Dev Discussion Episode 41: New Daily Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Red Five, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Hello Daily Rewards Fans,

This is the official feedback thread for Daily Rewards. We will be checking back and fixing bugs frequently.

Doctor Fate has arrived with new Daily Rewards for heroes and villains. Each day that you login you will unlock new rewards, including Fate and Destiny Tokens. Visit Doctor Fate in the House of Legends to exchange these for great rewards, new and old.

Members will receive additional rewards, and players who upgrade at any point in the month can claim Member rewards from all days they logged in that month!

Daily Rewards refresh monthly, and because August is almost over our first full month of rewards will begin in September. However we still have a preview reward set for you to redeem in August.

You can view the Daily Rewards from the Actions Menu (F1 on keyboard, D-Up on Gamepad). There is also a shortcut button on the Welcome Screen to get you there faster.

With the addition of these new rewards we have removed the Vault, Promethium Lockboxes, and the Stabilizer Duo. Any existing vault tickets can be consumed to simulate a Vault run, and we will reveal the plan for existing Promethium Keys soon. Stabilizer Fragments have been moved from the Duo to the Daily Rewards.

Additionally, Nth metal drops have been consolidated. Fewer types of Nth metal will drop from enemies, and they will now stack up to 999. However, the XP amount gained will remain the same for free players, and Members will get ~50% more XP drops! This means more free space in your inventory, and more XP for Artifacts!

Thanks for playing, and enjoy your new rewards!
    • Like x 3
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

in LFG chat someone said some people had day 1 and 2 available, so i opened my rewards menu and i noticed i had them too. I haven't done anything but open the menu though, haven't even claimed anything.
  3. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Same here as well as phantom zone seemed to reset on its on ?
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I claimed Daily Rewards yesterday afternoon, today's rewards are locked. Are they locked for 24 hours following each day's claim? Why not just reset at reset like the Vault?
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Can confirm that I cannot claim Day 2 rewards. This is on accounts where I only logged in and did NOT claim day 1, and also were I did claim day 1 already. Day 2 locked out either way. I have not hit the 24 hour mark yet, so maybe after 8PM or so, but my understanding of what Mepps said in another post was that the day resets at reboot, not 24 hour blocks. BTW...if it is set up for 24 hours, that's yucky.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I could find the option to look further in the week, let's say check the rewards for day 15 for example.
    Shouldnt this menu work just like the grant system and appear as soon as I log in?
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

At some point in the last 2 hours i got day 3
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

From the description it is not very clear when a reset occurs for Daily Rewards, the first time I claim rewards 25 about 5 pm, so far I could only claim 3 times, although theoretically there should be 4 if the reward is updated after a reset ..... or cd for Daily Rewards are 24 hours and will I be able to take the award 4 times only after exactly 24 hours? if so, then it's damn inconvenient, everyone has a different schedule, different time bands ...
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I'd like to ask something regarding the daily rewards, let's say I log in as a premium/free player every day for 6 days and that on the 7th I decide be a member, do I get to claim all the rewards from the previous days or only the days going forward?
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

At some point I logged in early one day and got a Daily Reward then logged in later at night and got another Daily Reward (meaning yesterday I got Day 4 rewards). Today I logged in to have no rewards (which I can understand if there was a bug) but I also did not get my Flashpoint daily reward from Cyborg (the daily missions were unlocked though).
  11. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

So what are the timers on the Daily Log In rewards? I logged in Wednesday about 2am eastern time and claimed my Day 1 reward, I logged in Thursday about 7pm eastern time and neglected to check/claim my Daily Reward, I logged in last night (Friday) about 2am eastern time, played about 15 minutes, went to claim my rewards (which should have been two, one for Thursday & one for Friday) and there was only one reward available.

I was on Wednesday before reset, Thursday before reset, and Friday before reset, each time I was on for a while, so should not I have had 3 daily rewards to collect? Is it on a 24 hour timer?, is it by daily reset? How exactly does this work? I have a management job in the hospitality industry in a business open 24 hours so my schedule is always changing as does when I am able to play. I was figuring as long as I logged in sometime between resets I would get my daily bonus.
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Because of the lag when logging in yesterday, I decided to just log in and leave; thinking that was enough to trigger the daily reward.

Today I find that on the two accounts that I did this on, i am 1 day behind on the daily reward. It was only yesterday that I did not check my daily reward, so i am not sure if it has been fixed.

It is my understanding that you don't need to open the daily reward for that daily login to count. Also, will there come a time when the daily reward will reset on the daily shutdown? i thought that was the initial goal on that. i'm still trying to wrap my brain on Panderus' reply that you're implementing 2 or 3 types of timer resets?

13. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The Fate currency items.... seem underwhelming. Will there be other stuff added in the future more geared towards players that have all that stuff. The Destiny stuff, very nice.
    • Like x 4
  14. Super Fleet New Player

I agree. I have most of these... really hope they add more rewards or give us better daily login rewards because being legendary seems meh to me atm besides the 50% extra artifact xp drops. For the destiny: it would really depend on how often we get a Destiny reward currency for it to be appealing for me.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the Cyborg daily reward is now over with FP not being the 'current' DLC anymore. I think the Rip Hunter is the new daily freebie, assuming you are of the correct CR or above. I think the few days Cyborg was active was an oversight...I had several toons that were below the CR to get in who got it, but couldn't get in to retrieve it if they wanted to. Hiding till well in the future now when they can get through the portal.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My understanding is yes...you can sub up anytime in that 'month'...this one is weird cause it's only the 8 days. If you were on 22 days and subbed up on the last day of the month, you'd be able to collect those 22 days of member benefits. I have not tested this, but they said it on the livestream and it looks like it from the way the interface looks. Those days are available to claim, but locked behind the member wall....sub and the wall is removed...claim all...profit!
    • Like x 1
  17. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Were daily rewards intended to cripple progression on Alts? The vault gave us a way to progress our Artifacts on every character we played, now the reward goes to the character you're on when you make the claim and none of the others get anything.
    • Like x 1
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, o.k., so I was unable to log in on day four of the five days of this month's Daily Rewards. I logged in the next day, but could only claim day four, but not day five. Is that how this is intended to work? I thought that if we missed a day, we could get it later, as long as it was before the end of the month. We really should be able to do that because things are going to come up. We've got lives outside the game (some of us), and there are probably going to be days that we miss for one reason or another, some of which are beyond our control - days when the game is down from some technical issue, days when the internet is out in our area, etc. Please try to see from the players' point of view on this new system.
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

YES, THAT'S HOW IT'S INTENDED TO WORK!!! It's tracking HOW MANY DAYS YOU HAVE LOGGED IN, NOT HOW MANY CALENDAR DAYS HAVE PASSED!!!

Let's look at September, which starts on Wednesday. If you log in on Wednesday, September 1st, that's YOUR Day 1 for the month. But if Player 2 doesn't log in until Friday, September 3rd, that's THEIR Day 1 for the month!

But let's say YOU do NOT log in again until Saturday, September 4th, that will be YOUR Day 2 for the month! But then you next log in on Monday, September 6th, so that's YOUR Day 3 for the month! And so on, and so forth.

I predict that the Devs and other Players will STILL be explaining how this works 5 YEARS from now! :rolleyes:
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There is a simple, easy way to get Nth Metal for all of your Alts to power up their Artifacts WITHOUT the Vault Run:

In the new Hall of Legends, there are numerous spawn points for Collections (the light green encircled question marks) which rapidly respawn. Most if not all of them appear on stationary points like the round, hovering platforms, and the oval cutouts in the main support pillars in the Orrery (the Central Room where you find Dr. Fate, Tempus Fuginaut, et al.)

These USUALLY give Nth Metal along with HOL-specific Collection items, and even the occasional Time Capsule. By simply taking each character to the Hall Of Legends and hanging around for a bit, you can easily farm as much Nth Metal as you would have gotten running them through the Vault! :D

The game has changed, it's time for you to adapt, evolve, and move on. Use a Radar Enhancer to learn where they all are, figure out your farming route, and go get that Nth Metal! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.