Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Pied Piper's Flute

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berza Committed Player

    Maybe I am understanding wrong what the Artifact does but, isn't it 70%+20%+10%=100% chance of proc?
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor


    You have a 70% chance to deal an additional 15% damage, a 20% chance to deal an additional 30% damage and a 10% chance to deal an additional 45% damage ....
  3. Berza Committed Player

    So, isn't that a 100%?
  4. TheLorax 10000 Post Club

    You don't add them together. There's a 70% chance for A, a 20% chance for B or a 10% chance for C.
  5. Berza Committed Player

    So, could 2 or 3 of them proc together?
  6. TheLorax 10000 Post Club

    For a combined total of 90% damage?
  7. Berza Committed Player

    Yes. I mean, if the chances of the different procs are not one or another, they could be one and another. Not sure if I am being clear.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor


    After your question, I myself became interested ... I spent 20 minutes testing ... I don't know, maybe I'm too unlucky, but I have never had the effect trigger twice, or even more so three times;).

    By the way, can someone confirm that the number of rats increases depending on what percentage of damage worked (15,30 or 45)?
  9. TheLorax 10000 Post Club

    You're being clear, I just don't think a 90% damage increase is in anyway realistic. Do you?
  10. Berza Committed Player

    Maybe because my first impression was correct and the 70+20+10=100 formula is true.
  11. Mr.W Well-Known Player



    I don't think they can. I even rewatched Penryn's video several times in slow motion (saved time XD) & the log always only gave a uniform number for the rat attack. But i'll double check later today to be as certain as possible.



    But in seeing its always uniform & no mixed procs it gives the impression that there's a 30%, 80%, & 90% chance a player won't get a proc for a tick of super charge. More adds may boost your chances but you're not guaranteed a proc on every add & those chances drastically decrease in single target fights.

    But i'll have to play around with it some more :)


    But if we are understanding the proc chance incorrectly I would be happy & more optimistic if Ranmaru corrected us lol :)
  12. Berza Committed Player

    Nope, for that reason I thought it was a 100% of proc, with different chances for different values of extra damage.
  13. Berza Committed Player

    I find weird the multiple proc. It's for that that I thought the different % of proc chances would be additive.
    Let's see if Ranmaru can make it clearer.
    • Like x 1
  14. AquamantheKing Level 30

    I don't think this artifact is meant to proc every single time you cast a super. I don't think that's how probability works. And it definitely isn't meant to stack those procs.
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

    I prefer this explanation, it means we will get extra damage whenever we pop SC, so at worst case scenario, we get 15% more damage (still lower than EoG). :oops:
    • Like x 1
  16. Berza Committed Player

    That's how I understand it, that at rank 200 it has a guaranteed proc, with the variety being in the amount of extra damage done.
  17. Ranmaru Developer

    Berza is correct, at rank 200 you have a 100% chance to cause a swarm upon activating a Damaging Super Charge
    At rank 80 you have a 50% chance to activate a swarm
    At rank 120 you have a 60% chance to activate a swarm
    And at Rank 160 you have a 90% chance to activate a swarm.

    Swarm should only activate once per supercharge, even when using a DoT; if you rolled a 45% damage increase all ticks of the DoT will have 45% increased damage instead of rolling every single tick of damage.
    • Like x 6
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

    Well dang, that's a lot more impressive than how most of us seemed to be thinking it works. This thing is going to be tacswap gold
    • Like x 1
  19. Nautical enthusiast Well-Known Player

    Is there any plan for this to work with buff sc’s? Neo, wolf/gorilla, circuit breaker...
  20. Mr.W Well-Known Player


    Thank you for clearing that up :)

    It seems a lot more interesting to me now lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.