Test Discussion Episode 40: Flashtastic Voyage (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

You are over complicating things for the devs at this point and switching the topic based on your lack of skill with your power.

I suggest you to actually play elite raids without kiting before writing „nonsense“. Me and proxxy are both tanks that dont kite that already tells enough about our knowledge and already shows that you dont want to have challenging content for Tanks on Elite raids good players dont use excuses such as powerset.

Please jackfrost i hope you will listen to what me proxxy and Scytther were saying 3 Tanks sharing similar viewpoints and really think twice about what AV is saying here i think hes saying absolut „nonsense“.

To the rest: Sorry for the rant But this topic is so important and to see someone write something like this really makes me shake my head.
  2. AV Loyal Player

You obviously don't know who you're talking to XD Anyways, they literally can't do what you're saying, without substituting mechanics for combat or outright trivializing tanking, for the exact reasons I described so Imma just leave you and your bs manners to talk at a wall.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

He can read what Proxxy said what Scytther said they already say the things i agree with.
  4. AV Loyal Player

It would be more effective to your cause if you calmed down and properly read things in addition to understanding what you're reading, as nowhere did I say "herpderp I always kite while tanking" nor did I say "make elite work like SM." I said the exact opposite. My point on kiting was further elucidating how pressing DPS-in harder or eHP checks harder than they already do breaks things. You have to actually understand & appreciate the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of different tank powers... "I agree with something" =/= "this is accurate/doable."
  5. zNot Loyal Player

This thread has nothing to do with Powers if you wanna talk abou them go open a thread about it.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Keep this thread polite. State your thoughts to JackFrost and move on. No need to argue with each other. We can review your ideas and make decisions based on feasibility, resources, and what we think would work (or not work) for any particular given piece of content. No need to try to convince us by arguing points/suggestions with each other.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I think the reason for that though is because it's somewhat unrealistic, what happens when the boss is fed blue immunity by someone else, you have no control over (totally outside of making a mistake yourself) you can't expect that not to happen and you could be blocking a combo but you're unable to break its progression, what happens then, does it recognize you're still blocking despite the fact the boss can't be countered or are you saying then kite for your life tank and get in to the grey? what if he's just accidentally being fed blue a lot by precision based DPS players.

What about the bosses they put in this game that simply can't be countered at times and don't play to the counter system?

What happens when they include adds and they counter you because there's 6 of them and 1 boss all doing different RPS combinations all at the same time :D - I'm just spit balling here, because it's all potential things I'm just thinking about

I think you're right I think the combo tuning could certainly go up a little, but yeah not to the extent of SM, unless we're talking about the upper levels of that new challenge mode, in which case you'd probably expect that to some extent depending on the gap between ourselves and the NPC's. So in fairness what you're wanting should hopefully already be included in that new challenge difficulty setting at the right level :)
    • Like x 1
  8. AV Loyal Player

Yeah I'm not saying make progressive hits reach a point where they're not livable, or even increasing total boss combo damage at all, just shifting the weight on existing combo damage slightly aft so it's at least worth it for us to participate in the counter system. Basically what I'm suggesting is for boss combos to do the same amount of overall damage they currently do, just for the initial "here it comes" hits to be adjusted down and the final "with the steel chair!" hits to be adjusted up slightly. Similarly, I don't think it would be a bad thing for Stomp Smash and comparable insta-hit BBs to be toned down a tad on bosses, as they're kinda always cheap in a standard gameplay environment and still wreck most tanks.

As for blues, only way for a non-tank to grant immunity is if they lunge a block, which is easily avoidable (especially since no one is running Legionnaire's Sparring AI anymore). If a boss does gets blues, the person who causes it just announces it and all the tank has to do is dodge the combo (but even if it's not announced they'll now they need to dodge when the first counterable hit doesn't cause a counter while blocking).Also, since the overall combo damage would be the same they'd still be able to just soak it, there world just be a bit more care required at the tail end of it.

With multiple PvPable targets we just prioritize countering our primary threat like in this. Adds' combos can generally be ignored by a tank unless an opportunity presents itself. We're pretty hardened against getting cheesed while comboing these days so as long as a player doesn't just perma-block they'd be ok.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Ok, Thanks for the post, appreciate the thought out response, I understand what you're saying, the first part of your response addresses what I was most concerned about.

I also saw Charon's post after I made the last one too and kind of figure we might be best leaving it here haha :D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.