Dev Discussion Episode 40: Flash to the Future (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaiba Committed Player

Is there something wrong with the CR of Brainiac (elite)? I saw 2 values, 349 and 351. Also, the defense bug, is that really bugged or just a feature (this exists after the hotfix)?
  2. DamageControlPS Active Player

So where to begin after one week of release of this raid? My last comment was deleted but this is just pure feedback with a hint of criticism towards the hardest level of elite raid.
    Critical level as other levels are still bugged with the defence buff and people wipe until it’s gone to kill the boss in 8 minutes. So the system of how he respawns it’s still flawed. After the defence and damage buff from him on critical level are gone everything is burned though as quick as the first level. So one week in (two hot fixes fixing all these problems) we still don’t have a final raid to try and actually do the no death feats which suppose to keep us on the game especially when we already have the rest of the feats done on this dlc due to extreme underwhelming difficulty in both raids. Sure someone can try and do them but even at that the brainiac still resets the health from 33% back to 66% most of the time. My last feed back was deleted because I didn’t give enough feedback but I should be able to exclaim my disappointment in this raid, one raid who was meant to have “survival mode” feels but is merely a reason to give casual players a normal raid (standard elite). All we want is a challenge at the top level as there’s two raids at this stage any pug group can do.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Can you make braniac’s hand blaster more visible? In elite it’s hard to see it...with everything else going on! And them bam, you getting stunned..lol
  4. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Bugs:
    Specific to Elite mode and its many difficulties. So I'm not entirely sure how to replicate these bugs as they appear to happen randomly either queuing in or after a wipe.

There is a random bug where just running Standard Elite (not even clicking on the terminal to change difficulty), Braniac and his adds stats skyrocket to the point where he is taking half the normal damage and doing double the damage. This happens either as soon as we engage Brainiac for the first time, after a wipe, or after first and second phase of the fight.

The very same bug has happened to me in a few runs for the other difficulty modes as well with the only change we have done was use the console to vote for the appropriate difficulty.

Another bug I want to report is he has a health resetting bug where his health would reset to full after his initial phase has been dealt with. So for example we take him down to the first phase, receive loot, matinee appears, and he is full health again. Same can occur during last phase of the fight as well during all difficulty settings.

And finally, last bug I want to report is adds not resetting after phases which results in adds from the previous phase stacking with the adds from the next phase.
  5. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Feat Clarification: Multiplicity Evasion -
    The feat specifically states "no players taking damage from the Multiplicity Barrage attack".

My league has attempted this feat on multiple occasions and we've gotten hit by literally every attack in that raid. And not a single one has the name "Multiplicity Barrage". I have seen 2 attacks with the names "Multiplicity Beam" and "Multiplicity Singularity". The wording of barrage makes it seems like multiple attacks, HOWEVER attack is singular making it seem like 1 attack. What is the "Multiplicity Barrage" attack?

PS:
    Please in the future be more clear with the feat descriptions, this is an ongoing problem within the game and should be improved.
  6. DamageControlPS Active Player

A little bump on this raid nearly 2 weeks in every level on this raid scaling wise is still bugged after a couple wipes on critical you get a brainiac from the normal raids stats wise. Brainiacs health resets about 30% of the fights. Just incase it’s been forgotten about before my whole league quits the game
    Would love them to try it atleast once.
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why has the raid been nerfed further? (latest hot fix)

Are you trying something with the defence bug/scaling issue on the higher difficulties?

This raid is already VERY farmable, takes 5-15 minutes to do.

Even for less experienced players or players with lower artefacts, this raid doesn't take that long.

Just scratching my head at why various mechanics have been tuned down from what they already were.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ver-hotfix-april-28-2021.315411/#post-4398284
  8. DamageControlPS Active Player

Elite nerfs were totally unnecessary making the content even more easy. The current bosses spawn at correct stats but if you wipe out nice or twice they reset back to standard Brainiac. Again the nerf of mechanic was totally not needed considering both of those mechanics could be easily avoided and the raid has now even less room mechanics.

The red tracks when brainiac goes immune are they meant to do damage because they as of right now they do 0 damage and are basically a visual.
    • Like x 1
  9. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Forget it they won, the whole game is already easy except a few raids, but no they decide to nerf the only decent challenge we have and it's not even hard enough for the people who would like to have some challenges like back in the day with Origin Crysis for example.

The Raids we have right now are in the right direction imho, but why nerf it? They shouldd release some fully working Raids, Flash to the Future is a joke full of bugs actually, what it needs isn't a nerf, it needs all its bugs to be fixed.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I expect the devs are probably balancing content based on data they have that we don't, I have no issue with it. Appreciate the work devs
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If its based on completion, maybe the population of players running this raid isn't that much? EU server is becoming very quiet these days, but FFe is literally a 5-15 minute raid, definitely no more than 40 minutes even with LFG groups or those with lower artefacts.

Are they basing data on completion per population, or based on how many people are finishing the raid in general?

This is just one boss. If were at the point where raids take 5-10 minutes to get 10+ marks and renown, and to then get nerfed further? I'm worried to be honest. But then, that's just my perception of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Probably all that info plus pm's and whatever from players that can't complete it? I was reading those patch notes thinking "there gonna be some angry posts in a min". The hand blasters have caught me a few times cuz I can not see them and they'll drop me quick if my health is already low so I'll take it and we can start going for the no death feats. Not the worst thing
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

No idea, I'm just saying as players we've only ever got our own experience and that of those immediately around us that likely share similar viewpoints to our own, forming but a part of the picture.

Nerfs and buffs usually upset at least some people, so Im just suggesting the devs probably have their reasons.

We also don't know the extent of the balancing we could be talking fractions.

I know this is also entirely subjective, but I have absolutely no issue with a raid being quick, not all of us want to be in raids for hours, i know some do, but there has to be a balance.

I think given the current climate in video games and the way people move quickly between games especially console players, shorter raids is probably preferable, the longer people are in one raid the less money the game is likely making.
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That depends really, its great for some casual players to have easy, quick and replayable elite raids. At the same time they are the first ones to leave after finishing the gear and people off the game for 3 months isnt really making them money.

I feel like the elite of this raid should have been FGS elite level, players farmed it for the entirity of the dlc.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Here's my honest feedback.

Everything is very low on health, in all versions. You can get the speed feat by accident, even on my low artefact alt toons I've been top dps and still got speed feat in normal for the group. Most of the difficulty in the raid is/was the bugs.

Why wasn't Brainiac and adds scaled up by CR instead of by defence? CR360 Brainiac? CR400 Brainiac?

The raid is too short. Brainiac is just 1 boss. Doesn't matter if there is 3 loot drops in the raid, it is one boss. There needs to be minimum two bosses per raid. Even throw in a sub boss like the Temporal Commander guy in Age of Justice. Its probably the fastest/shortest raid ever released, and will only get shorter still once people gear and in a DLC or two. Raids that are too short saddens me. I want to enjoy the game, do mechanics and have fun. One short boss in a room isn't enough for me, and mechanics are minimal compared to other content in the episode. Even sidebosses would be awesome. It's basically half/a third of a raid.

I like the idea of being able to select the difficulty, but the execution isn't quite there. Sure there are the no death feats, but I think the bugs are affecting getting those more than the boss itself. I hope this returns in the future, but executed better.

Its a shame since other content in the episode (like the alert) are interesting. Nothing especially difficult, but you have 3 bosses all with interesting mechanics and its fun. The instances look great.

It's just a shame that more care wasn't put into this raid. Trouble is people can gear from such a short raid very quickly, including standard elite, and then with augments as well for the extra marks. This in turn affects the quality of the rest of the episode since players will run through the other content faster with higher CR.

It is what it is.
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yup. On EU server me and friends were still farming FGSe for feats right up until Legion came out. Almost to the point where Legion felt premature coming out so soon since players were still continuing to run (and reset) FGSe.

BiB This. Will be interesting to see how the game is once we get to the Summer, since many players will be fully geared and done with Flashpoint by then - again having a really short raid will only make that more likely.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

casual players aren't running elite period, anyone capable of completing any elite content in this game, even the subjectively easiest elite content aren't by the very definition "casual".

Elite content still requires adherance to mechanics, we can argue about our subjective view of difficulty all day but, a player capable of playing and completing elite content isn't an absolute idiot.

Casuals are players that play dress up and run normal content, couldn't care less about elite content at all and probably more worried about when the next time capsule styles are released.

It's also not casuals that are spamming quick replayable elite raids, it's the elitists spamming quick replayable elite raids and some of them are clearly enjoying it. It's actually the eltists certainly in my opinion, given observed experience over 10 years that are actually the first to finish their gear and run off for 3 months, not the casuals. - sorry I've seen it time and time again, DLC after DLC.
    • Like x 1
  18. DamageControlPS Active Player

What Data from a bugged raid? It was broken to a point level 5 was level 1 spawning? What data can they take from anything when all the data is broken due to the broken raid. Keep this feedback thread about feedback and not your own agendas and what you “think” they are doing because you would the first person in here saying that to someone who is trying to get something buffed. Give feedback like I am doing and not thoughts please thank you
    • Like x 1
  19. DamageControlPS Active Player

Then why come come in here and talk about critical level 5th level of elite raids if you actually don’t know anything and just here guessing. Again my
    Feed back was bombarded with absolute nonsense and guesses and flowers to devs when this raid is still: Broken, Brainiac respawn doesn’t work and they nerfed it for no reason (apparently to magical data they gathered from a broken elite raid”
  20. DamageControlPS Active Player

We have one easy raids FvE and that’s ok we have an easy standard elite plenty of things to do for the casual players, here we are player giving actual feed back about the later rounds of Flash to the future Elite, which is meant to have Survival Mode feel to it, there’s 5 levels of the same raid, the concept and idea off it are brilliant but level 4 and 5 should be a struggle for any group that’s going in there.

Now before you reply to me please reply in a matter where you give feedback about this raid from your experiences and needs to be worked on and not about what you feel and think the devs are doing thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.