Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Pied Piper's Flute

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy Everyone, This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for the Episode 40 Artifacts,

Pied Piper's Flute
    Rank 80:

Swarm: Upon using a [Supercharge] have a [50%/50%/70%/70%] chance to do 15% of the damage as additional damage, [0%]chance to do 30% of the damage as additional damage, or a [0%/] chance to do 45% of the damage as additional damage

Rank 120:
    • adds a 10% chance to do 30% of the damage as additional damage
    Rank 160:
    • Increases the 15% bonus damage to 70% chance
    • Increases the 30% bonus damage to 20% chance
    Rank 200:
    • Adds a 10% chance to do 45% of the damage as additional damage

Recommendations:
    This artifact is made to accentuate a build based around activating your super charge as often as possible so I'd look out for any low cost Super charge that you can use as often as possible so you can get a massive increase in damage

Recommended Artifact Parings:
    • Eye of Gemini
    • Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    • Quislet
    • Grimorium Verum
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The combination of Bunker Buster + Quislet + Pied Piper's Flute results in Pied Piper's Flute damage component not proccing:

It does work properly if I remove Quislet:

So there is something buggy about the interaction between Quislet and Pied Piper's Flute.

EDIT:
    I repeated this test multiple times and always received the same results.
  3. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I used a level 200 Piper's Flute tonight using electricity. First of all, it did not proc at all with Circuit Breaker, which is a deal breaker for electric users, if that was intended. I did record that occurring, if that's a bug, and can upload that if necessary. Logically, I used it with Megavolt instead. I did not test it with Neo Venom Boost, which likely suffers from the same fate as Circuit Breaker.

For those who do not know, Megavolt does a burst damage tick up front (mine hovered around 60k) and follows that up with several small ticks of damage which may or may not crit. The swarm effect matched each tick of damage, including initial burst and every tick so long as I was both in range and facing the sparring target. I did not notice any bugs.

Thoughts: I am appalled at the range for the artifact, but I guess there are plenty of people who won't have a problem standing mid-ranged to make it work. I also found it extremely disappointing that if I even faced slightly away from my target, the rat swarm animation continued to move with the direction I was facing and not do any damage to the sparring target. I suppose auto lock might limit that event from happening. I'm guessing there's huge ramifications that getting knocked down while doing the swarm animation might hinder the damage output, but that might just contribute to the risks of using the artifact.

At the moment, I won't be leveling this artifact on live server when the time comes because I personally can't get over the hideous rat animations; kudos to those who don't care. I also have no interest in this artifact not being max ranged, and as I mentioned before, it doesn't (yet, possibly) work with Circuit Breaker, which is a guaranteed "no" for me.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

What rank did you have the artifact? I'm just curious if it happens at a specific rank like the solar amplifier was doing.
  5. Fwames Well-Known Player

Uhmm... read the artifact description again?
  6. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I'll be the first to admit that I skim-read a lot of stuff, which causes me to miss some details. That being said: I reread it, but I'm not picking up what you're laying down.

It says "upon using a supercharge". I met that criteria when I hit Circuit Breaker. At level 200, it gives a 100% chance of doing something swarm (at various degrees of output). It did nothing. So imagine my disappointment when I used Circuit Breaker and seeing no rat attack animation, with the expected nothing happening when I didn't attack (no damage output means no swarm to produce an output) and the unexpected nothing when I did attack (actual damage output with no swarm proc reaction). When using Megavolt, the Flute attack shows up in the combat log. When I used Circuit Breaker; nothing showed up in my log.

I'll readily accept that it won't work with a damage-buffing supercharge if that is the intention, but as an electric player, primarily, that means I won't be using it. Currently, the artifact doesn't mention it will not work for a damage-buffing super charge.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I tested it at Rank 200.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So many questions....
    So sorcery/ grand summoning users can or can't use this? Does it give back 10% (whatever % it gives) of what all the pets do for damage at the end of the super? Does it give back whatever their 1st attack is if it procs before the super expires? If you're using source shard and their damage is buffed 200%, does it then calculate that into it's own buff?

Lastly, is the swarm considered a pet that can be buffed by source?
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The Grand Summoning, does not activate rats (well, that's exactly how it looks like a big attack of rats).
    • Like x 1
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Can we get an art that buffs you when you’re not using a supercharge? Things have been too supercharge centric for an extended amount of time now
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Good lol. Then I have no need for this one. Back to quislet build attempt #4.
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Ok I didn't run many tests but from what I've tested so far this artifact looks like some hot garbage (no offense).

1) 3% might is too little

2) Most supercharges don't work with it, I don't really like the idea of doing additional SC damage, it limits our options to just a few. It would be much better if it done a fixed amount of cone damage based on the player's stats whenever they used a supercharge

3) I don't like the 70% chance RNG, you may use supply, trinket and then the artifact has a random chance of doing nothing, at level 200 at least it should be guaranteed to do damage
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

It only accounts for damage done by Supercharges. If a Supercharge does no damage, it won't accumulate any extra damage/proc for the artifact.
  14. Ranmaru Developer

I

In the first video you are out of range of the cone of damage, it only extends to about the range of the FX.
    Although I'm going to investigate raising the cone to be much longer and wider so that a larger amount of Supercharges can be used at a viable range.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kestral Committed Player

I'm not a numbercruncher but here's my review.

Is there enough rats? Yep I can say i'm happy with the number of rats. I thought maybe they were clipping through the floor a bit but that just appeared to be smaller rats when I looked at my screenshots.:)

Two things make me sad though:

1) this artifact does not work with Grand Summoning. It would have be nice if it either worked for all supercharges or at least gave more text to let people know what it won't work with. I had assumed based on the text that it would work for all damaging supercharges. Someone in chat had to let me know why I was not seeing rats after 3 times of using my supercharge. :(

2) I know that there isn't usually a visual animation when activating artifacts. But I'd really really hoped to see a animation of playing a flute. It is still a very fun artifact without this but yeah...:(:(
  16. AquamantheKing Level 30

I tried this artifact with elec supercharges and water supercharges, so I'd like to see if players are seeing similar things on other powers.

To start off I used Circuit Breaker/Neo Venom and couldn't get the artifact to proc which coincides with other testers saying that it'll only proc from damaging supercharges. I then tried it with Megavolt and got it to proc just fine.

I also tried Clown Box which does damage over time and couldn't proc the artifact leading to my assumption that if a super charge doesn't initially hit then the artifact wont proc.

I then swapped to water and tried out Whirlpool which worked as intended due to it causing damage though it also has a damage over time so I was left confused. I continued to Call of the Deep and if all the patterns continued then it would also proc the rats dues to it causing damage on it's own and it not being a buff SC or have a DoT effect afterwards, which to my surprise it didn't. I continued collecting supercharge and hitting Call of the deep for over an hour and never got it to proc once. So...I'm left confused as to what types of supercharges actually proc this artifact.

A noticeable bug I found is that at rank 120 the artifact doesn't proc at all but at all of the other ranks it procs normal.

Note: I did all of these tests with different ranks of this art. I hope it can be recreated. Plus I would like to see the range increase for this artifact. I wouldn't even consider it mid range. Rat animation show up at mid range but don't actually hit.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I see this as joining the tac swap artifact club. Dead kings, la mort, this, and I'm forgetting the supply drop ones name. So feed la mort into this and tac swap dead king, the supply drop one and this in, fire off a drop, orbital, super and go back to your normal choices. Could be great
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this artifact. If its not guaranteed to even proc for every tick of a Supercharge then I guess it would be a little nicer for the higher bonuses to have a bit higher proc chance.
    • Like x 1
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah I wish it would be more like 80/40/20 proc chances. most active damage supercharges gonna lacking already and this won't put them much in a better spot and the incoming balance pass is nerfing the majority of these even further making this artifact "useless", even as trade-in artifact.

In all my proc chance testing (a good hour of spamming back to back Speed Drain) I only saw once the 10%er proccing. It was most of the time the 15% dmg bonus. rarely the 30% and the 45% once. Super disappointing especially since not every damage tick from the SC was rewarding.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Several things make this artifact unattractive:
    1. Low statistics - 3% might..and 0% precision ....
    2. No permanent passive effect affecting DPS between using the main effect.
    3. Random main effect (most of the time you will receive 15% increase, in rare cases 45% and sometimes no additional damage).
    4. Zero effect with some Super Charges, which are very popular among the society.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.