Dev Discussion Episode 39: Legion HQ Orientation (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And another problem is that there is no tell for that attack, it just happens suddenly and you're screwed if stuck in some animation and can't block in time (though if it hits twice, you die anyway).
    • Like x 3
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    Feat "Keep your Eye on the Ball" doesnt work in both modes (N / E)
    Feat "Positively Overwhelming" is hard to understand (still trying to find out whats meant here)
    Feat "The Scrapper" is only possible in N mode, why you force us to farm them in N?
    Many ppl run Elite Version instead of Regular... :(
  3. Fwames Well-Known Player

Is it possible to lessen the visuals of the bombs when it explodes on the Metal Construct fight?

I don't know if anybody is experiencing the same but I am having some hard fps drops (PS4) to the point of crashing if the Metal Golem manages to pop several of them overlappingly.

Also, if left unattended for a while while getting something to throw. CosmicBoi resets?? While it happened only once, I surely don't want it happening again.
  4. Red Raptor Active Player

"It was stated the reg alert and elite alert would not share lockouts. Currently they do. Why is this? In wonderverse we had a solo and alert, giving us 2 daily chances at catalysts for head augments. Now there is only 1 daily chance, the alert.

Plus less source marks again for the 2nd straight dlc. By removing a raid last dlc we lost 10 source marks per week. With Legion there is still only 1 raid but no duo/solo and the alerts share a lockout so that is 7 more source marks per week lost. What is going on here?"

Last boss of the elite alert Cosmic Boy's primary attack is sometimes shooting 1 orb and sometimes shooting 2 orbs about 1 second apart. Consistency seems to be an issue. Is 1 orb supposed to be fired at a player or 2 orbs?"
  5. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

alot of times i think have a visual bug where the second orb isnt even visable, doesnt always happen tho my first few runs it worked fine

now almost everytime i try to play ill see him fire an orb, at me or anyone else, then im down 90% of the time even if he didnt fire the orb at me, so im assuming i got hit with another 1

im a healer so ive seen i can usually catch myself or others before they get downed but not whenever i cant see the second orb, then its just me or someone else insta down

and im aware of the like cyclone or whatever you wanna call his AoE ball attack, thats not whats hitting me, im actually nowhere near any of them anytime this has happened, its a direct attack that i cant see usually or cant see the second one, but its hitting for 120k + health

i believe he does have almost a clap like animation that goes with the ball shot attack but it really not consistent sometimes it seems he does it, usually it doesnt (unless thats the animation for 1 of his other attacks and its just coincidentally going off at the times i get hit with invisible attacks)
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

So... I just went through the elite version of the alert, and I found out that the 1-shot attack is there as well. However, in elite we have a skull to warn when Cosmic Boy is gonna do it, and the spheres aren't launched so close to each other like in regular. It's almost as if it wasn't meant to be in regular, like it leaked from elite to regular with the evil AI using it without a skull/warning.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Is Cosmic Boy's "primary attack" (the sphere throw) meant to hit through the encasing attack he does on us? This is too cheap, even more than the broken version of the attack in regular version.
    • Like x 3
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please just remove the arrows shown around the map. It was a bug on test and is too obvious to not be adressed already. If youre having issues with it, please just remove them. Its easier to navigate without 2 arrows pointing in different directions or 1 that points in the wrong direction.
    • Like x 3
  9. TLantern Developer

It's getting nerfed in normal mode soon. Block damage and normal damage will be reduced for Normal and Event. And yes, in Normal he does fire it twice.
    • Like x 1
  10. TLantern Developer

It was always meant to be in in Normal mode, it was not intended to be so strong. In Elite is is intended to be deadly which is why it has the tell.
    • Like x 2
  11. TLantern Developer

The broken feats are fixed, just awaiting a new patch for you guys.

Positively Overwhelming is asking you to have two people with the Positive blue charge hit each other 3 times in the fight.
    • Like x 1
  12. Stranger Well-Known Player

Not working for me :( Tried 2 times
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

you can proc a 2nd time quite quickly if you don't move away fast enough. I will have a video tomorrow morning showing the feat in Elite.
  14. Stranger Well-Known Player

Watched in Combat Log,was exactly 3 times.
    But was on 2nd try
    Is it 1st attempt?
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Please excuse my Ignorance but Which Boss is this on?
  16. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Last boss.

To do the feat is simple, two blue charge people run into each other. With a push back occurring, you will know you have done it right.
    My suggestion is don't do this with the tank, it's a little risky to do that.

After you have gone and done that you wait till the next time and do that again.

Once the 2 blue people have done that 3 times you are good to go and will have the feat pop after the fight is done. It is not a first time attempt feat. You can wipe. I've heard you could have the two blue charge people run into each other twice, but that they didn't get the feat after doing that one more time.

So in my group we had

Heal + DPS (1)
    DPS + Troll (2)
    Tank + DPS ( we said nope)
    then DPS + Troll (3)
    • Like x 1
  17. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Key thing to know, it's random on who gets turned blue. If you have someone rush into a side pocket they could be out of combat making no charges put on them as they are out of range for the change.

It happens, just slow things down.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 1
  19. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea now it's clear. Thanks
    We touched each other in between 5 seconds 3 times, didnt know it must be 3 phases (wasnt mentioned in feat)
    • Like x 1
  20. Stranger Well-Known Player

With latest Hotfix you are able to carry Brainiac 5's Gear. (1st boss)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.