Dev Discussion Episode 38: Crypt of Penthesilea (4 Player)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to episode 38! This feedback thread is for the Crypt of Penthesilea 4 Player Operation. The Council of Wonder Women is gathering fragments of the Source Wall, but Queen Diana has not shared any fragments with the others. Help Nubia find out what's going on.

This is the place for feedback, comments, and details about any issues you find in this operation.
    Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoy all of the episode 38 content!

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The atlantis portion is just... urgh. That glitch from Atlantis open world where your screen has a fit near the ceiling boundary? Well since you’re on the bridge near the ceiling boundary, guess who’s back?! That’s right, the screen seizures! The Poseidon fight has a couple of very unfair catch 22s;

Okay, don’t stand in front of the trident, cool. Except the unavoidable attack immediately preceding it puts you into a pushed state, so you can’t move out of the way!

And those purple rings? If one appears under your feet as Poseidon’s standard attacks stun you because staff does that a lot, you’re just dead.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

Only ran the alert once today. First part was great, team mates took awhile with not dpsing on Queen Diana's shield.
    Atlantis part was laggy and the UI was acting up. Oh, is there a reason LFG is called "RUG" now on live? o_O
    Poseidon fight was great. We haven't had any major issues once my team mates picked up on the mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  4. Quixotic Developer

Thank you for the reports on the Atlantis map. Our team is looking into it.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Yeah, I need to stop playing now for a bit after running that alert. It's seizure inducing because how bad it's acting up. Feels like someone stabbed me through the eyes with ice picks into my brain.
    • Like x 3
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Here is a video that shows the glitch in the Alert that people are talking about.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

we run into a bug where the LB in the alert wasnt available, we stuck on the way to him...
  8. lulukachina New Player

That Atlantis portion of the 4 player is unbearable. I'm not sure if it's just a PS4 server issue or not. I've ran with some players who didn't have many issues with the UI completely blacking out. But we tried getting leaguemates through the Atlantis portion last night and it was really frustrating. The only way we could get through it is if we kept the camera zoomed out to it's Max and overhead in birds eye view.

No issues so far in the crypt portion of the alert.
  9. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

....here is more video from the alert and it NOT rendering!

10. Walvine Well-Known Player

Devs Im unsure if this will help you track reason of The GUI rendering glitch but it is linked to same content reagon as the glitch also occurs in atlantis episode open world when swimming at max height of playable area ,The glitch did not occur until after the solid sky dome playable hieght was lowered to prevent acrobats from climbing the ceiling of atlantis episode .
  11. Eve YouTuber

Yeah the UI going crazy makes it impossible to finish the Poseidon fight. That and I think everything happens a bit too fast and Healers taking adds aggro the very moment they spawn doesn't help. This was on my alt tho, was fine on my main.
  12. Moon Shines New Player

The 4 man is so gliching you can't even finish. I love your game and think all Devs are top but this needs to be fixed asap so I can reply it lol
  13. NibellaRin Active Player

I love the puzzle rooms at the start and all the coordination needing to get through that section. The second half, in Atlantis is too glitchy for me to even attempt. I did one time and made myself super sick from the flickering screen. I'm sure that's on your list to fix but until it is I can't say one way or the other on that section.
  14. Moon Shines New Player

Looki really love this game but the 4 man is unplayable please fix asap
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is essentially the exact same thing that was happening with Atlantis open world the first week or two of that DLC. The devs fixed it so I imagine this will be fixed the same way. But for the time being, just point your camera downward as much as possible.
  16. Arkenra Well-Known Player

We just got stuck on the last part of the bridge as well, there was an add floating behind the last barrier so we were unable to get to the final boss since all adds needs to be killed to get past the barrier.
  17. Quixotic Developer

Hmm...Not sure how one would get one the wrong side of the barrier. I'll look into it.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  18. Minotaur38 Active Player

Fix the HUD in this operation. We pay $15/month for a game that never works. We should be compensated for this operation. FIX IT.
    • Like x 2
  19. Minotaur38 Active Player

Looking down makes it worse for me. HUD goes completely out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quixotic Developer

The team is looking into the issue with the Atlantis Bridge map. As I understand it, the cause is something different than what happened with the other Atlantis map - though I am not completely certain. I'll let you know when I learn more.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.