselves and for placing them on the broker for those who don't want to farm, those who don't want to engage the content to unlock headlines for different tiers, and just for those who would rather have the versions that have a feat attached to them.

Those who don't want to work the broker and already have the headlines needed or want to play and get those headlines themselves can buy the tiers they want for source marks. With T1 being free for all on the account, I felt that was a good way to get started with setting up any of your toons with a pet that matches the theme you want and then that toon would advance and engage in that content if they wanted higher tiers - spurning more replayability in that content -1 character on an account being able to do it and getting those pets for as many atls as they want as opposed to alts going out there and working their way up pretty easily for at least T2 pets.

Anyways that was my thought process on it. Not opposed to conversations about it and things potentially changing, just putting it out there that the current decision had some design elements in mind when being made. I see the appeal on the other side of the coin on the topic for sure, it just takes away another reason to play those content chunks, except for those specific intances that have rare drops.

Almost all of the pets have a dropped version of T2 and T3 - almost. I'll add more where they make sense so at least those who don't want to engage that content, there are others that will just to sell them to you. Trying to stimulate various aspects of the system for mulitple game play types.
    • Like x 5
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes they are. Another decision made to allow for more broker activity and more reasons for people to farm various spots in the game for themselves or to feed into the broker for others to obtain,

Good point on text. I know it was brought up but can't recall the verdict. Will mention it on Monday.
    • Like x 6
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s fair enough, I was just curious. I really do appreciate you giving us an opt-out in the post clamp world.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thank you for the iconic Weapons.

In some cases it was the final piece of the puzzle needed to recreate our favorite Iconic characters. :)

So... thanks. ;) :)
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I see weather Wizards wan was added to 1h. very nice want style. Anyone tell Magician? :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 2
  15. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

Will there be a two-handed version of ares sword?
  16. Brandon-richard Active Player

Trying not to be a pest but I just remember Captain Boomerang's boomerangs.
    • Like x 1
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

I added it today and Aqualad's sword as 2h.

Not for launch of this episode.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Would it be possible to include some staff options for some of the other weapons, like , Penguin Umbrella, Joker Crowbar, Harley Quinn Mallet and Gentleman Ghosts cane?
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not any time soon unfortunately. That would require new art to lengthen the asset to make sense as a staff. I was able to get as many as I did due to them not requiring art and me finding assets and doing some client work in order to make them usable. Other art needs for EP42, holidays, chase items, etc will be taking a higher priority for the foreseeable future.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks anyway :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.