Test Discussion Episode 41: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestral Committed Player

The only teleporter I found was one to take me to my league hall. I'm going to assume the other talked about to take you everywhere is turned off currently.

The directed mission when you get to the last room then sends you back to the previous room to speak with Chang Tzu. Not sure why i'm being made to backtrack.
  2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

There is an invisible teleporter around the orrey, using it just warps you to the foyer
  3. Spyeedy Active Player

I visited my base and used the teleporter, it listed Watchtower as the only location. Should House of Legends be replacing the permanent entry in our base teleporters? Not too sure if this should be part of the zoning changes or left alone.
    • Like x 2
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any plans on making the sparring targets fixed to their position so they cant get pulled away from other players?

Them teleporting back instantly is good but still too annoying when properly testing powers.
  5. Eve YouTuber

NPC's and sparring targets are switching places all the time. They don't stick to their spots. Example;
    [IMG]
  6. Eve YouTuber

As for the Hub itself. I like that, It's refreshing and very easy to navigate. Very well done. I wish there was more unique stuff to do in there, but that will be probably added over time.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

OK.... after a couple of days on test.... time to start reporting. ;)

Layout
    The Layout if fine. The location looks great. Visually it is a nice looking map.
    It may feel empty in a few places.... but I assume that it is to have room for the various seasonal vendors? or to add more things in the future?

The New HoL Tour
    The tour is fine.
    There was an issue when Deathstroke did not show up for work..... I hope you guys docked his pay.... but other then that it was a smooth experience.

Orrery Teleporter (aka Mega Teleporter)

Did not test the pointers yet.... will have to create a new character to do that..... just did not take the time to do that yet.

There is one thing.... there is an Atlantean console right in front of one of the control panels for the Orrery teleporter.
    Could you move that panel out of the way??
    Was confused at first.... thought the Atlantean console was there to use the teleporter. And even once I realized that the Atlantean console had nothing to do with it..... it still was annoying how it is in the way when you want to use the Orrery Teleporter.

Archive Vendors
    The presentation and organisation is fine.
    The only real question I have is......
    Can items could be added to the Unique style vendor like the Kryptonian Flexsuit?
    Persaonally I already have the Flexsuit.... only took me 9 years to get the chest...... but some players still need the Flexsuit chest.

Mentor Relocation
    Will make a new character soon and test out at least some of them Missions.
    Ideally it would take a New character for each Mentor.... but not sure that it be possible in just 2 weeks. We shall see. ;)

And that is all...... for now. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Good layout for the House of Legends. Pretty easy to find stuff. A little annoying to try and get to where all the multiversal NPCs are as a speedster (GL Martian Manhunter and Primal Batman come to mind). Really like seeing the various versions of the NPCs around though and Metamorpho and Captain Atom turned out great.

I'm guessing that there isn't a Vendor 22/Rare Style Vendor equivalent in HoL because the Watchtower and Hall of Doom are still around. Any chance of seeing some missing rare styles (Quickstryke and Nuclear come to mind) coming to either HoL vendors or Vendor 22?

The setup on the style vendors that are in the HoL make sense, but a little confusing at first on which styles end up with particular NPCs.
    • Like x 2
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I did find it odd to the the lantern styles under the "tech" vendor and not meta
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe the rings are considered a technological item more than as a metahuman one, so the gear gets put with Tech vendors?
    • Like x 2
  11. myandria Item Storage

Good point about the style setup on the style vendors; the Superman Warsuit (forget the actual name) appears on the hero and the villain meta style vendors, which can lead to players buying it twice if they do not pay attention. I think the vendors will confuse some players because the styles are separated by Mentor Powers (Meta, Tech, Magic), not by episode or CR level.
  12. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

1. Only want to point out that you can move big deathstroke & nightwing fight with objects.
    2. Don't know if applies here, but maybe increase the willpower of the sparring targets?
    3. OMG the entire area looks really wellcrafted, i'm amaze that is U3 (guess is still U3 right?), and the new sparring targets look really clean, the only thing i might "not fully like" is harbringer although she looks amazing, i woulda gave her a more "holographic" style, but looks awesome.

** Just tell me that the hologram with the array of worlds will be available as a base item, just pls tell me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

The "orrey of multiverse" was given out as a base item gift years ago. its made in regular and league hall sized. looks a bit different but this and the mobius char would be the perfect spots to add them
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

Well, the lanterns are considered tech based for this game since their powers are derived from their rings instead of being "internally gifted" with powers like meta powered heroes/villains are. I think that is why their styles are on the tech vendor but I could be wrong.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I didn't purchase anything, but do the styles disappear from the vendor once they've been bought and consumed? Once you get a style on Vendor 22/Rare Style either through buying it or collecting it ingame, it's no longer available for purchase there.
  16. myandria Item Storage

No, the styles do not disappear when you consume them; I purchased all of them with my fresh lowbie test toon. However, they do have the yellow message "already collected" but you know how it can go if a player is in a rush to get all styles and do not pay attention to the list as they acquire those styles.
    • Like x 3
  17. Eve YouTuber

Are these all the styles as well? I also notice I do not get the feats for them which sucks.
  18. Control Creed Well-Known Player

In general... my thoughts on the tour, it's fine, there are some "false branches" in the hall ways, an asymmetrical aspect that will make it a little confusing, I don't understand why that much hallway is neccesary to get from room to room and the width with a full phase is going to be interesting to see if people get from place to place efficiently.

Vendors with their backs to the wall... NO, ie Hal Jordan during X-mas is a nightamre, putting them on those narrow walkways is even worse... there's gonna be people camping out there and hitting the cog is going to be frustrating. It looks great though.

Overall there is too much space between things, and not enough space AROUND them.

I don't know if it's possible but if we could have a teleporter sized thing to interact with for vendors, space behind mail, bank etc it would avoid a LOT of frustration the game had when it was launched with cramped design like this. For example, I have never seen the issues with Swamp Thing during the seasonal that I do with Hall Jordan.

I know you didn't ask about content but... right now, DUOs are significantly harder with full gear and above average skill points than the latest duo... you NEED to add about 50 - 75 to the downscaled CR in the stat clamp or the "Quick Play" is not going to be used by anyone that can do the math on the time sink for the longer maps... not worth getting merked by prec attacks in the "mobbish" instances.

The difference between going in on a toon where I put in average skill points and non maxed augments felt about right though, when I put in maxed artifacts and augments I feel much more comfortable, but if the whole game is tuned to the max augments / artifacts... this is going to be.... interesting.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sword- New Player

The layout is a lot better than the Watchtower, I would however consider adding a few more brokers to reduce congestion. I would also like to see a teliport option to get to each wing faster as the hallways can feel a bit confusing with the dead ends. A teliporter for league halls (or league hall to be added to the warp menu) would be great since its the only thing I feel is missing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Is Deathstroke supposed to be our training contact regardless of hero or villain morality? I get sent to him regardless
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.