Dev Discussion Episode 39: Legion HQ Orientation (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Thank you for playing the new Alert on PC Test!

Please use this thread to give feedback, bug reports, and general feedback on the new Alert.

Also when giving feedback, please note which difficulty you were in. This Alert has an Elite version!

Thank you! Have fun!
    • Like x 1
  2. CrownedSolomon New Player

Cosmic Boy in HQ elite does way too much damage and needs to be nerfed.

EDIT: We done it with a Tank, Healer and 2 DPS.. and even despite blocking, he still does 1 hit K0 attacks with his skull. On top of that, he heals when he is almost dead.
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

In the elite version I would understand this, but in a regular group on last boss, once the spheres pop up, it's an instant one shot if you have nothing to protective you. No damage over time to get out of the way, just an instant one shot. I believe that needs to be fixed. You cant tell where they will spawn and we died three times from that alone. We finally beat it but still. Highly aggravating for a regular run. Everything else seems fine and fun.
    • Like x 1
  4. TLantern Developer

Which spheres are you seeing this on? Is it the ones that spin around? Or is it his projectile attack? Also, if you remember, what was it called in the combat log? Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I did not look at my combat log as I dont have the damage summary active in the combat log itself, only the parses. But it's not his projectile attack, it's the AoE spheres that spin in circles throughout phases of the fight. If you're standing in the middle of it or even within its area of effect, it will one shot you before you can react.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

can we get checkpoints in the alert, running from the start through again if you do wipe is somewhat tedious :)
  7. AZPrime Active Player

Certain moves don't work on the turrets in the fitness test room. Avalanche from the Ice powerset, for example, does absolutely nothing when used on them.

Ran into this issue as well. Had a shield, was blocking, and was even behind a table at one point and still got one-shot by the Primary Attack.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

The last boss randomly healed up (not Sure if its intended)

While you have too much time to run from 1st boss deadly jump , the time you have to react at last boss, when he does skull, is way too short.
    But all in one: the alert is very easy atm
  9. BumblingB I got better.

From my experience, it's the spinning orbs. They spawn and you immediately get ko'd. There is a warning they are about to spawn, but there is no warning on where they will spawn to avoid it. So you die, then go, well, I lost the RNG there.
  10. Vulpar Well-Known Player

I noticed several times that in the first boss, the metal boss wouldn't always jump to the red circle. I was pretty far away from the circle and got killed by it when it jumped on me instead of the circle during one attempt and then got the feat for not getting killed by the jump attack.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

The no removing shield feat is bugged. Got it and we totally removed his shields.
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Without tankless buff, the “primary attack” from evil cosmo boy is a barely telegraphed instant kill for the non-tanks. I seem to remember raising this issue in JLD with the Giant Shadow Golem, who had the exact same attack, except it was a blob of darkness instead of a blob of metal. It wasn’t cool there, either. Keep it that way in elite if you want, but I don’t think this should be a thing in normal.
    • Like x 1
  13. TLantern Developer

Ok thanks. I'll look into this.
    • Like x 2
  14. TLantern Developer

This should be updated with the next patch.
    • Like x 1
  15. BloodIust Active Player

In 1st boss of the elite 4 man is it intended for rage crash to hit while in ice block i know in mome it it wasnt and not in pce either
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just had to tell a tank to go dps because of this stupid “primary attack” oneshotting us and it hurt me in the soul. It was almost comical how much easier it was with the tankless buff making the attack survivable.

Because of an attack I warned you was unfair 2 YEARS AGO all the way back in JLD. Bosses should not have this attack except maybe in elite content, it just hits too hard coming from them.

Please, I don’t want tanks to be shunned for 4 months like in BoP.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Is Evil Cosmic Boy's primary attack supposed to be hitting twice in regular alert? I'm talking about the attack where he throws a metal sphere at one player, that is hitting twice, doing about 90% of someone's max health in both hits, essentially becoming a 1 shot.

I kinda forgot this thread exists and made a bug thread elsewhere...
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The attack will do about 90% of your health in damage, regardless of the presence of a tank. It just ignores our defense and health stats.

It is hitting twice, doing circa 180% of someone's max health though.
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If you block you can survive it, but still yoo much for a normal alert
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah with a tank the first ball will kill you. The combat log said it hit me for all 147k of my health. Another time I happened to have my Hard Light Shield up. It destroyed my shield, with the grey number being about 80k, and then I took another 80k.

That being said, there is definitely an infuriating tendency for him to launch two balls consecutively which causes sudden deaths even with a healer and the tankless buff, if you’re unlucky. It’s also a problem without a healer, because if you’ve taken prior damage from the not telegraphed quantum AOEs, two balls will kill you through blocking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.