Dev Discussion Episode 41: Omnibus Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Red Five, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's been bugged. You can even pop regular Oan Sciencells feats from doing Legends.
    • Like x 1
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Yeah, what he said. We tested it last night. Dack was group lead and queued us up in the Omni and he got credit for doing it and I did not. We swapped to where I was group lead and I queued us up and that time I got credit for the run, but he did not.

This is a real issue, especially for leagues who run stuff together...97% of the time I get on and run things grouped up with my friends, why are people going to want to play for they don't get credit for doing so.
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Omnibus missions should also get credit if we form a group and and que it from Custom Play option. At the end both omnibus and custom play options shares same queues.

We should have option to get credit from specific solo/duo/alert/raid that we choose from Custom Play.

And this is for omnibus raids: Blindly queuing for a raid that will end up having at least 4-5 peoples that dont know mechanics or first timers or having 3 trolls 2 heals 2 tanks in one group because of stubborn players etc. That ALWAYS results with someones leaving of staying afk at beginning of a raid which makes things even more worse. You might say "well form your own group for omnibus raids then" Well thats the issue. Right now nobody bothers with omnibus raids and you just keep shouting for only few peoples to joining because omnibus is so random, nobody wants to bother with it. We want short, quick raids to run and get done with these omnibus missions journal.

And no, this does not defeat the purpose of omnibus. The "blind que" option is still there. Anyone wants it that way can still do that.
  4. Miserable Dedicated Player

The purpose of the Omnibus journal missions is to encourage people to queue Omnibus. If you get credit for not queuing Omnibus, then yes, it literally defeats the purpose of the missions.

The idea is that lower level players who need to complete specific instances to progress will have an easier time getting a queue if there are higher level players queuing Omnibus because they just need source marks but don't care what they run.

That is the main purpose of Omnibus. If you're queuing what you specifically want to run, then you're not contributing to Omnibus, which is completely fine; it's your choice.

By the way, I'm not even disagreeing with your general opinion of Omnibus or making any claims about whether it's a good or bad thing. All I'm saying is that your request to receive credit for a mission with a specific purpose without contributing to that purpose doesn't make sense.

P.S. I should add that the people meant to benefit from Omnibus isn't just lower level players, it could be anyone who needs to run a specific instance for any reason (feat, style, etc.). But in order for anyone to benefit from Omnibus, there needs to be people contributing to Omnibus.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I'm queuing a solo, what lower level player am I helping when I queue Omnibus?...ever?

If I'm in a group of 2 and queue duo, what lower level players benefit by us queueing Omnibus?

If I'm in a group of 4 and queue an alert,....well, you get the rest.

You are talking about conditioning. Queuing Omni when you have a full group only does one thing....it makes us salivate when we hear a bell. If you don't get that look up Pavlov's Dog
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then they need to look very hard at certain instances. There’s a huge difference between getting Prison Break, and getting Darkseid’s War Factory.
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I haven't been able to open any of the treasure lootboxes from episodes, atlantis, justice league dark and forward. They all say I require the episode to open them. I don't know if that will be fixed with server restart? Since I saw some mentions in the hotfix, or that was yesterdays hotfix. But yesterday night I wasn't able to open them.
  8. CurtMagurt89 New Player

Problem is with or without looking at number it is a clamp. I for one am pretty upset with the fact that I have a tank that took me close to 8 months of play to get to 338. In the last 2 days I got another character I was working on for weeks from 119 to 307. That is outrageous I am fine with grinding to get my CR up but this was too fast, Then to lose all that by going into a Tier 3-4 solo just for feats and drops and loose all my hard work and have to slog through. All I'm saying is we are meant to be Hero/Villains why work to get stronger then not be able to use what we've worked towards. I can honestly say that I think I'm done with DC because of this I don't have hours to sit through 1-2 raids and still not finish because we are underpowered due to clamping. Ill be gone till its fixed and from what I've seen on Twitter and FB I'm not the only one.:(
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

I was explaining the purpose of Omnibus and Omnibus missions, but yes, like you've just pointed out, the system isn't perfect. You can get a pre-made group and run just enough Omnibus to get your mission rewards and then not run again until you have to, without ever really "contributing" to the purpose.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Fixed on the hotfix on 8/28. Not last night. If you still have problems after the hotfix, post them.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seeing as solos are an every day thing, I'm not sure why they could not pay from On-Duty solo. When looking at things like the 100 iconic solos for the feat, the 3 base faction renown farming and feats which might require many runs (like 'Happy Hippolyta') it would be nice if that grind we were going to do anyway would fit the bill....since no one else will ever benefit from me running an Omni solo and we won't benefit from running a random solo any more than a targeted one.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m utterly confused by the intent of this update. There’s a quick play button, but why would anyone ever use it? I’ve told people for years not to blind queue anything they couldn’t solo, because it’s a terrible idea if you actually want to get something done. And we’re clamped, hard. See the problem here?
  13. DMeowth New Player

I completed the Bludhaven alert that way on Omnibus and didn't receive any other reward than gear boxes, no source marks on any of the bosses, Was this function supposed to be like that? If yes, it's really bad that way
  14. Kryptonian1738 New Player

Why can’t the weekly missions be complete x amount of solos, duos, alerts and raids together in one mission? I can’t tell you how many people left me in a alert alone because they are inexperienced or the alert is too damn long since we are clamped. Why can’t it be 1 mission in which me have to complete a certain amount of instances but we have the option to run solos only. Make the mission “complete 10 solos,duos, alerts or raids” that would definitely make more people play since they don’t have to que random alerts or raids in which not everyone is experienced
  15. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

One thing I would like to see is on gear rewards like the Unattuned nanotech or black ops gear pieces, Can u say collected or not collected instead of having to pick it and open it and find it's a gear piece I already collected. As I can't remember the style names that they r and if I needed that style piece cause of the name.
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

These boxes offer a choice of rewards that could include scaling gear, generator mods, crafting recipes, augment supplies, and even OP item collections
    Can you remove the op collections from the omnibous quests? Or at least make the collections received account bounded?
    Having the op collections droping like candy is affecting terrible the economy and all the players that like myself waste their time farming thoose collections.
    Thanks in regards.
  17. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I’ve queued and ran duos and alerts through Omibus and don’t get credit for the omibus daily and weekly.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Did I mention No.

These collections dropping from these boxes is a great addition. They should not be removed. These collections are old and people deserve to be able to collect them from this extra location. There's plenty of things in game for you to farm to make money.

They're also not dropping like candy, so let's not exaggerate.
    • Like x 3
  19. SilkyPawz Bunny

Agree 100% with this ^^, I like that they drop many in the game have not completed some of these OP items from running the content for years!
    • Like x 1
  20. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Sorry total disagree with u when the rng is terrible odds. I still can't get certain ones and that's either cause people sell them for too much than I can afford or don't drop for me. It's a gd addition. Only thing I wish they would do is on the gear item rewards like unattuned nanotech or black ops etc I wish it would say collected or not collected on them before u choose it or even open it as I can never remember half the names or if I got that piece or not
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.