Dev Discussion Episode 41: New Daily Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Red Five, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiLady Well-Known Player

Definitely need a timer on the window to show how much time is left before the next day's rewards are available. I log into the game at different times throughout the day. If I play late one day and early the next day, I sometimes wont be able to get the 2nd days' reward because No one knows how the timer is established. If it were consistent (i.e. the daily reset at 9am EST) than i can plan ahead when to log in.
  2. AncientSpirit Active Player

Not sure how this is a "daily" reward. Today, it was all greyed out and told me that it would "reset" in 10 days. I started on Day One, when it opened. So do months only consist of 20 days? I don't get it.
  3. inferno Loyal Player

If everything is greyed it means you have claimed all available rewards so far. I think they're still working on some bugs. It used to show day 21 to 30 but they only contained destiny tokens as intended. The reset in 10 days only means that is the end of the month and that the daily reward is resetting for that month.

I hope they are still working on some things as I only received 3 fate tokens since the free member fate token was not granted.
  4. BSEison Well-Known Player

I have logged in every day this month but for some reason can't claim day 20. And nothing past day 20 shows up on my menu.
    • Like x 1
  5. Designated Well-Known Player

Today´s hotfix 09/23 1 destiny token contains 10 seals of preservation, thank you @mepps, now it is balanced.
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

After a month seeing the system in place, I have a few observations regarding daily rewards :
    • Without individual Nth metal claims for Alts, the monthly aggregate total of Nth metal per account is lower than it used to be. One of the selling points of this change to your Legendary members was supposed to be a higher aggregate Nth metal total. This can be most easily addressed by simply adding a couple of extra Nth metal days to the Bonus week, and increasing the yield of aggregate open world drops a little further.
    • Stabilizer totals are lower for players of ALL account levels after this reorganization. Unless you're planning on phasing out Time Capsules entirely, or doubling the rewards, this is not "better" than it was before. Taking away something from someone else doesn't make the fact that I get more than they do a "better" sell, especially when I ALSO get less than I used to. Please address this.
    • The Bonus Week seems a little lackluster, especially considering that it's only accessible if I log in every single day for a month, which I did do in this case. Rewards should reflect the effort - maybe a Destiny Token or two or some extra Nth Metal drops should be hiding out back in there. Something spicier than "extra Fate Tokens for Styles that I already collected 97% of". And maybe put the old Fractal Skin from the MP on Fate. I miss that look.
    Other than those concerns, and perhaps a little nostalgia for hearing the Joker shrieking at me on a daily basis, I do think the Daily Rewards delivery system is an improvement - but I think those items need to be addressed to make it an ACTUAL improvement, as opposed to a reorganization of benefits disguising the fact that it's actually taking things away from you as a player. My two cents.
    • Like x 3
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I agree, this update really isn't alt friendly. I miss being able to log on my alts and get at least some progression towards their arts even if I didn't have time to actually play them for a significant amount of time.
    Subscribers do end up with the same number of stabilizers over the course of a month (12 capsules worth), but I really don't like the way it's broken up. Before, you got some fragments every day, and could were opening a capsule every few days. Now, we get the fragments in clumps, and its at least a week between opportunities to open them. Then, at the end of the month we have a two week period before we get fragments again. I'm sure the thinking is that it will drive people to spend money to open capsules on a more regular basis, but for me anyway, it just makes it so I'm not thinking of them at all. No anticipation of - oh I get a TC today or tomorrow, just out of sight out of mind. It would be better if they put a couple of fragments on each day rather then a cluster once a week or so.
    I get that they wanted to put this system on a 21 days for all the good stuff, but I agree, the last week is really lackluster. The only thing the fate currency is good for is bots and potions, and honestly you can only use so many of those. They need to give us something to spend the currency on. Personally I'd like to see something like old content dropped collections on the Fate vendor so we could use the currency to pick up things we're missing without having to grind and be at the mercy of RNGesus, but I honestly don't know how common it is for people to be missing a few pieces out of those collection sets.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Before, as Legendary, we got 6 Stabilizer Fragments a day, which means every 5 days, 2 stabilizers, so in the average month? We'd get 12 full Stabilizers. 6 fragments a day * 30 days = 180 Fragments, divided by 15 = 12.

According to this month's Monthly Rewards Schedule, we received 32 Stabilizer Fragments, as Legendary Members, a total of 4 times.

Day 3 Rewards, Day 8 Rewards, Day 13 Rewards, Day 18 Rewards are Stabilizer days. 16 fragments per drop, two drops on those days for Legendary.

32 fragments, 4 times == 128, divided by 15, it's around 8.5 total Stabilizers. So we're missing 3 and a half Stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The menu definitely needs to be fixed the last few days all I've gotten is Fate marks I don't if it broken or not because you can't see what you're supposed to be getting....
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This new system isn't giving anywhere near the rewards we got before the changes. We definitely need to see some changes.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Nope, that's all you get for bonus days. Just Fate Tokens. Nothing Else.
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

An error crept into your calculations, the number of fragments increases each time, 3-32, 8-42, 13-52, 18-60, and in total there are 186 fragments.
  13. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

These allies have the same quality as you would expect from facebooks Farmville or any other one of FB crappy mobile app games.

VERY VERY POORLY thought out & How anyone on the dev team thinks these FB mobile garbage thingies belongs in DCUO is beyond me.
  14. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

mhm this log in bonus is an joke or ? we get 21 day stuff we can more or less use...after this 21 days the Bonus) starts did someone told daybreak may that an month got 30 days? an bonus like you guys call this is something i add on top but no you dont add it on top you guys replace one week with just useless stuff but well here is my idea...even if thats may still not the best how about you let us trade them like 500 of this brown marks give us one blue from this fate tokens?
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I also find the Fate tokens useless, if they put anything 'good' in that bonus week, you'd have people going crazy because their work schedules or other things don't allow for 30 days of logins. It has to be something that is 'something' but not anything that would really be missed if you can't get in. I'd guess they don't want to be seen as 'forcing' us to log in every day. And yeah, no one is forcing us to do anything...nothing in the grant is required to play the game....but we all know it kind of is.

I like the idea of the Fate tokens being able to be converted tp destiny at 500 or something though. Or put something of real value into the fate token list like replays or respecs. Yeah eventually they say they will put the day 21 'bonus' item in there, like the Dr Fate helm or this new Lord of Chaos accessory, but for members, we already have those so it doesn't really add anything for us...just the F2P and premiums who didn't get them on a prior day 21.
  16. DurangoKid70 Active Player

why do they take away the bigger rewards in the last week or so? also I hope they bring back the stabilizer even, we barely get any
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.