Test Discussion Episode 39: Future Metropolis New Earth

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

The individual legionnaire fight is doable with just 10 or 12 players and with time to spare.

The Validus fight, at first seems chaotic but it's just burning the Legion down. After that fight with just Validus, are the turrets supposed to do something? It didn't encase him or bring down his damage or extend the fight. What I mean to ask is what is the purpose and effect of these turrets?
  2. Eve YouTuber

Here's my feedback from the playtest:
    • For Validus fight, everything takes super long and so much is happening that when we get to him we don't have time to take him down, no matter how many people are there.
    • As said above, There should be a tell for the Dread Skull. I have no clue who has it and who's not. And it leads to a massive group of K.O for half of the players there.
    • Another thing in Saturn girl fight is that there are so many stuns that makes the fight last too long.
    By the way thanks Megzilla, Oceans and RedFive who joined my little group on the dev playtest today :) Was super fun!
    I'll have a video up tomorrow!
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

BTW, the Satrun Girl fight feels long only because of the ads, the stuns, the mini-bosses and the shifting of target away from Saturn Girl. Otherwise, I think it's fairly easy as the rest.

Everything else seems to be fine for the bounties.

And also on the Validus fight, just can't seem to kill him but there was less than 20 players i think. We got close to 20 to 15%. I think on live with the over capacity phases, it should be doable.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

The "Legion in Need" mission is an either/or mission of defeating any of the Legionnaires or Validus? Unlike the Patchwork mission where it was to separate missions to defeat any of the 4 bosses and then the Hydra?

The more I think about it, this may be a good solution to the small group and bloated group against the weekly bounty the way it is designed right now. A smaller number of players won't feel frustrated to be unable to a phase with a large group to finish a bounty, if they can defeat the legionnaire bounty with a handful of players. At the same time, the Validus fight will require that large number of players with only some extra timebeacon mark as the reward either way both types of groups will get their weekly reward.

Although it kinda sux that we used to get 16 marks of splinter coins for completing 2 bounty missions compared to getting 8solar credits for doing 1 weekly bounty mission...Wait, is that why you returned the weekly pickup signs mission? in exchange for that missing bounty?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Then validus needs an adjustment, as penryn pointed out, lower population servers will suffer.
    • Like x 2
  6. inferno Loyal Player

I think if my post above yours is as intended, it may not need to be. The only incentive to fight Validus will be 8 extra time beacon marks per week and any feats associated with his fight.
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

I think the cars are being pulled out of the museum which is next to the fight.
    Edit: Whoops, just scrolled to where you got a reply. :)
  8. BumblingB I got better.

2 points here.
    1. If it's optional, it should still be available for lower population servers. It shouldn't be considered at all to not be able to do because of lower population. All content should be available for all players regardless of platform.
    2. They setup reward prices based on all obtainable resources. If a player chooses not to do Hydra (or Validus), they make that decision to skip marks and available content to them. It should never be because they are unable to do it because of a difficulty set by the devs for a higher population server. Thus reducing the already smaller amount of content and rewards.
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    So a new "Contribution Meter" was added for this bounty system. One thing I noticed on the Validus fight is that my bar was always filled after ~90 seconds. That would be the point in the fight typically where Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy had been defeated. For every other fight, I was having to work much harder and longer to max out my contribution bar. For the Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad fights, it was taking about 3 minutes 10 seconds to max out. That was with me varying targets and trying to do the objectives.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Some of these are hidden below the ground or inside buildings. For the weekly mission "Metropolis Meltdown"
    • Like x 2
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just to follow up on yesterday's posts, here are a couple of demonstration videos:

1. Invincible Bosses Not Dropping Target

During the playtest, I saw people keep trying to damage the bosses during their invincibility phases. Dropping target would help to encourage players to move to the other boss(es).

2. Cosmic Boy's High-Damage Attacks

That brief combo did over 167k damage with the final attack doing over 120k.

I was able to wear Saturn Girl down to half-health with some difficulty. Cosmic Boy on the other hand didn't go so well. I had some luck baiting him into doing a lunge that only did 45k damage and cycling detaunts. Once he turned his attention back to me though, I usually didn't last long. So I can see Cosmic Boy's attacks being an issue for smaller groups, especially ones that lack a tank.
    • Like x 1
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Are the Controlled Teen Titans supposed to be uncounterable in the Validus fight?

I blocked Robin's full combo and didn't get a counter on him.
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How is Saturn's Girl healing mechanic supposed to work?

Look at her health bar around the 15 and 28 second markers. She just starts healing up large chunks of health.
  14. JackFrost Developer

We'll get this resolved soon, but it likely won't be fixed in the next hotfix that goes to the Test server. Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 2
  15. JackFrost Developer

During this phase of the fight, players need to defeat the Lightning Elementals in order to advance the fight.
  16. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback. We plan on continuing to tune the various fights. Some edits to Saturn Girl fight are forthcoming in the next hotfix which should hopefully address some of your concerns there. The Validus fight is currently intended to be much tougher than the other three fights. Thanks again!
  17. JackFrost Developer

Thanks! Yeah I have been planning on adjusting the contribution requirements for the Validus fight, and just hadn't gotten to it yet. I hope to make adjustments for a future hotfix.
  18. Eve YouTuber

Is that intended? Feats "Lightning Logjam" and "Cosmic Commotion" Give the same title: From The Future.
  19. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Bug Report. I noticed in the first Supergirl mission, the Legion recruits voices should be aligned with their proper characters, male/female.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Nope, that's a bug. Thanks for the report! I'll get it fixed.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.