Test Discussion Episode 39: Legion HQ Orientation (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

This is the wrong thread if you want to discuss message me on private and i will like i did to others explain some facts.
  2. TLantern Developer

Thanks!

About the points, you're not meant to beat that score. The way this counting system works is that I have to put in a number, so my intention was to make it look impossible to reach. The reason being, is that I wanted this challenge to be more of a "see how high you can go" type of thing. For bragging rights and friendly competition as well. If you have opinions on this, I'd like to hear it. It's something of an experiment i'm doing.

I am looking into the marker issues as well!
    • Like x 1
  3. TheEnquirer Active Player

I like where you're going with this idea. I think what you're heading in the direction of; and what the community has mentioned MANY times before that we'd LOVE, is a public leaderboard. I think this is a nice first step. I can definitely see the appeal of what you are expirementing with, but I don't think it will gain much traction if there is no physical/visual proof of what you have achieved that is on display to ALL players in a convenient location. I think perhaps if there was a scoreboard placed somewhere in the Watchtower/HoD that has the statues of the four players that have the best fitness test time, that would be cool. I think it could keep people entertained to beat each other out. Maybe there could be a prize attached for the winners, either on a routine time-based schedule, such as daily/weekly/monthly, or just after a certain period of time within/before the end of the DLC.

Scoreboards are great, but a huge part of player retention is obviously keeping up with the joneses, no one wants to feel left behind, and I think if you can find a way to implement one, you'd see some interesting results.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No, just no. Then you'll have these people wanting to focus on nothing but that for their egos and not actually finishing the content. There doesnt need to be any statues or anything similar to it. It needs to remain as is so it doesnt become a detriment to people trying to actually finish the content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.